It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has highly enriched Uranium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, it's official - Iran has been caught with highly enriched uranium. Now there is absolutely no use for highly enriched uranium other than nuclear weapons. "peaceful" generation of electricty can be done using much lower grade uranium. Read...

"UNITED NATIONS, Sept. 1 (UPI) -- The International Atomic Energy Agency told the U.N. Security Council its inspectors have found new traces of enriched uranium in Iran.

The discovery marked the third instance that highly enriched uranium was found at an Iranian facility, but the IAEA said the nuclear fingerprint on the new discovery does not match that found on earlier samples, which the agency had concluded came from contaminated equipment from Pakistan, The New York Times reported Friday."

Story: upi.com...

Now, for those of you who have been stating that Iran has this right and that right and that the program was for peaceful purposes, what say you now? I say that it is high time to dismantle this program through whatever means necessary; yes, that includes FORCE!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Either you all don't understand the implications of this or you don't care - either way this does not bode well for the rest of the world.

Highly enriched uranium has only 1 purpose - the manufacture of a nuclear warhead. Previous samples discovered by the IAEA could be traced to fissile material produced in Pakistan by Pakistan. This latest sample could be traced to no known samples, leading to the likelihood that htis was produced in Iran by the Iranians.

Couple this with the fact that the IAEA draft report released yesterday concludes that neither the IAEA nor the UN could verify that Iran's nuclear program was for peaceful purposes due to the constant diversions and a complete lack of cooperation with international inspectors, as required by the NPT, and you have a recipe for a nation intent on building a nuclear weapon.

Wake up people! We have only one chance to get this right and solve the problem. Once they have the bomb, Iran will act with impunity and there will be very little that the international community can do about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I agree kozmo, I also heard on CNN last night that Iran was in possession of uranium metal,which has very few likely uses other than nuclear weapons. Time to dismantle their nuclear program with some serious heat.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Once they have the bomb, Iran will act with impunity and there will be very little that the international community can do about it.

Yes there is. They launch one bomb, 'we' launch several bombs.

But then, those inherently ignorant and war-mongering brown skinned types neither know of the MAD concept, nor care of course, so we MUST be on the safe side and turn their lands into a homogenous dust bowl.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Is that Iran has proven through it's financial support and sales of weapons to Hezbollah and Hamas that they are not interested in fighting s direct war - for them it is war by proxy.

They will, and you can take this to the bank, provide a nuclear device to a thrid party terrorist organization to move and detonate at a time and place of their choosing and yet be able to proclaim plausible deniability because no nation will have detected a launch originating from Iranian soil. As a result, no retaliation will be taken because no nation will want to run the risk of nuking a nation that the world is unsure is responsible.

It will take months or years before the "Dots" are connected and Iran is proven to be responsible but it will be too late. What will we do??? Go to the UN and impose sanctions on them
Give me a freaking break! I am completely stunned that people are so damned lackadaisical about this.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I am completely stunned that people are so damned lackadaisical about this.

Ok then, i'm going to go out and find the first foreign looking person I can and vent my spleen upon them. Then I will find another, and another etc.. Obviously I need to adopt a more confrontational and suspicious attitude when dealing with none-whites, cos thats what we are talking about really.

Short of this, I don't know what to do. What do you want me/us to do, honestly? I can't go over to Iran myself and hunt for this enriched uranium. So what do you suggest? I could cower in my home, allow fear to wash over me and adopt and irrational stance towards non familiar things, but why the F***K should I, eh?

People like you are ten a penny these days but you still make me sick. I tell you what, I'll come round to your house and tell your kids that the bogeyman is going to get them. Then i'll do it the next night, then the next.

Honestly, what the hell is the point in spreading fear like this, unless you have underlying racist tendencies, because, to be honest, the ONLY outcome from distribution of ahem, 'news' such as this is perception alteration.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Ok then, i'm going to go out and find the first foreign looking person I can and vent my spleen upon them. Then I will find another, and another etc.. Obviously I need to adopt a more confrontational and suspicious attitude when dealing with none-whites, cos thats what we are talking about really.

Short of this, I don't know what to do. What do you want me/us to do, honestly? I can't go over to Iran myself and hunt for this enriched uranium. So what do you suggest? I could cower in my home, allow fear to wash over me and adopt and irrational stance towards non familiar things, but why the F***K should I, eh?

People like you are ten a penny these days but you still make me sick. I tell you what, I'll come round to your house and tell your kids that the bogeyman is going to get them. Then i'll do it the next night, then the next.

Honestly, what the hell is the point in spreading fear like this, unless you have underlying racist tendencies, because, to be honest, the ONLY outcome from distribution of ahem, 'news' such as this is perception alteration.

I make you sick!? Laughable! It's people like you that don't demand that your government do something about this that make the world such a miserable place. As long as your telly works and there's cold beer in the fridge then everything is perfect in the world, eh? This is not about spreading fear - there is something to legitimately fear here. This is not some made up monster like the boogeyman. Nukes are real - did you happen to catch a little thing called world history??? Also, in case you've had your head in the sand for too lang, Iran has made threats against Israel and supports terrorists around the globe.

I have no idea where your conclusions of racism come into play. And by the way, you come around my house or near my children, the coroner will be pulling lead from your body for weeks!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It is pretty damn amazing at the hypocracy of some of the members of this site.

They have been constantly stating that Iran has the right to peaceful nuclear tech. and that it is all a plot by GWB/Mossad.

Now that information comes showing a new source of highly enriched uranium, which Iran has no need for, these people are silent.

I thought the motto of ATS was DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It used to be Deny Ignorance. I've stopped coming by since for the last year or so it has been "Support Liberalism" more and more. And anyone who brings that up is instantly branded as heretic.

Back on topic, this really isn't a surprise. I find it hard to believe that anyone ever truly thought that Iran only wanted nuclear power for peaceful reasons. It was just a popular "talking point".

It won't be long until people start claiming that it was planted there by the powers that be. And THAT would be why I originally came to this site - was for conspiracies, not for political mudslinging. Instead, I predict that there will be a number of posters rolling their eyes and saying it is just because of the midterm elections coming up in the US...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Can anyone say deterrent remember that word from the cold war, it worked with the US and Russia and will work as well at keeping the Zionist in Israel and the States in line as well.

U.S. built major Iranian nuclear facility

The Tehran Research Reactor represents a little-known aspect of the international uproar over the country's alleged weapons program. Not only did the U.S. provide the reactor in the 1960s as part of a Cold War strategy, America also supplied the weapons-grade uranium needed to power the facility—fuel that remains in Iran and could be used to help make nuclear arms.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Maybe the majority of people are waiting to hear what grade this uranium is and how much of it they possess before freaking out about it. That seems like it would be a sensible option, especially since the first two incidents were minute quantities of contamination on imported equipment.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The discovery marked the third instance that highly enriched uranium was found at an Iranian facility, but the IAEA said the nuclear fingerprint on the new discovery does not match that found on earlier samples, which the agency had concluded came from contaminated equipment from Pakistan, The New York Times reported Friday."

The contamination could be from equipment or sources from North Korea becuase as we all know Iran not only got equipment such as P-1 and P-2 equipment/blueprints from Pakistan but also recived alot of equipment from North Korea and from the black market got stuff from all over the world.

Also "highly Encriched" doesn't mean anything. You need about 4% to 5% enrichment to use it for power anything over that is considered highly enriched for example they could have found samples that where 30% encriched which would coun't as "highly enriched" uranium.

We need more information before we go around pointing fingers. What really concerns me is people have already forgotten what happened in Iraq and now are doing the exact same thing towards Iran. We all remember that Iraq was could attack within 45 minutes with it's chemical/biological weapons but what happened? nothing that what absolutly nothing becuase they had nothing.

People need to stop jumping to conclusions and pointing fingers without solid evidence otherwise we will end up with more problems in the region.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What's more scary are the people who forget the rise of hitler and nazi germany in the early 30's.

All the signs were there that he was a threat but (like some on this board) the world chose to ignore the threat and appease the treat (just like now)...and look what happened....a world war which claimed 10's of millions of lives....

and it could of been prevented....but most people said that Germany was not a threat lets appease them.........

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Good thing at least Iran is trying to stand up to the threat then.

This is really nothing like the rise of Nazi Germany, unless you turn the map around and look at who's invading who.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
What's more scary are the people who forget the rise of hitler and nazi germany in the early 30's.

More scare tactics.

Germany had an incredibly powerfull industrial base which allowed it to crank out tanks, guns, aircraft and had power projection which was unmatched by any single other country in the world.

Iran can never be compared to Germany of that time. Germans where a major super power in everything. It took the combined forces of the most powerfull countries on the planet to destory the Germans.

Are you honestly telling me that Iran is going to now be on the same level as Germany. Please who are you kidding with your scare mongering. Any basic child could work out that Iran is no position to do even 1 thing that the Germans ever did witht he rise of Hitler.

And the nuclear bomb changes nothing even if they are trying to get one it makes no difference becuase other countries already posses them in signifcant quantities to the point where Iran can only use the bomb as a self-defence tool to ensure MAD with other countries.

All the signs were there that he was a threat but (like some on this board) the world chose to ignore the threat and appease the treat (just like now)...and look what happened....a world war which claimed 10's of millions of lives....

and it could of been prevented....but most people said that Germany was not a threat lets appease them.........

More scare tactics.

Iran is no threat to any country that doesn't mess around with it.

Let me guess they will launch there nuclear warheads in 45 minutes unless we stop them

We went through this crap already and we are now stuck in Iraq. Lets do our job over there and Afghanistan before we decide to ruin another functioning country.

The only problem America has with the Iranina nuke(if they are trying to get one) is that it stops them having complete control over a strategically important area of the world which is rich with natural resources. And that is why they are in such a hurry to destory Iran so it cannot defend itself from American thuggery in the future.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It's the very thing that makes this Earth a more dangerous place, like i once said, alot of people are looking straight at a timebomb, until it explodes before their faces, and then its too late.

Alot of things could've been prevented, though i think most people lack the fear of the impending dangers to try and stop it. Even if it means just softening the blow. The biggest mistake? To class situations as hoaxes or insane ideas.

I still have a very bad feeling about the future...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
With nuclear weapons you do not need a large military only missles and if a country is able to develop the ability to minagerize (spelled really poorly) then armies will become moot.

There are supposed suit-case

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
MAD as in, we are all nuts to keep building nukes, and nuke plants.

Nuke research is justified, but nuke plants are far less effiecient than others, and nuclear warheads are good for nothing, because they can never be used...

sabre rattled once in a while, but never used... why?
Because no one wants to start that battle... the one that ends the world... and kills billions of people...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

I make you sick!? Laughable! It's people like you that don't demand that your government do something about this that make the world such a miserable place. As long as your telly works and there's cold beer in the fridge then everything is perfect in the world, eh? This is not about spreading fear - there is something to legitimately fear here. This is not some made up monster like the boogeyman. Nukes are real - did you happen to catch a little thing called world history??? Also, in case you've had your head in the sand for too lang, Iran has made threats against Israel and supports terrorists around the globe.

I have no idea where your conclusions of racism come into play. And by the way, you come around my house or near my children, the coroner will be pulling lead from your body for weeks!

First of all, let me say this: I don't like Iran and I hate their government.

Now on to the real post.

You live in Ohio of the United States of America. Iran is thousands of miles away, the nuclear development of Iran will not matter to you except for Israel and the countries in the region that wants to keep their power. Iran will not attack unless it is attacked. I don't care what Iran's President said, he is a much smarter man than we give him credit for, he knows what he is doing if you have not figuered that out by now. IF Iran builds a bomb they will NOT supply it to terrorist groups becuase that will be suicide... I suppose you understand the politics behind that.

You are too hyped and worried about this and you really should not be.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Europe thought the same about Hitler......all talk and no show....

and what happened?

We should learn from major mistakes.

Though I suppose if there was a nuclear war there would be a drastic drop in world population.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join