It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of this idea..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have an idea for a video game that is un-scripted. All you basically do is build up a military force. It's set in the present day. Modern day weapons. Current cities and countries. Current borders. You can pick from any country and based on imports and exports, and also taxing your population, you build up an economy to support your military. You can set up radar and missile systems in any area of your country that you want. You can invade, occupy, and even completely take over a country or area of a country. Attacks on your country or soldiers are a result of your actions, so every game is different, like I said, un-scripted. Online mode is the same except the first person to choose a certain country is the leader of that country and he/she recruits soldiers and it's basically just a constant world battle. I can go into more detail but I don't want to. If you people know somebody or are somebody in the video game development industry..feel free to take my idea. I don't care for compensation in any way. I just want to see it made. If you're interested, send me a private message asking for more details.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I don't care for compensation in any way.

If this game went on to be one of the best selling games ever i am sure you would care alot.

any way to my point..

This concept is already found on loads of the strategy games on the inernet if you look around a bit youll find some.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo

I don't care for compensation in any way.

If this game went on to be one of the best selling games ever i am sure you would care alot.

any way to my point..

This concept is already found on loads of the strategy games on the inernet if you look around a bit youll find some.

yeah of course i would but i realize that my best chance of getting the game made is to not ask for compensation so thats why i dont want any..cause i want the game made so bad

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
ok thats cool just injecting some conversation
so did you try looking around the internet?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
ok thats cool just injecting some conversation
so did you try looking around the internet?

not yet but ill try that..thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a more in depth RISK game. There are plenty of games which are trying to do what you want. One of these games is Chromehounds, for the x360. Online there's a persistent war between 3 countries, there are elections, and the president/leader of each country affects things like where the troops are told to go, Research level, how much money you get from a misson , and economy things. It has a price index for each country as well. But yea, it could be a fun game but only if it was made to be balanced. Would be cool to have it online with other people and be able to have treaty's and forge trade agreements and crap like that.. but you'd have to make the war action something like a Real Time strategy ( command and conquer , warcraft), to keep gamers interested. If it didnt have that it would just be a glorified RISK game.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Sounds like a clone of Sovereign which was never released by 989 Studios...

it was going to pwn, wonder why they abandonded it.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I just read a humourous article on something like this. Basically some guy talking about what he would want in this type of game. It's basically a satire of current and past events but I found it quite funny!

www.pointlesswasteoftime.com...

(contains strong language and possibly offensive subjects)

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You guys might like Shadow President, available to download free:
www.the-underdogs.info...

It can be quite fun, a remake would be awesome!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Seems a bit basic, yet complicated if that makes sense. Looks cool though, I'll bookmark it and maybe give it a go when i've got too much time on my hands.

new topics

top topics

join