It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first experience w/ sleep paralysis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I dont know if this is sleep paralysis but a couple of times I have slept waled and rembered running around the house screaming and yellings gibberish. But what was wierd is I couldn't stop myself from doing these things it was like I was perched in the back of my brain watching someone welse drive my body around. I know imeaditly when I wake up that I have done this. ANother thing is everytime this has happened I have been extreamly sick with a fever I wonder if I just overheat and go into somekind of sleep crazyness.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Paradigm,

sorry but you did not explain what happened next in your story?

did you come out of the SP? did you fall back to sleep?

did you figure out what the bump' was?

your story is not complete.

Sorry about that.

Yeah, I came out of sleep paralysis. I was pretty confused 'cos I had pretty bad hangover and I had the flu, not a very good combination

I'm guessing that the bump I felt could've been my shoulder falling on the mattress (I was on my side when the SP began). In fact, I don't remember what position I was in when I woke up. Then again, it could've been a hallucination.

EDIT: I found a good page if some of you want to find out more about sleep paralysis: www.arts.uwaterloo.ca...

I found this paragraph especially interesting:

Sleep paralysis, or more properly, sleep paralysis with hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations have been singled out as a particularly likely source of beliefs concerning not only alien abductions, but all manner of beliefs in alternative realities and otherworldly creatures.

Any opinions on that?

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Paradigm]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
get some rem(rapid eye movement) and they should go away...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec
Paralysis is caused when the spine is deactivated significantly. This can be caused by relaxing or sleeping in a position where the spine is not perfectly straight, or when the person's legs are crossed. Lying on your side can create sleep paralysis more easily than any other position.

In most cases to avoid sleep paralysis the person needs to lie flat on their back with their feet slightly apart.

[Edited on 03-11-2003 by Aztec]

Actually, SP is more likely to happen when you lie on your back.

It has been long suspected, and frequently reported, that lying in the supine (face-up) position seems to be associated with sleep paralysis. In our own work we have found that lying in the supine position is five times more likely during sleep paralysis that it is during normal sleep. If one is trying to avoid sleep paralysis then avoiding the supine position is strongly advised. For people who normally sleep in this position changing may prove difficult.

watarts.uwaterloo.ca...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
get some rem(rapid eye movement) and they should go away...

The SP I had was probably due to the fact that my sleep pattern has become very irregular. Also, I tend to have very vivid and sometimes even Lucid dreams when I've been drinking.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ive had sleep paralysis before, It usually happens when i sleep in a uncomfortable position for a long time, or when i fight sleep before i pass out.

Its weird. You think you are able to see sometimes but then you really open your eyes and You find that its only your brains interpretation of your surroundings. That and you have to struggle for about 1-2 mins just to move your hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join