It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Further proof UN Worthless!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I typed a long eloquent and closely-argued retort but my comp ate it so you'll have to put up with this:

Perhaps the UN is our only (slim) hope in preventing the 'one world govt' being imposed by the planet's hyperpower?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
I typed a long eloquent and closely-argued retort but my comp ate it so you'll have to put up with this:

Perhaps the UN is our only (slim) hope in preventing the 'one world govt' being imposed by the planet's hyperpower?

Yeah, you're going to have to retype that long post. I simply don't understand.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
OK (as it's you and you asked nicely
) - although the UN has had limited success in reigning in the more extreme actions of the US, what would the US be getting away with but for the UN?

The UN is the only body capable of critcising the US and its excesses, the UN gives some hope to the smaller nations that there is someone there to speak up for them and their rights in the face of an aggressive and expansionist hyperpower that sees the rest of the world as targets for 'reform'.

The idea of a world without the UN (accepting its many flaws) is a scary prospect.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
there's no reason to assume the UN will be retained once it has done its job. it merely paved the way towards world government, first, make sure that people accept the UN as a valid authority, then clandestinely use your power to the elite's ends.

tell people about peaceful resolution, then promise their safety, finally abandon them and feed them to the wolves (happened in Bosnia, probably many more locations around the world). IF people were aware of the fact that they are alone they'd prepare themselves and no gun control law in the world would convince them to effectively place their lives into their governments' hands. you do know that the UN's goal is to disarm as many sheeple as they can, don't you, i sincerely hope you understand that criminals and outlaws will always keep their stuff. so who profits? are these people blind? i don't know, those who design the stategy surely aren't.

i don't want to solely bash the UN, so called NGOs (naughty gov't organisations?) were responsible for the 'orange revolution' in Ukraine, which practically immediately resulted in natural gas deliveries to the EU halted and blamed on the Russians. does it get any clearer that yet another puppet government had been installed by Western some secret service staffed with cold warriors and other scum?

PS: if anyone thinks the UN would be able to stop the US military or would even try, think again, these guys are willing to sell anyone at any time. think Cyprus, island partially annexed a while ago, a puppet regime installed, which was never recognized by anyone except the agressor, what's the UN doing, along with the oh-so humanitarian EU? blame the victims/survivors for not rolling over. talk is cheap get used to it. any such organisation is designed to take by deception what would normally have to be fought over.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I was surfing and came across this second way to measure countries against each other. Not absolutes, just comparatives.

Its at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

Can anyone tell me why the US constantly boasts that Haiti is the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere? We’ve invaded it a half dozen times since WW2. We occupied it from 1918 to 1933. Gezz!

Is this the best we can do in this game of “Nation Building?”

[edit on 9/3/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous

You quote there really raised some eyebrows for me.

Now you got me a lot to think about . . . I think is to late already . . . the world is already rule by the hyperpowers . . . all you have to do is look how our nation and allies
choses countries and ignore others in the name of for the good of the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted by marg6043

posted by Strangerous

You quote there really raised some eyebrows for me. Now you got me a lot to think about . . . I think is to late already . . . the world is already ruled by the hyperpowers . . .

“One World Government” is a very real bogey man for the right wing. They live in fear, indeed, they live in dread of what they also suspect in their souls is inevitable. How else, for example, are the people of Fiji to be assured an equal share in the earth’s finite atmosphere, its finite fresh water, and some of its other much needed natural resources? Or the Inuits? One benevolent government is the ultimate solution. It is inevitable. One planet. One human race. One government.

You have already read my posts warning that the earth can only sustain 2 billion people in the life style favored by the west, over the long haul, that is, indefinitely. We already have 6.5 billion in 2006 and will have 8 billion by 2030, even if we put free condoms in every Cracker-jack box.

The mainland Chinese adopted a “tough love” one family one child policy 40 years ago. It worked, but still the population is growing. This is the result of the increased longevity the Chinese are enjoying due in part to their new prosperity and in part to other successful measures taken by the Chi-Coms but which are unworthy of American acknowledgment. Hey, if it’s good it’s American! If it ain't American, it ain't good.

The One Worlder’s are successors-in-kind to the America Firsters of the 1930s and 1940s. Political Neanderthals. Let’s hope we both live long enough to see the former join the latter.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

I was surfing and came across this second way to measure countries against each other. Not absolutes, just comparatives.

Its at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

Can anyone tell me why the US constantly boasts that Haiti is the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere? We’ve invaded it a half dozen times since WW2. We occupied it from 1918 to 1933. Gezz!

Is this the best we can do in this game of “Nation Building?”

Well, because Haiti is the poorest country in the West (definition: EU, NA, SA). They have the lowest GDP per capita than any country in the west and their quality of life is very low when measured by the HDI.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
One benevolent government is the ultimate solution. It is inevitable.

BENEVOLENT seems to be the key word here. Good luck with your pipe dream utopian world of one world one people one government. It is as unrealistic as thinking communism will work.
Perhaps you are unfamilier with the old addage about power, and absolute power.

It is NOT the ultimate solution...and it is NOT inevitable.

And we are not 'running out of room' as some one-worlders would have you believe, nor are we running out of food. Heck we got so much food we turn it into ethenol to power our SUVs.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted by 11Bravo

BENEVOLENT seems to be the key word here. It is NOT the ultimate solution...and it is NOT inevitable . . nor are we running out of food. Heck we got so much food we turn it into ethanol to power our SUVs.

I thought I heard recently how the military genius who runs the US, Bush43, was talking agreeably to more nations around the planet have nuclear weans. Did I mis-hear him?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ok Im not sure what Bush43 or neocons have to do with anything I said, but anyway....
"In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men the great difficulty lies in this: You must first enable the government to control the governed, and in the next place, oblige it to control itself."
Alexander Hamilton

Who will keep this 'global government' in line? Who will have the oversight?
What safety checks will be in place to ensure that it doesnt turn into a global police state? How could the people of the earth shake off a global tyrant when history ........ "hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."
I thought I read on another thread that you were prior service.
Have you read the constitution?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Do us other Americans a favor and bone up on our country, our constitution, our rights, and the various threats to all three of those.
Not to be a dick but 'american' proponants of the UN come dangerously close to being traitors IMO.

Are you familier with George Washingtons comparison of government and fire?

How do you feel about monopolies my friend? Because what you are advocating is nothing more than a monopoly of all the power in the world, be it political, economical or military.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
How do you feel about monopolies my friend? Because what you are advocating is nothing more than a monopoly of all the power in the world, be it political, economical or military.

all in one of course. you'd think after WW2, Communism and dozens of millions of war dead people would no longer fall for such empty promises, but no, we've got to have world government. why? it's inevitable. like death i presume, which i'd rather choose instead of the NWO puttting RFIDs up our ***es, but i'm probably deranged and st00pid.

quick Q: how many gov't interventions have you seen in your lifetime (fariy tale history does not count) which did not take someone's life, liberty, money or property? or at least took his or her peace of mind, dignity or privacy?

if that's all inevitable, i prefer the fate of planet V.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join