It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitehouse on top of an Underground Base?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't know for sure, but I would assume the white house has some sort of underground, not really base but facility or Tunnel accessing other secure places around Washington DC, Virginia, Etc? Maybe a bomb shelter, I've very interested in this, Since President Bush is in Town today.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Kind of a secret underground base, just not so much secret or base!

Apparently just a control room or something.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Its Dick Cheneys room.

And it also stores the stockpile of full grown adult human clones for him.

He's already died four times in 6 years. They have to keep the clones handy.

oops.

You know too much now.

Alpha team, move in! go go go!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There is also a series of underground subway tunnels connecting various government offices. So top officials can conduct business at different offices without wasting time in traffic.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i heard somewhere that lincoln built escape tunnels incase the confederates invaded D.C from maryland or virginia.
-GTB

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
No need for an underground facility at the White House for all the pols get shipped to Mt. Weather in case of some issue...and Mt.Weather is about 50-75miles away......which is about 10 min as Air Force One flies.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I would think that they would have tunnels and sub tunnels on top of that incase of a nuclear war, so they can move about.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The Capitol Subway is for members of the government to move between buildings in the Capitol.
They have three lines that are known to the public, and can be seen on this page.
www.clouse.org...

The lines have been in operation since 1909 in some form or another.
The cars look kind of cool.

It wouldn't surprise me if they had additional lines that the public does not know about that could be used to evacuate key members, plus a few deap bunkers that are hardened against a nuclear attack.

Just in case they don't have time to duck and cover.

EDIT: picture url..........

[edit on 31/8/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I often pull up google earth and look at all nearby buildings for the whitehouse and the vatican.

It makes sense to have an emergency bunker, or a rail or something ledaing to an obscure building at a distance away, prep'd with highspeed cars, helicopters or what ever.

ITs interesting when ur standing near the whitehouse... u try to imagine just what is below you that very second.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There is a command center/communications center in the "basement"/underneath the White House. Alot of people from the White House Communications Agency (WHCA) work there.

www.disa.mil...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On top of the white house, there are supposedly mini sam missle turrets, that G.E does not display for security measures. I bet most of the political buildings have these systems that we "not allowed to see".

When I walk by the U.S embassy here in Toronto, I wonder how many poles around the perimeter have listening devices and other such spying technologies located around it. Its not even a big embassy but i wonder how deep it may be compared to there embassy in Ottawa that looks like a submarine, and is 5 times the size.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by puhatek
On top of the white house, there are supposedly mini sam missle turrets, that G.E does not display for security measures. I bet most of the political buildings have these systems that we "not allowed to see".

When I walk by the U.S embassy here in Toronto, I wonder how many poles around the perimeter have listening devices and other such spying technologies located around it. Its not even a big embassy but i wonder how deep it may be compared to there embassy in Ottawa that looks like a submarine, and is 5 times the size.

All embassies and consulates have communications facilities of some sort, and yes, usually monitoring facilities as well for the CIA and NSA, normally located in the upper floors near the roof.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It is a long established fact that Washington DC does indeed have subterrainian tunnels that are linked to the White House, and the Potomac River, The Capitol and the Potomac River as well as many other tunnels of former Senators and Congressman on Capitol Hill. I have worked on numerous houses on Capitol Hill where part or all of these tunnel room vaults were partially converted into wine cellars. The masonry work that supports these tunnels is very well made with the ceilings having a slight arc to them, the height and width of these tunnels varies between 6' to 8' high, and up to 5' wide. There are however rooms that open up as vaults that are very large as big as a large living room in ones home. There are numerous but not obvious entrances to these tunnels all over Washington DC.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The majority of underground rooms and area below the white house is for communications as well as a safe room for attacks and tunnels connecting to various buildings. There is a one that connects straight to the Capitol building and If I remember correctly to a escape door at 15th and K st. I use to work on Fiber optic multiplexers and use to have to go to very many strange and secret areas of DC.

Not divulging anything secret here as this has been know about for some time now.

[edit on 11/15/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 11/15/2008 by CaptGizmo]

top topics

join