It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Muslims Warn of Threat From Within

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

U.S. Muslims Warn of Threat From Within

After the Sept. 11 suicide hijackings, distraught U.S. Muslim leaders feared the next casualty would be their religion.

Islam teaches peace, they told anyone who would listen in news conferences, at interfaith services and, most famously, standing in a mosque with President Bush.

But five years later, the target audience for their pleas has shifted. Now the faith's American leaders are starting to warn fellow Muslims about a threat from within.

More...

A fascinating article that clarifies the apparent efforts of many within the Muslim community to curb the extremist problem. I hope that narrows the brush stroke for some out there who think ALL Muslims are the problem.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Finally a step in the right direction!

...I wonder what made them change their minds?

perhaps it was that social pressure I have been advocating? well it looks like that may no longer be necessary.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think actually it might be the fear of internment camps, and Bush's speach the other day that called the war against terror a fight against 'one enemy, militant islam'.

They must of looked around, seen the writing on the wall and thought ' No gitmo for me thank you very much!'.

About time this started to happen - As Bush said, your either with us or against us... Choosing times nearly up in my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
I think actually it might be the fear of internment camps, and Bush's speach the other day that called the war against terror a fight against 'one enemy, militant islam'.

...because it couldn't possibly be that there are Muslims who are (and have always been) against extremism...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
LETS KILL ALL THE MUSLIMS ANYWAY

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
However, it's a little too little and much too late! This has been brewing in their midst for decades and they have done NOTHING about it. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for them or their "religion of peace" which seems to be anything but peaceful! They are getting EXACTLY what they deserve. You reap what you sow!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HARDCOREMOKID
LETS KILL ALL THE MUSLIMS ANYWAY

Oh man! I know you're just trying to ruffle feathers, but jeez dude.
You've been a member for what 10 minutes, and you've made a couple really outrageous statements..........

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I would calll these people appeasers. Trying to appease the West just as those whose appeasement led to the end of Khilafah.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I would call it logic...
And the proper path to resolving this issue peacefully...

IMHO much of the conflict is political, and not personal... therefore, the more independant thinking members of both sides will set themselves apart from being a tool of either parties ideology...

and whala... peace can be possible...

I watched the "roots of 9-11" documentary and was amazed at the total ignorance of Americans by the foreign muslims they interveiwed... (as ignorant as some members here towards the USA's foreign policy.
Here we have the media that teaches the way we are supposed to hate,
and there they have the aftermosque meetings that teach the way they are supposed to hate...

If we could get outside the propaganda machine that steers both sides, we would be amazed at what truths we could uncover that unite us, atop the mountain of lies that have set us apart...

new topics

top topics

join