Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

nutmeg potions

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Anyone familiar with the intense sedation effects given by nutmeg? I used 25 grams and slept like a baby. I did hear it is toxic and 1.5 grams per pound of body weight should be used or it might cause death, so be careful. But the eggnog concoction I made last night was very good. I grounded up 5 seeds, and since it does not dissolve I had to mix the drink everytime I sipped it. If you want to be relaxed for 24 - 48 hours make it a nutmeg weekend. Just don't kill yourself. It's now been 27 hours since I made the drink and im still feeling very relaxed.




posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
lol me and my friend ate a buttload of nutmeg, it tasted like anus.


so many other options, so imo ta hell with nutmeg.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Lysergic]



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Uh By The Way, Nutmeg is poisonious (lethally) in high doses.

Might not want to drink a potion full of it, it could kill you.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Uh By The Way, Nutmeg is poisonious (lethally) in high doses.

Might not want to drink a potion full of it, it could kill you.


Yeah, safrole (one chemical compound found in nutmeg) is carcinogenic in high levels and toxic to the liver. Just because it is available at the grocery doesn't mean its safe. I would just be very careful. It's not something I would play around with. You also cannot judge the amount of any compound in something like that which makes dosage incredibly iffy.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
more importantly it sucks.

and there are too many better alternatives to list.


nutmeg sucks as bad as the whole morning glory seed experiment when I was 17



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
A recent thread on BTS has more information on nutmeg.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

What you are doing is not very safe.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A little fresh grated nutmeg on egg nog - very good. Add a shot of Jim Beam (if you're of age) even better. The canned stuff goes nasty pretty quick. Gotta grate it fresh. But no, I wouldn't use it to cop a buzz. I doubt I've ever used enough nutmeg to even get a sedative effect, and like many spices, it works good as a flavor enhancer, but by itself or in large quantities, isn't pleasant.

I'll stick with the Jim Beam. In moderation, of course.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
in moderation. That applies to everything. Nutmeg does not taste good, it does not dissolve, so it feels like your drinking sand. But I rather do that than burn my throat with bourbon, or smoke cigars. Toxicity to liver is only in large dosages and repeaded use. Nutmeg is natural...but very deadly to small statured people and women. If you react well to it, you might consider giving up marijuana smoking, if you work for a country or city, and quit those other killers tobacco and liquor.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
or you could get a vaporizor, make tea, space cake.. etc.


instead of eating nasty ass nut meg.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i remember i used to trip on nutmeg all the time now its gotten to the point where the smell of nutmeg or getting too close to it will induce nausea. the trips are occasionally fun but the side effects suck now the only way i can do it is if i pack it into capsules which takes forever, i just finished doing it.

slaves on a ship importing spices used to steal nutmeg and use it to releive the stress. it is also good for reducing fever and treating insomnia.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, after extensive research , which I decided to do after my experience with nutmeg, I found out that the toxicity is worse than alchohol. I read a lot after wards instead of before ingesting it because I didnt think nutmeg was that serious. Something with no warning labels on it, and available everywhere ! It's deadly. I just hope I didnt put a years worth of alchohol drinking on my liver with one dosage of nutmeg. 25 grams, and it's now been 32 plus hours and I still feel sedation .



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Two girls died near my hometown about 15 years ago due to nutmeg poisoning. Its a neurotoxin. It shuts down your brain. In many ways, its worse then using meth.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
im not getting good info on net. Im tryin to find out if prolonged use or one use does damage. Neural that is. I feel fine now, just sedated...but tired..I didnt puke or anything or show any signs of my body refusing the stuff.



posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
one use wont cause any problems unless you exceed 20 grams. Depending on your weight of course.





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join


Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution