It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of wierd things do you eat?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have a couple of wierd things that I fix periotically one is soo delicious, but I don't fix it often.... my husband thinks it's gross... but my kids love it.
Tell us what kinds of strange things you crave and eat.

#1 Fried buttered totilla with beef bologna, and melted cheese folded in half, and crisp on both sides...and I top that off with sour cream & BBQ sauce mixed together. OH my gosh....that's sooo good!

#2 I love BBQ sauce in beef stew! Also... I have to have ketchup & Franks hot sauce on my fried eggs.

Also, mashed potatoes with corn & BBQ sauce is yummy.

[edit on 8/31/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I once put potato wedges on a pizza then covered with melted cheese, it was different lets put it like that

I don't tend to make strange things to eat, potato wedges on a pizza is pretty much the radical side of any cooking I've ever done.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Chocolate & Cheese,
I cut a piece of mild-cheddar cheese and put chocolte syrup on it.
It's good, but to bad fo me to eat more than once or twice a month.
(I'm a health nut when it comes to food.)

That's really about it for odd food mixtures for me.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
lori.... I'll tell my son about the cheese and chocolate syrup... I bet he'd like that. He used to mix fountain soda's....yuck! But he gave up soda a few years ago.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
hmmm, nothing too strange really although frozen chips are lovely, as is frozen bread, my nan eats frozen yorkshire puddings, well she did anyway, she hasnt mentiones it since

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Also, mashed potatoes with corn & BBQ sauce is yummy.

OMG!! I thought I was the only one!

One late evening, I had the great idea of popcorn and ketchup. Hrm.. not so tasty the next day when I tried it again.

Everytime I have a salad at home, I put a 2:1 mix of lettuce to basil leaves. I think it's excellent and smells yummy. Also I eat raw garlic.

Then I wonder why I'm single... :shk:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My dad eats peanut butter and jelly hamburgers, my brother eats dry macaroni out of the box, as for me, well.... the strangest thing for me is probably drinking dill pickle juice.

Later,.... Ausable Bill

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Nite... I haven't ate raw galic for years, but when I used too. I also ate ritz crackers with the raw garlic....OH MAN!!! That is soo yummy.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Since I can't see my edit button, I have to make a new post for this,
stupid computer glitches...

I don't know if it's strange or not, but apart from the chocolate and cheese,
I'll have a snack consisting of a slice of cheese and a glass of milk.

Also, I've been known to eat half a raw onion on the side with a meal.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausable_Bill
drinking dill pickle juice.

Later,.... Ausable Bill

I used to do that when I was a kid....It's good huh? When I make tuna fish for sandwhiches, I put a ton of yellow mustard in it.... that is so good.... and yes lots of dill pickles. But it's also good with sweet pickles!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Jen, you made me think of something. Worcestshire sauce.. add a little bit to the tuna salad. I only know of three families that do that, but I'm in one of them. Yummy!

Of course, when you think of some of the cajun food I eat, weird for some is normal for me. LOL Such as this. You don't really even clean the fish, just chop it up and throw it in. Only good with fresh caught, imo. Don't buy it in the store, or that crap Talapia junk *spit*.

soooo good

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wanna try something good Jen?

Buy a chunk of smoked salmon or trout and make it up like tuna fish with diced

onions and dill pickles and shredded cheddar cheese but use miracle whip instead

of mayo with a spoon of brown mustard,.... Dats da bomb!

Or try a grilled cheese with an over easy fried egg in the middle,..... Yum!

Later,.... Ausable_Bill

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I like flat fillets of anchovies right out of the can, the rolled ones with capers I don't like.
Ground bologna with ground up dill pickles, add some miracle whip and it's a sandwich that can't be beat! Smoked oysters are an extra special treat, I like the little ones best.
I've had chocolate covered fried grasshoppers, but you can't tell there is a bug in there it just seems a little crunchy.

Cug

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Cheese and Jelly sandwiches.

A sandwich spread like chicken/tuna/ham salad but made from ground up hotdogs. (Hotdogs/mayo/dab of mustard/relish/chopped onions)

Or take the above cover some hamburger bun halfs, put a slice of cheese on top and stick it under a broiler until the cheese is nice and brown/bubbly.

Oh and I love Spam!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I like flat fillets of anchovies right out of the can, the rolled ones with capers I don't like.

My God!! My soul mate!!! I love anchovies right out of the can...My all time favorite is chicken soup with lots of potatoe chips on top and a squirt of lime or lemon

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I also like spam fried in butter on toast with ketchup and velveeta cheese. mmmmm

DG, you're the first person I know that likes anchovies plain besides me.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There's a few of us- I also like anchovie Pizza.

If i cant get it, i will add some to plain pizza!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Anchovies, the one food I could never get into. I do throw them at people in chat, though.

*Edit -Well, my mother called, and I brought up anchovies. She said I've been eating them all my life in her manicotti with spinach that she makes. I stand corrected, in some ways, I like them.*

[edit on 8/31/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Anchovies are in Worcestershire Sauce too.... lol

Put second line here.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Cheese twisties and tomato sauce sandwich.mmmmm.

Has to be cheese twisties though and Rosella tomato sauce. Oohh and a cold beer to wash it down,mmmm, okay back in a minute.

<<   2  3 >>

join