It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-Induced Trances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've heard quite a bit about these trances, or slef-induced hypnotic states, and though I think I have some idea of what it is, I am not really sure. Is it anything like mediation, what are the benefits, and how can I hypnotize myself? Help would be dandy.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can get free hynposis mp3z from a link in there.

Hypnosis is working good

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Or you can learn the Silva method...

Do a google search on it...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
hmm well, the ancients used to smoke a lot of weed, which could account for the self induced 'Visions' which btw is still the practice by various groups today. Who's to say the Apostles never smoked pot, everybody else did for example the Indians/Incas/Bushmen. Ok now my mind is wandering gotta find another area to post in here
One more piece of advice though would be to (seriously speaking) meditate deeply which isn't always easy if your mind is thinking of a million ideas at once as mine does quite a bit rendering it difficult for me to meditate as deeply as i'd like. Let me know how it goes!

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
First let me explain that it's quite natural and we all do it everyday all the time. For example. If there is anyone in the room with you, or next time you are with a friend...ask them what they had for dinner last night. You'll notice that their eyes flicker just a bit, or they look in a different direction for a moment "while they think", even if briefly. That is a form of the 'trance' or 'hypnotic state' you're reffering to in it's "baby form" if you will. The few people who know about my communication habits are aware of them because they notice the flickering in my eyes when I get quiet (which doesn't happen often or without reason LOL!)
Anyway, on to "how to".
Do you already know how to take yourself into a deep relaxed state? Maybe know lamaz(sp) or something of the sort? Many are taught by tighening and relaxing each muscle all the way down the body using breathing and visualization in conjunction.
Once in a relaxed state you "hyptotizing yourself" is nothing more than consiously planting seeds into the subconsious(sp).

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I've heard quite a bit about these trances, or slef-induced hypnotic states, and though I think I have some idea of what it is, I am not really sure. Is it anything like mediation, what are the benefits, and how can I hypnotize myself? Help would be dandy.

top topics

join