It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. Times blocks article to British Web readers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

www.davemadethis.com..." border=0>

N.Y. Times blocks article to British Web readers

The New York Times' Web site is blocking British readers from a news article detailing the investigation into the recent airline terror plot, turning its Internet ad-targeting technology into a means of complying with British laws.

"We had clear legal advice that publication in the U.K. might run afoul of their law," Times spokeswoman Diane McNulty said Tuesday. "It's a country that doesn't have the First Amendment, but it does have the free press. We felt we should respect their country's law."

Visitors who click on a link to the article, published Monday, instead got a notice explaining that British law "prohibits publication of prejudicial information about the defendants prior to trial." The blocked article reveals evidence authorities have in the alleged plot to use liquid explosives to down U.S. airliners over the Atlantic.

More...

What a pathetic and stupid justification!

That's it! I guess the U.S. won the veritable freaking lottery! :shk: What were the chances that all three branches of government AND the media would simultaneously spiral into the same abyss of moronic pseudo-principled nonsense?

The world is a zoo.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
A zoo with out keeprs it seems loam.

To start hiding stuff from us because of some stupid reasons like that are not good for the dampening of paranoia or suspicions at all.

I want to read it now - any ideas what it says at all??

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
sorry double post...

But i still want to know about the stuff now... Could it be that its a whole family involved ?? Mums, Dads and three brothers as a the ring leaders?? Hope they bring back the death penalty here in the UK for scum like this.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

new topics

join