It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fuel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i found this picture on google images today

personal.auna.com...

what are the 2 objects on the innermost wing pylons. i assume that they are fuel tanks but as there are 3 other external fuel tanks and these are a compleatly different design im confused. if they are fuel tanks why do they have 2 different designs of external fuel tank on 1 plane and what type of mission would a plane with 5 external fuel tanks be suitable for except aiborne refueling?

justin

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Either they are MBDA APACHE or SCALP EG ("Storm Shadow" is the RAF designation) cruise missiles. Since the SCALP EG adapted the APACHE hull and changed mostly the innards, the two different cruise missiles look very similar.

In your Rafale pic the wings are retracted as usual, but you can see the typical short elevators and the stubby twin tail fins.

SCALP EG / Storm Shadow:

[edit on 31/8/2006 by Lonestar24]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Great picture ! In 1982 while at Eglin Air Force Base , tdy from Nellis AFB . I witnessed not 1 ,but 4 - F-4E's taxi by with (live ) cruise missile's on there center line station (was a crazy site for shure) .Not more than 30 feet from the F-16A's
that we brought (we were there to fire live Aim-9L's at super B drones over the gulf,no live warheads in our missles just rocket engines) But being a Weapons Crew Chief for 8 years I new they (Cruise Missles) were the real deal ! Never forget seeing that. So that tec's be around for awhile now .They stopped the whole
flightline when they came by.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nice find with pic, I've never seen that and good explanation if it's true...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
tornado gr-4 carries that weapons.niceusually dont see much of these pics.

new topics

top topics

join