It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos From WTC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I was in NYC right after 911. I have worked in telecommunucations for over 20 years. I got sent there to help get the network in lower Manhattan back on line. I took these pictures while I was there. These pictures were taken from 140 West St., with a disposable camera as I was told when I went there that taking photographs was forbidden. I had to get NYPD clearance & military clearance/ID to get thru the check points, which changed daily. Therefore I didn't want to lose a digital camera, and get arrested & fired. On two occasions prior I tried to get a disposable camera thru the military check point via hiding them in my boots that were slung over my shoulder. ( We had boots to wear at the site which were mandatory, and sneakers to walk to & from the hotel in because the NYPD perimeter was at Canal St., (Holland Tunnel), and it took walking a few more blocks north to finally hail a cab!!! The soldiers checked my boots, found the cameras, and I just played dumb, said I didn't know, etc., and let them take them. The third time I hid the disposable camera in the webbing of my hard hat & they didn't check it. I don't know if these photos will be of interest to anyone, but I thought I would share them with you all. It's one of the reasons I wanted to join ATS. I will give a brief description of each pic, but if you have questions please feel free to comment. Thanx-

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking south toward WFC (4th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking west at West St.. Fire crews leaving & entering check point area (4th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking south towards WTC complex. The window damage is also in photo image from FEMA report 5th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

Same as previous one floor down ((4th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking east toward WTC 7, storage room. (9th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking east toward WTC 7. The window damage is also in photo image from FEMA report ( 4th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking east toward WTC 7. The window damage is also in photo image from FEMA report ( 4th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking east toward WTC 7 ( 4th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking internal, D4 channel bank (4th fl).

i101.photobucket.com...

i101.photobucket.com...

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking internal, back cosmic frame (4th fl.)

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking internal, front cosmic frame (4th fl.)

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking south towards WTC 6

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking south towards WTC 6

i101.photobucket.com...

Looking south towards WTC 5 & 6

Again- Any questions you may have please feel free. Thanx-

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Some may find this a little easier to navigate:

s101.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Some may find this a little easier to navigate:

s101.photobucket.com...

Sorry 1st thread I created & also posting pics. Thanx-

Should this be in a forum for 911, WTC, etc.? If so how do I get it there. Thanx again-

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the pictures, BUT what EVERYONE should take note of is how the government CONTROLLED the site so heavily... No disposable cameras for ANYONE... As I have stated befor the ONLY cameras allowed within ten blocks were FEMA's. CNN and the rest of the networks got ALL of their footage of ground Zero from them.

This is SO TELLING I actually have a thread here somewhere about the information control at ground zero, but the search sucks and of course it is burried under 10,000 "what happened at wtc7" threads...

On an aside... the telco room is F'd.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Slap Nuts]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes it was next to impossible to get in there Slap Nuts. . . They had it tied up tight. At the time I really didn't think of any kind of conspiracy going. I do remember thinking that the buildings all came down a bit too easy, but I had a lot more on my mind. . .

Like so many of us I wish I could go back in time to see what really happened that day because since then, from all that I've been exposed to, I don't think we're being told the whole truth by a long shot. . . And that really pisses me off because people died, and many others risked their lives over this. We deserve the truth! I only hope I live to hear it. . .

BTW- Sorry bout the telco room. . .

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Slap Nuts... Is this it? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice pics 2PacSade. Thanks for sharing.

The whole damn thing just stinks of an 'inside job'. Why clean up so fast, before anyone can investigate and inspect the damage? Why censor the area? Why can't people take pictures? I guess the only thing I can think of is out of respect for the dead... so their families don't have to see them on the internet.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Nice pics 2PacSade. Thanks for sharing.

The whole damn thing just stinks of an 'inside job'. Why clean up so fast, before anyone can investigate and inspect the damage? Why censor the area? Why can't people take pictures? I guess the only thing I can think of is out of respect for the dead... so their families don't have to see them on the internet.

Yes that's what we were told is that they didn't want a picture of the dead making it onto the internet. I had no intention of doing that, but I did want some memories to look at. . . Something to show my family & friends so they could see also. . .

I'm glad I did because it sometimes seems like I dreampt it. The pictures remind me that I actually was there. . .

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Yes. Thanks. I lke how fast ESDAD got in there... he is like the new Vushta + Mr. Pointy + Howard Roark all rolled into one. I love my following.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
You flatter yourself Slaps.

If you want to remember that day, put in Farenheit 9/11, crank up the volume and listen to the sound of the impacts, and the people in that one portion of the movie, that shows nothing. That is all you need. I grew up part of my life in NY, and still remember going to the towers with my father when you were allowed on the roof for observation. to me they were the most amazing structures in the world.

Each year I would go back in the summer and always had to go to the WTC. I was there this past year in December and went again to ground zero. It is very, very moving. If you have ever seen them, you can imagine what it must have been like that day.

I have seen many many photos from that day, some by people who did the same thing this guy did and smuggled in small cameras. After awhile it all looks the same.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My God I wish 9/11 never happened.

I just want to go back to the bubble I was living in and not know my government betrayed us all for power.

If only we could turn the clock back...

Great pictures my friend, thank you for sharing. I have a question for you, what did you gut/intuition tell you? Did it feel like something was not right but you coudnt put your finger on it?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
You flatter yourself Slaps.

I have seen many many photos from that day, some by people who did the same thing this guy did and smuggled in small cameras. After awhile it all looks the same.

That's a good point. I can see how it would be that way for some people. . . It was the same thing for me when I was watching it on TV. . .But also for me, every picture brings a different perspective, and they let me know that there was yet another person that was there that I didn't know about. . . Someone that experienced that totally surreal event first hand. . . They help me to never forget that experience. . . I don't want to forget because I don't believe we've been told the truth. Therefore I owe it to everyone that doesn't have a tongue anymore to seek out that truth. Pictures are a tool.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Great pictures my friend, thank you for sharing. I have a question for you, what did you gut/intuition tell you? Did it feel like something was not right but you coudnt put your finger on it?

No not at the time. I was very preoccupied with just being there & doing my job. It was mainly afterward, when I could actually step back from it a bit that my thoughts progressively leaned toward us not being told the truth.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What I was really hoping was that someone may see something in one of these pics that may tell us something. Have you notice this shot;

i101.photobucket.com...

Have you noticed that the outside facade in some places is totally burnt away and yet a couple of feet right behind these places there are computers, fax machines & printers that are still white & virtually untouched. You can see the cords still connecting them together. Look at the top floors of WTC 6. How can this happen?

Then there's this this pic of WTC 7;

i101.photobucket.com...

Have you noticed all the steel neatly folded, all the exposed ends. The way it's stacked. . .

Again, I'm hoping that someone can look at these pics beyond them being "all the same", and find something that's not the same.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I can help you out a littl on WTC6. There could be many reasons, one could be the windows stayed in tact for the uration of the fire and was a heat barrier, most would be surprised how well some materials work in keeping the heat away. Like if you were to burn a whole log and it may be in the fire the whole night but then doesnt burn through very well. This is because it is so dense and there is not enough outside exposers compared to how thick the log is. Think of fire as a fast acting rust, it needs to rust the outside before it can get to the interior.

Another scenario could be ventilation. If the building was ventilating itself in such a way that fresh air was exiting thru those windows, then that could have kept the heat awy from the interior.

Fire is a wierd element, it is very hard to predict what it will do exactly.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade
What I was really hoping was that someone may see something in one of these pics that may tell us something. Have you notice this shot;

i101.photobucket.com...

Have you noticed that the outside facade in some places is totally burnt away and yet a couple of feet right behind these places there are computers, fax machines & printers that are still white & virtually untouched. You can see the cords still connecting them together. Look at the top floors of WTC 6. How can this happen?

I beleive the firefighters call that "exterior fire exposure." (or something like that.
)

It is a common for fires burning up the side of a building from a floor below.

i101.photobucket.com...

Have you noticed all the steel neatly folded, all the exposed ends. The way it's stacked. . .

What did you expect it to look like?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I can help you out a littl on WTC6. There could be many reasons, one could be the windows stayed in tact for the uration of the fire and was a heat barrier, most would be surprised how well some materials work in keeping the heat away. Like if you were to burn a whole log and it may be in the fire the whole night but then doesnt burn through very well. This is because it is so dense and there is not enough outside exposers compared to how thick the log is. Think of fire as a fast acting rust, it needs to rust the outside before it can get to the interior.

Another scenario could be ventilation. If the building was ventilating itself in such a way that fresh air was exiting thru those windows, then that could have kept the heat awy from the interior.

Fire is a wierd element, it is very hard to predict what it will do exactly.

I just thought it was wierd because the flow of the fire appears to be traveling from left to right inthe photo. Notice the burn marks to the right of the windows & facade.

I still find it wierd yhat thin plastic cases not even a couple of feet away couldn't melt. I don't know what caused it, but it did happen.

Also- a marshmellow, ( thin plastic ), next to that smolterning log would discolor & change shape wouldn't it???

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by 2PacSade

i101.photobucket.com...

I beleive the firefighters call that "exterior fire exposure." (or something like that.
)

It is a common for fires burning up the side of a building from a floor below.

Again I just find it wierd that nothing melted even though 12 to 24 inches away thin plastic didn't even discolor.

i101.photobucket.com...

What did you expect it to look like?

I don't know, but I wouldn't expect it to be neatly stacked unless that was the intention. I wish the resolution was better so we could see the ends of the steel. From what I've read, cutter charges leave a very unique signature with respect to the cut marks left by an acetylene.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

new topics

top topics

join