It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA should have known planes would be used

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Tuccy,

The reason I said that was because even I knew that there was a possibility of this happening pre 9/11. So, if I (a lonely civil engineer) can think of this scenario, then it's very plausible that they had thought about that scenario.....because that is their job to think of these scenarios. Are you trying to tell me that the producers of "The Lone Gunmen" could think of this but our officials couldn't? Again....Bullocks.

Moviemakers and writers tend to think out many more catastrophes (even more probable)
As well as many "outsiders" (ie not inside the system) - inside the system the thinking may be limited by knowledge of SOP, so for example it was thought the "American airports are secured enough so any hijackers were thought to be coming from abroad - thus subjects to interception over the ocean in ADIZ. So it's highly improbable they'll reach US coast to make any harm."
Proven wrong by history as many of such feelings of safety due to "known facts" beforehead.
May I mention D-Day coming in the day when German metheorologists have denied any possibility of invasion due to the weather?
They were doing their best, but still they didn't know some facts that would change their thinking.
As I've said, such things were happening, are happening and, unfortunately, will be happening as human beings won't ever learn

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I still see your point Tuccy but can you answer this little riddle? If they didn't think of these scenarios, how where they able to conduct drills involving the exact same scenario that they couldn't think of? It doesn't make sense. They can't have it both ways. Either they did think of these scenarios and conducted the drills. Or they didn't think of these scenarios and there were no drills. We know the drills were real, so by power of deduction, the only way they could have set up the drills was by first thinking of the scenarios. Understand?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
To correct the misinformation in these psots...

1. A stinger missile will EASILY take down a jumbo jet... it has an EXPLOSIVE WARHEAD... it does not just "knock an engine off" unless the warhead is UNARMED. IF it is armed it will explode, shredding the wing (FUEL TANK) and the plane will probably explode into a fireball and go down. End of story.

2. IF you have enough distance it will lock in from the front. The engine is hot from either side from a thermal imaging/tracking standpoint.

3. The plane was supposedly 10 ft. off the ground on final "approach" to the pentagon, knocking off an engine and detonating the wing (at least would have sent it into the lawn (most likely outcome).

The attached link has photos of a DHL Airbus A300 that took an SA-14 hit in the wing. The plane was able to make an emergency landing, where it ran off the runway. You are not going to stop a Boeing 757 with Stingers, unless you shoot a number of them and you hit the aircraft at a considerable distance from it's target.

If you would have hit it with the Stinger you may also have cartwheeled it into the side of the Pentagon. In my opinion this would have caused more casualties and possibly more damage.

link

Funny thing just crossed my mind. What would have happened if they had shot this plane down? I was looking at some of the other 9-11 threads where people were going ballistic because they think that Cheney ordered Flight 93 shot down.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Funny thing just crossed my mind. What would have happened if they had shot this plane down? I was looking at some of the other 9-11 threads where people were going ballistic because they think that Cheney ordered Flight 93 shot down.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I think they would have covered it up just like Flight 93. I don't think people are going ballistic because they think he ordered it shot down. I think they are going ballistic because it was covered up. If they are willing to cover up shooting a plane down, what else are they willing to cover up?

BTW, I'm under the impression that terrorists did execute 9/11... not the government. The government just benefitted and possibly allowed it to happen. Remember Rodriguez's testimony that he saw a terrorist in the building not long before 9/11 asking him how many bathrooms were on a certain floor or something like that. The best way to not get caught at something is to have someone else do the job for you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join