It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason I Believe 2012 Might Actually Be True . . .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
2012 works because, its a date far enough in the future that you have to wait a while (not like that time somebody said may or june 2006 a big meteor or terror attack was going to happen).

Despite being a good ways in the future, it still is not too far. 6 years is something that quite a few people could wait for without dieing.

Though with calanders and years one should remember that many calanders exist, the western caleder is based around the birth of christ. Yet the islamic calender has 0 being the year muhamed and firends flead mecca, and migrated to midena. Judisum has its own calander.

A simmiliaritys in numbers of years and time is arbitary based on whatever calander you are using. The year if using sience the creation of man could be 6000, or 1,000,000 something years. Time is a illusion.

People were thinking that the world would end at 2000 (and 1000) based soly that it was that many thousand years sience the birth of christ. "hey its a big even number can you end the world, seems make sense to me, uhh, ahhh".

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think it is peaceful befopre the end so yes I predict peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperChaser

Tha only date that has any significance to me is tha Dec 2012 prediction, but that's only becuz I found sumthin' similar in tha New Testament.

Matthew Chapter 24:20-21
20) But pray ye (you) not that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath Day:
21) For then shall be great tribluation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nore shall ever be.

, this clearly states that Tribulations will begin on a Saturday in Winter, which kind of correlates tha Dec 2012 thing, becuz December 22nd just happens to fall on a Saturday in Winter and on that date in 2012 is when tha Mayans say tha world will end. So, what are you're thoughts on this, now that scriptures may back this up?

betcha that many generations of religious folks took the words in Mat. 24:20-21
in a different meaning than you do.

1st: 'Praying' your flight will not be in the winter
praying/imploring for a successful flight must mean that the predicted time of trouble is not set on any particular date- -it is predicated on events of the times not on a date.

2nd: ...not be in the winter
generally has more to do with not being able at that era to easily flee with all the food and provisions regularly used for one's survival thru the winter.
Besides all people in asia, middle east, europe including Rome & Greece would be ill equiped to excape any tribulations that happen in the winter season, so this plea seems to apply to a broad range of peoples, beliefs, cultures...incl Jews, Arabs, Romans, Christians, Persians etc etc

3rd: there are 13 weeks, and therefore 13 Sabbaths, in the winter
but there are 13 weeks, Sabbaths also in Spring, Summer, Fall too.

for a total of 52 weeks & 'Sabbath' days in each calendar year
which seems to be the point of the Matthew 24: 20....
which is specifically telling the Jews (instead of everyone in general)
to 'pray' in the hope that the tribulation wouldn't start on a Sabbath
(any of the 52 per year) when they were not supposed to even Travel
(let alone work, as in packing up all their food & possessions to flee),
according to the religious practice of the day- - -
when Jesus was preaching the words later recorded in Matthew 24:20-21

I just don't see the emphasis, which you see that combines both Winter
and a Sabbath into a particular singular unit/date
It's not been but a decade or so since the Mayan calander & the 2012
date became popularized and that this seeming connection could be theorized.
hardly the way a sacred scripture offering security & sanctury to believers
souls would operate.....? the past 2000 years had unclear & unrevealed scripture?

hey, i'm still pondering over it....

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
The date December 21st, 2012 marks the date when our Galactic Sun aligns with the Central Sun of this Universe....We will be entering the "light" side of that Central Sun; for the last 26,000 years we have been on the "dark" side.

Happy Ascension everyone! See you in the higher realms.

Is is not the central sun of the milky way itself? The central sun being a black hole as some believe. Being in the disk means that the energy level in this solar system will greatly increase and be of wider spectrum too.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The real end date for the Mayan calendar is October 28th 2011, the end of the galactic conciosness cycle. By the way the "end of the world" as we read it in the bible is a mistranslation it should be end of an age, the age of pisces.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by squiz]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperChaser
Matthew Chapter 24:20-21
20) But pray ye (you) not that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath Day:
21) For then shall be great tribluation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nore shall ever be.

I had been readin' Matthew for several days before I got to that chapter, and it hit me like and ton of bricks. Also, if u kno anything about tha Bible, then u kno that in that Chapter is when Jesus is describin' tha End of Times' signs to his disciples. It might not hold any significance, but I thought I'd show u guys this, becuz although no date has ever been truly found, this clearly states that Tribulations will begin on a Saturday in Winter, which kind of correlates tha Dec 2012 thing, becuz December 22nd just happens to fall on a Saturday in Winter and on that date in 2012 is when tha Mayans say tha world will end. So, what are you're thoughts on this, now that scriptures may back this up?

This passage from Matthew doesn't "back up" the 2012 date at all, nor does it indicate anything even remotely resembling a Biblical prediction of when the "...tribulations will begin..."

You are to pray that, if the tribulations begin during your lifetime, that they do not begin in winter because it's harsh traveling then (the "flight" would be from the oppressive tribulation.)

You are also to pray that it doesn't begin on the Sabbath. Why? Because on the Sabbath, to flee would be to violate sacred laws against such arduous activity on the Sabbath day, during which we are commanded by God to rest and perform no work at all, with a few reasonable exceptions like walking to Temple, etc.

Originally posted by AscendedMasterThe date December 21st, 2012 marks the date when our Galactic Sun aligns with the Central Sun of this Universe....We will be entering the "light" side of that Central Sun; for the last 26,000 years we have been on the "dark" side.

The event alluded to here by Ascended Master is the rising of our sun through the apparent galactic center as seen from Earth. However, A.M. left out an important fact. Once every year our Sun already "rises in alignment" with the galactic center. So why is this particular time so special? Because it will happen on December 21, which also coincides with the Winter Solstice, a day that figures into several of the cycles within cycles that make up the Mayan "long year" calendar.

Harte

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well if god says hes the only one that knows..and if you are in facat religious..then dont think you know. Even THOUGH i had a friend who last year told me that the world was gonna end in 2012..and it freaked me out..how would he have guessed all of the without a computer or TV. this kid had no access to that stuff.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
And werent the Mayans in the Southern hemisphere??? Marco Polo

Originally posted by runetang
yes but the mayans only predicted 2012 as the last day of the fifth segment of their long count calender, one of their calenders.

the sumerians are the ones that wrote of a planet that comes into our solar system ever so often.

somehow, people combine these together for some reason and get that date. i dont know why, honestly.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by runetang]

Mayans were not in the S Hemisphere, they were well North of the equator. But they did name 21 12 2012 as the first day of the new sun, whatever that entails.
An interesting point about that is that many sites claim that the actual solstice is at 11:11 AM on that day....

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is a video about the Mayan end time of 2012.

It expalins magnetic shifts, possible collision and a planet that enters our orbit every 3600 years...

www.youtube.com...

what do you think???

[edit on 24-4-2007 by deaman88]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The quote out of Matthew 24 you used is usually interpreted in being the attack on Jerusalem in 70 AD.
Matther 24 is built as a chiasm (?) a 'sandwich'. This is used in the bible very often, you've got the end of the world in the beginning and the end of the chapter and inbetween (round verses 15 and 16) you have a different story, where Jesus warns his listeners, that when they see the tribulations in Judea, to run to the mountains. (When the Romans attacked Jerusalem, I think it was around 70 AD, then the troups were called back for a very short time and many ran for their lives and were saved. After that the troups came back and knocked 7 shades of brickdust out of Jerusalem... )

Having said that, I've been brought up to believe, that we shouldn't be in cities at the 'time of the end'. Even though I don't believe a lot of what I grew up to believe, we are certainly heading for a very hard time.
Whether it is WWIII, 2012, Polarshift, NWO, Alien attack/return of the gods, Jesus' second coming, all or only some of those things.
In the bible it says God never does anything major without disclosing it beforehand through his prophets. The amount of prophecies that are showing up everywhere...

reg,
Sammy

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The Mayans didn't say the world would end.....neccessarily. Tell me where it says that.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
For the past several years, I have received over 1,200 hits from this forum to my website.

I came to see a few of the points of reference, and the discussion that had followed. One fellow apparently decided that what I had researched, was correct, until pope Benedict appeared on the scene, and then determined that because it did not seem to fit the research, that the whole study was flawed.

It's too bad though, that he did not attempt to contact me for any clarification of the details, because I would have made them more clear to him.

The subject of the study revolves around the number 666. As I dug deeper into it, I came upon another source for the year 2012 as a possible end of the world.

However, it is based on the deceptions of Satan that have already infiltrated the world.

While it begins with the Biblical interpretation of the number 666, which remains very solid, the end of it is based on the teaching that takes the "70th" week from the Messianic prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27.

The deception is that it places the seventieth week apart from the rest and puts it at the last seven years of this earth. However, it is not a prophecy about the Antichrist, but about the Messiah, and was already fulfilled between 27 A.D and 34 A.D. But the deceptions are already out there.

Now the research of the number stems from the interpretation that the papacy is the beast of Revelation 13 and 17, and the seven heads are the popes that have reigned since the beast was killed in 1798 by Napoleon's forces. The beast "was" had become "is not" and the seven heads began.

First, there was the head that was wounded: Pius VI in 1798, (and later healed in 1929 under Pius XI.) Then Leo followed Pius, and then Gregory, then Benedict, then John, then Paul and the seventh head would be John Paul. Rev 17:10 states that the seventh had "not yet come" when Paul the sixth head was present. And then he continues a "short space". This is marked by John Paul's 26½ years in office. As compared to the other six, he is certainly the "short space".

Then the prophecy gives more parts to the formula; The seven heads are seven mountains. These are all of the popes that bore these seven names. There were 12 popes named Pius, and 13 named Leo, and 16 named Gregory, and 14 named Benedict, and 21 named John, and 6 named Paul and 2 named John Paul. When adding up all the numbers of all these popes bearing these seven names, the total comes to 665 with John Paul II.

Now in tracing the papal record, it was discovered that there was no pope John XX, and John XVI and Benedict X were deposed. So the amount of popes of these two names are less than what they appear, the last time that these names were used.

This also gave rise to the possibility that the next pope after John Paul II, could also face the same fate of being deposed, just as John XVI and Benedict X were. Hence, when the name Benedict appeared, it was immediately determined that his fate was set to become an antipope.

He is of the first five names that the prophecy stated as having already fallen. Then 2 Thess 2:7 enters in stating that he is the one who "letteth" or "continues" until he is "taken out of the way." This aligns accurately with this expectation.

It also puts Benedict XVI in line for this deception: He will be called the antichrist, but he is not. Another will come in his own name, a new name that counts as "one" that will complete the count, and he will be the Antichrist. But this Antichrist will need another puppet antichrist in which to pin this label on, and that will be Benedict XVI.

Now in applying the deception of the last 7 years to the reign of this false antichrist, places the end of his term, 7 years following April 2005, which is in April of 2012. And probably mid term in Oct 23, 2008 something will happen that will mark a reign of terror coming from Benedict XVI. The real Antichrist comes shortly after. See the whole study at www.666beast.net...

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Aldolas
The previous post of mine is also baased on the chiastic structure of Revelation. The verse which gives us the number 666 is chiastically linked to Rev 17:9 & 10, where the seven heads/mountains are found, and it is among these very seven heads (plus "1" ) that the number 666 is also found again.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In the Name of God, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

The HOUR as we know it is really known only to GOD to whom belongs all Praise and Glory.

But to a messenger that He chooses, He makes known things that's going to happen in the future. For your Lord God is The Most Merciful, and He loves all of us His Creations and He will not send His Calamity until ALL of His Chosen Ones from all of the Children of Adam has been warned.

The Lord Your God is calling upon all the CHILDREN OF ISRAEL to return to the Path. Establish Worship to your Lord God who created you, and let not your wealth and children distract you in the remembrance of Your Lord. Your God is only ONE GOD. He has no partner in His Sovereignty. He Has no SONS. and he is NOT BEGOTTEN. Mary is a saint, the mother of Jesus His servant, and a messiah sent to YOU, oh Children of Israel. But you rejected him during his time and after his death you made him as an equal to God. Glorified be Your Lord God, far above having any partner. All the prophets and messengers whom He has sent, are his trusted servants all sent with ONLY ONE MESSAGE. From Abraham to the last Prophet Muhammad. WORSHIP ONLY ONE GOD, THERE IS NO OTHER GOD BESIDES HIM, LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART,WITH ALL YOUR MIND AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS LIKE JESUS AND ALL THE PROPHETS HAS LOVED MANKIND. GIVE CHARITY TO THE POOR BEFORE THE TIME COMES WHEN THERE IS NO TRAFFICKING AND GOOD WORKS WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HOUR ( DAY OF JUDGMENT )

Your Lord God said that the HOUR is a fixed time, and a nation once its time has come cannot delay it one hour or extend it one hour. It is a predetermined time of Your Lord from the start of Creation. Of this HOUR, he has given various signs to all His messengers and prophets and at this time; all to whom God has given knowledge is sure that we are living already in this HOUR.

The comet HOLMES 17 P is a sign in the Heavens from God, it signals the arrival of the LAST OF HIS MERCIES. And it is because of this that the collective consciousness of spiritual people are waking up.

Earthquakes, Tsunamis,Floods, Fire, Famine, Pestilences, Nuclear bombings, Deaths of millions of people are in the HORIZON. Those who expect to live at least five years from now will CERTAINLY see it. God is preparing YOU... it is not an idle threat but a threat performed.

Good tidings to the believers! Whose faith in the Lord is sure, who associates no partners with Him, and blaspheme Him not, who dedicates his religion only to God, establish worship and give to the poor. For His reward is with Him, PARADISE and forgiveness of sins. TO WHOSOEVER BELIEVES AND DO GOOD WORKS UNTIL THE END...I BRING YOU GLAD TIDINGS FROM YOUR LORD. AND A PRAYER ASKING FOR HIS FORGIVENESS: THERE IS NO GOD BUT THOU, GLORY BE TO YOU; MY LORD I HAVE DONE WRONG, I HAVE WRONGED MY OWN SOUL, AND YOU ARE THE MOST MERCIFUL OF THOSE THAT SHOW MERCY, AMEN.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION ALL YOU CHILDREN OF ADAM... WHEN THE EARTH IS QUAKED ONE LAST TIME, IN A NIGHT THAT IS SO COLD, NO REPENTANCE WILL BE ACCEPTED... ALL THE DISBELIEVERS WILL BE HERDED TO HELL, WHOSE FUEL IS OF MEN AND STONES WHEREIN THEY WILL ABIDE FOREVER.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EARS, LET THEM HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT SAY TO ALL THE CHURCHES ( CHILDREN OF ADAM )

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
To be honest with you, I don't think that anything in the bible will back up 2012, Dec. 21, 2012 is just the day the mayan long count ends its 26,000 year earth cycle. The whole 2012 theory is much more than Dec. 21 The mayans didnt predict that the world would end on that day, they just predicted that it would end around that time, due to movements of the earth and sun along our galazy. The mayan long count is just like a speedometer going from 9 to 0. The calendar does renew itself, the reason why the mayans didnt account for that renewal is because they saw patterns of changes within the galaxy and realized that the earth will not be around much longer. People we are in for 11 years of violent solar activity. The peak of the solar flare cycle happens around the middle of the 11 year term (when the previous cylce fades away). Our earth will also be passing through the center of our galazy at that time. Why does the center of the galaxy matter? Because that is where the very middle of the galaxies gravitational pull is. Some say that the ice age was a result of the last time we passed through it. Not only will the sun be more hostile, so will life on this earth with heavily increased storms, weather, and temperautre. What the bible does not have is science. If it did, we wouldnt be debating on whether 2012 is real or not. All in all, don't be on the look out for Dec. 21 2012. Be on the look out for the next 5 years on this planet. Do the math on all of the theories you've heard about 2012, and see if the numbers don't add up.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I have studied the KJV holy bible the gnostic gospels etc. Through gods grace I have came to understand these teachings. The signs of times are fact the exact time that we will be relinquished from bondage is unknown except to the father at this time. I urge everyone to study any bible, scribe etc, like dead sea scribes, nag hammadi etc.

These are not my own thoughts but inspired by the almighty creator. I will not speak on nothing that I know not.

1st we really need to be doing a self evaluation on ourselves and our own homes before we judge anyone. If you cannot look at a person from another race, religion, etc. without seing a brother then we need to go back and study some more. When you actually question something is when you find truth. Some people call us conspiracy theorist but guess what we are using the best gift god gave us and that is the option to actually discover truth for ourselves.

Now let me say this also I do not belong to no church except to the almighty creator whom I call god I have been taught by no one except guided by the holy spirit which is a gift from my father I must give credit to where it is due.

I urge everyone study your specific religious books with open eyes do not let the pulpit tell you what is in there but search for anwsers for yourselves. Until we make the two into one we are still lost.

The church teaches us what flesh interpretation is. It tells us not to cast stumbling blocks but is not some of the modern churches casting those very stumbling blocks? You see we all know there is one true (almighty creator the one that is of all) we call him god. Now heres the twist why do we fight among ourselves in religions about who has the right god if we have to do this then we need to study more because we have not known god fully. You see in exodus he says by the name jehovah I was not known to them. Now what does that mean...... You see we call the creator god, his son we call jesus. It is important to understand that these are the names we know him by in english. Others know him by allah etc does it mean they pray to a different god???? NO we true brethern know we are talking to the same father we just call him different names due to separation by tounges ex. the seven churches in revelation refer to the modern day 7 main languages. We have to understand gensis and the old testament before we understand parts of the new. And remember the Holy bible is the interpretation/ story handed down by the conqueror so it will contain some falseties but if we know god then we can discern truth from these teachings. Everybody thinks the quran when it speaks of slay the infidel means kill anyone that dont share those views when in actuality the infidel is representive of the flesh just like the serpent is representive of the flesh. It means slay the flesh and find the spirit allow our spirit to be in the likeness of god and let that be our guide and not the world. Remember god is the creator of all that means the entire solar system not just milky way and earth but everything. We live our life by time when god has no time. False prophets can be representive of clocks also among many other false things. You see we have both eastern and western zodiacs and the western leaves out which one? we must take into account everything and determine what is false and what is not. God tells us not to go back in the way which we came he will lead us back to the holy city.

In gensis i think chapter 3 after adam has done his sin it tells of the shining sword in the east guarded by two cheribum in the mist of the garden to hold the path of the tree of life. We know the garden of eden has 4 cheribum guarding it. Now the shining sword in east is the sun cheribums represent axis. Garden of eden is earth the sun holds our orbit.

God bless

I will anwser any questions and try to point you in what I think is right direction. I will not cast a stumbleing block.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I believe the 22/12/2012 it to be the midpoint of the 7year tribulation. On this date the firstfruits are transformed and the many multitude are given an allocated time to turn from there sins, and provide appropriate sacrifce for santification. The saints coming in clouds isn't until 2016, the date and time we are told cannot be known.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The universe is bigger than god and so are the Beatles.
12.21.2012 the sun will align with the milkyway galaxy and volia we enter a new realms of consciousness possibly wiping the human virus away from destroying any more of the wonderful life on this planet.

So if you don't fear god you better start now
It is no wonder Americans would elect such an idiot to drive their country into despair as they all seem to be sheepishly following a religion that is leading them blindly to the same place their opposites are going back to everything else
God and the devil are the real fairytale so you better put you teeth under your pillow and wait for the second coming because they are coming for you! Be afraid, very afraid.

For you have sinned by polluting gods green earth and she is pissed!
That spider you killed last year that was god's brother and your doomed!
Drive you car more and send more pollution to the heavens so god can remember to return and extinguish your selfish flame.
Have more innocent animals executed so you can feast on the flesh of gods family. He is pissed and coming for you as you have sinned how many helpless animals have you had on your dinner plate? Did you kill it? Or was it already dead when you ate it?
Good luck and see you on the other side of life!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperChaser

It is only winter in the North Hemesphere. So aslong as I live in the south end of the world I'll be OK for 6 months then Doh! he end is nigh my arse. Its either your old and know your going to end soon anyway so want everyone to come with you or life is tougher than Mom and Dad said it was so you want Big J to get you out of debt and into a land of milk and honey. Bad news folks this is reality of life no rehearsl and now soft landing on 2012. suck it up and focus on life in 2030 an beyond.

Ooops I'm going to hell . Not.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hi, I believe that bible is saying the truth about December 21,2012
1. Mathew 24:20-30 mentioned about winter and sabbath

December 21,2012 = Friday, winter solstice =Eastern Time
December 22,2012 =Saturday, Sabbath =Eastern Time
(December 22,2012 is Dec 21,2012 western time)

-There will be happening a great distress in between this dates followed by an solar eclipse and lunar eclipse or probably the reason that they will not give light is because the change of poles that can occurs those days.

2. Next is that in Revelation 6:1-11 it covers what will happen during that distress. Right after that Revelation 6:12 matches what jesus says in Mathew 28:29.

3. Their are many oracles and even Nostradamus himself predicted something about Dec 21,2012 although I believe it's not the end. It might be the start of something disaterous.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join