It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Town that Doesn't Exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe the hoax stories are mixed in with the true stories in order to throw people completely off track. If you believe the entire site is a spoof, then you would probably believe that everything on the site is untrue. How many discussions are there on the internet that talk about Area 51 being abandoned? People will go to great lengths to hide the truth.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
its a hoax site
see above for an actual debunking of this (in person, and talking to the website author)
there is nothing to be gleened from that website...

it was done by a guy, who supposidly wanted to see if people could tell which ones were true, and which ones he made up...

so doubt it all, before beleiving it...

sad when bored bozos have nothing better to do than contribute to the mountain of disinfo out in the net...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
I agree that a lot of the stories on the site are ridiculous (and an embarrassment to the locals I'm sure), but aside from the crap, some of these items are for real. So please try not to discount these other stories.

Thank you.

No, they aren't. None of them. It is all b.s.

I mean seriously, a rotational tuning facility to adjust earths rotation?

Half the images are clearly photoshopped. The other half show NOTHING of substance. Just a random image with a made up story.

Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well if these stories are not real then I apologize for wasting everyone's time. I still think that Valleyville is worth looking into but I'll tackle that on my next trip back to Va.

I appreciate everyone's input on the subject!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
lol what a crock of crack that is!

Headless cat...low grav caves....lmao at the source... next they'll be telling us of a B-25 on the moon and Elvis is alive and GW Bush is his puppet master....

Is that the B-25 that is supposed to be in the river in Pittsburgh?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Well if these stories are not real then I apologize for wasting everyone's time. I still think that Valleyville is worth looking into but I'll tackle that on my next trip back to Va.

Eh, BS or not. Gave me a glimmer of hope that not everything in this world is as crap as it looks!

I'm sure I passed there once and seen Elvis running around in circles in a corn field!

McP

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
sounds a lot like silent hill the games, anyone who has seen the movie will also know what im talking about AND silent hill is in virginia(its a made up town) but i wonder if its supposed to be this place...the silent hill movie came out aug 23rd so anyone can buy it(its rated r though, and its like a horror movie im sure you all know)but anyway silent hill is what i thought about especially when i read in the article whereit said its fenced off and no one is allowed there

[edit on 1-9-2006 by blackhumvee113]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
annestacey

If it makes you feel any better, I think the The Hiccup Man is a real story. So Valleyville maybe real
But the other stories are pretty crazy lol. The headless cat one lol...
I remember a real circus story about a headless chicken that survived for years. So maybe the cat is real lol...

Good find though....

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Ummm..

Its a spoof site. Its not real. Its made up.

Theres an article about a headless cat on it for christs sake.

The rhino is so obviously pasted onto the picture that its laughable.

Did any of you READ the site at all?

After looking at the site, I was just about to type darn near exactly what you wrote. Thanks, made my day.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Never judge a single subject just because it is posted in a spoof/hoax place!, if you do, you will never go too far as a serious researcher! truths normaly can be hidden in lies and jokes!

about the village, just one thing came to my mind always...

if it is true, it can be something similar to "the Village", (the movie).
if it is a prank or a hoax, it's autor must be a "The Village" huge fan!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
annestacey

If it makes you feel any better, I think the The Hiccup Man is a real story. So Valleyville maybe real
But the other stories are pretty crazy lol. The headless cat one lol...
I remember a real circus story about a headless chicken that survived for years. So maybe the cat is real lol...

Good find though....

Here's the story of mike the headless chicken in my signature. It's true dammit.
Not so sure about the headless cat.

Edit to add sorry link not working will try to fix.

Try this link www.miketheheadlesschicken.org...

[edit on 2/9/06 by mojo4sale]

[edit on 2/9/06 by mojo4sale]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Hey, don't be embarassed. Our interests drive us to look for strange stuff like this, and the nature of such things can sometimes lead to a hoax. If it makes you feel better, for every "forbidden town" that proves to be a hoax, there's probably a handful of legitimate ones we just haven't found yet. So you scratched one hoax off the list.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

annestacey
Well if these stories are not real then I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Are you kidding? We live for this stuff!

annestacey
I still think that Valleyville is worth looking into

I think you should. (If others here didn't beat you to it.)

And give LOL a big
since he provided you with the tool to do it. The article he linked gave you the name of the site author, and his employment. A quick search will reveal that you can email him your question using the link at the bottom of this page. After all, if anyone will know about Valleyville, it will be the author of the website, right?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That hiccup guy might not be true, but there is a true version of it, a person had hiccups for several years, a problem with the diaphragm I think.

Also, that headless chicken is not true, no animal can live without a brain, the site is playing on the commen joke of a chicken running around headless, but its not true.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well ringing up the local authorities about this town would explain why the author wrote they would think you were mad. I too think this is a joke, many local residents wouldn't be bribed by the Government to keep the story secret from 'outsiders' but look all you like?

Although fiction the idea behind the story is quite interesting.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'd be willing to bet that this story's origin can be traced to a time just after the release of the movie "The Village".

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazard
Also, that headless chicken is not true, no animal can live without a brain, the site is playing on the commen joke of a chicken running around headless, but its not true.

The site in questioning here, does not have the headless chicken on it.

Don't be so quick to judge, it's hard to believe but it's true. You may be right about animals not living without a brain but.... this headless chicken had its lower brain stem still intact to it's spinal cord, so it did have part of a brain. The farmer felt guilty after watching it suffer and kept it alive by feeding it through an eyedropper... then whoa-la, circus act = money

I remembering watching the headless chicken on tv. You can read more about it at wikipedia. en.wikipedia.org...

lol mojo4sale, nice signature

[edit on 4-9-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Don't apologize, I just spent a half hour reading some articles that really made me laugh.

Good luck hunting down Valleyville. Maybe it does exist. If it does I would bet it was some sort of federal witness protection facility or similar.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So has anyone found it in google earth? what are the coordinates?

Where is the CIA place referred to as "the farm" located? its in Virginia right?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Even ignoring all the other BS on that page, I can't get any roads or towns on Google Eath to fit the shape that the map makes... in addition, there's 100 little towns all through there... and it's right on the 'Dragon' if you're familar with Deal's Ga and the Tail of the Dragon and such...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join