It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new GOP buzzword: Fascism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The new GOP world Fascism

If you support Bush you are good, if you don’t you most be a fascists.

Or that is what Rumsfeld think.

So now anti-war supporters and critics of the present administration are considered by our beloved Rumfeld as . . .Trying to appease a new type of fascism

Interesting because after reading definitions of fascism, I believe that is Rumfeld and the present administration the ones that fit that definition well.

Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld today accused critics of the Bush administration's Iraq and counterterrorism policies of trying to appease "a new type of fascism."

So people that disagree with Bush failed policies on war on terror are either supporters of terrorism or fascists.

No only that but we also have ’moral or intellectual confusion.

He also ask,

"Can we truly afford to believe somehow, some way, vicious extremists can be appeased?"

www.cnn.com...

Occurs not Mr. Rumfeld the present administration polices is making sure that extremist keep growing, that they are well groomed and with a good reasons to Harm the American people .

This man is a joke.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
These people running the show are scary people. They're war criminals, as defined in the Geneva conventions.

I grew up fearing East Germany and the Soviet Union. It was the Cold War. The Bush cartel reminds me of those people. In every way.

This new propaganda offensive they're on is absurd. Yet another pathetic attempt to re-spin the war. They are seriously biting it. Spinning out of control of events. And spinning....

For the very first time in my life, I hope and pray the Democrats retake congress. But then we run the risk of another "9-11" scenario... to seize back power. If the Dems do retake one or both chambers of congress, BushCo. might be in a world of hurt. I would love to see that. To see the mighty squirm, and in Bush's case babble incoherently before a grand jury.

We, the people, should demand justice. It is our right. The Bush administration has broken many laws and, as of this writing, they have gotten away with every crime. And then some.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The funny thing about the whole name calling is how fast the supporters of the present administration run to use and tag the new administration words of the month.

I already has been called Terrorist supporter just blatantly.

No only that but also my intelligence has come into question.

Tell me if I am offended, actually I find it so hilarious that I can not feel mad to any of the poor souls that falls for the agenda.

Yes the administration is scare because they do not look good for the next congress elections.

Gas prices are going down . . .how convenient . . . but many do not even question as why

Bush is going all over with his new word of the month working out the public to feel very scare, so very scare of the evil muslins that wants to kill Americans.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You crack me up, Marg.

Where do I begin?

Originally posted by marg6043
The funny thing about the whole name calling is how fast the supporters of the present administration run to use and tag the new administration words of the month.

and that word would be Fascist(!) The BushCon word of the month! Get with the program! Use it!

No only that but also my intelligence has come into question.

That's funny. But ridiculous. Anyone who would call your sanity into question should be shot.

Tell me if I am offended, actually I find it so hilarious that I can not feel mad to any of the poor souls that falls for the agenda.

Take heart Marg, apparently only about 37% of the American public supports Bush. That's an effed up minority. But a minority, nonetheless.

My biggest fear is that elections will always be stolen from here on out. The presidential elections of 2000 and 2004 were stolen.

Bush is going all over with his new word of the month working out the public to feel very scare, so very scare of the evil muslins that wants to kill Americans.

Are you scared, yet, fellow ATSers? LOL

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm truly scared. Heck yes, they are using any tactic they can get their hands on to hold on to the mantle of power. I hope that American citizens are smart enough to see through this charade, but you never know. East Coast Kid is right. They've stolen our most recent elections. And now, they are trying to re-appropriate the world "facist" so it can be neutralized. By taking the power out of the word, then the people campaigning against them and their policies have one less thing in their arsenal to make.

And that is certainly a shame. I just hope that the more substantive win out in the end in proving what these people are capable of. Those who support the likes of Mr. Bush, Mr. Rumsfeld and the rest are collaborators. And those who like their ideas want to keep the "imperial regime" in tact by all means necessary. Now that's a truly disturbing thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Not too terribly worried...no.

In just under two years, we are going to have a new president. The current one will do what most do, or should do (!), quietly retire to whereever and write their memoirs.

Elections are wonderful things...the majority rules. We, or they, decide who is going to govern us for the next 4 to 8 years. Plus we get the added joys of complaining about it...

Re-appropriate the entire world as "fascist" so as to nuetralize it? A bit melodramatic don't you think, ceci? Neutralize the whole world...hmmm...yep I'd hafta say a bit melodramatic.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Elections are wonderful things...the majority rules. We, or they, decide who is going to govern us for the next 4 to 8 years. Plus we get the added joys of complaining about it...

You know what, you bring a good point, I feel that the powers that rule this nation will be very sure that new presidents life term will take the entire 8 years.

Why? because 4 years will disrupt their agendas so why bother with new president at the end of 4 years.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
No, I'm not being so melodramatic. Elections can be fixed as well. Just call me a skeptic about the system now. Anything worth having can be bought--including propaganda.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
No, I'm not being so melodramatic. Elections can be fixed as well. Just call me a skeptic about the system now. Anything worth having can be bought--including propaganda.

Isnt that the truth. Businesses spend millions and millions using propoganda to sell thier little trinkets like dawn dishsoap and hefty trash bags. If they spend millions trying to get you to buy worthless crap items like this. What do you guys think they do for real propoganda?

Ronald Dumsfeld is as ridiculous as Pat Robertson...the problem is that he has a very powerful position.. (Robertsonhas power of influence in another sphere).
And when he speaks like this, IMO, it doesnt seem like he is talking only about muslims... he is talking about ANYONE who is against this govts. war in Iraq or WOT in general.. I think he is talking about civil rights groups, Environmental groups, etc...

And on a personal note: Rumsfeld can kiss my a$$

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I already has been called Terrorist supporter just blatantly.

You really think the 'opposition' is any better? I'd still rather be called a 'Terrorist supporter' than a murderer, which several liberal, open minded,anti-war, pro-peace folks called me on this very site because of my service to this country.

As far as I'm concerned, people on both sides of the political fence are useless, and very hyprocritical. Yes, that means left wing and right wing, both are evil. I guess I'm just not seeing how what the admin is saying is any worse than what those that oppose the admin say.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
And then, you get the propaganda from Pat Buchanan. He's part of their entire mindset of disinformation.

But the problem with him and the other right wing pundits who continue to be the "gatekeepers" spreading who is "fascist" and who isn't, is that people believe them. And their listeners in turn, spread the message to others by using the same amount of linguistic force.

The hits keep on coming. Before you know it, Mr. Bush and his cohorts have not lifted a finger and have clouded the minds of very vocal individuals who can't connect the dots.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
All we, as in we the people, have to do in order to derail the plans that "they" might have is to become active and aware in our political process...it really is that simple, people.

If instead, you choose apathy over involvement, you and I will get the gov't we deserve...it's that simple. Involvement vs apathy, if one you get a gov't that is accountable, if the other you get tyranny and/or corruption. It's up to us, ultimately, to decide which its going to be.

The job of a political pundit, of which ever political stripe, is to put out his/her political agenda and beliefs...so what if you do or do not agree...if you agree, feel free to read or listen...if you don't agree...feel free to ignore, if enough ignore eventually said pundit will disappear...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I find the name calling and tagging one of the dirties and most low blows that a political party can use.

It reminds me a littler child with temper tantrums getting all upset when people disapprove its behavior.

That should be laughable but actually when its adults and political leaders is its actually dangerous.

Is obvious that the desire for division and controversy is what they want.

Our present government does not want to keep the people united, because that is dangerous for their agendas.

I think we are living a very dangerous time in our nation’s political system.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
And now, they are trying to re-appropriate the world "facist" so it can be neutralized.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I find it hilarious that, at first, they're 'terrorists' and we have to kill them all, which obviously proves false under scrutiny. Then, we're like, Oh, we get it, you want to take over the world, like Pinky; that's called 'fascism.'

And now the 'terrorists' are 'fascists.'

Let's try something. I bet that if we started calling Bush Co "little pixies with pink wings," by next week, Rummy would be making speeches about how much those pixies hate our freedoms.

Goebbels for Dummies

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I suppose Ol' Donald doesn't own a mirror.

Odd to point a finger and say fascism, I guess they hate what they are?

So attempt to make it seem like they're far from it, eh, too bad most of us can see behind the curtain.

I bet O'Rielly has eaten this up and it regurgitating it for his loyal viewers.

Welcome to the No Spin Zone. . . What a crock.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You have voted WithoutEqual for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I am certainly not a supporter of this war on terror or Bush and his poodle Blair but I agree completely with you. All I see is exactly the same name calling from both side and neither one can see they are doing it.

No matter how much I disagree with the decision to send troops in I cannot criticise them as they have no choice in the matter. I fully support them and any loss of life in this war is a tragedy particularly the innocent children.

Sure extremists and some US/UK troops are doing terrible things but in the US, UK and every country in the world every day ordinary people kill, rape and torture people. The human race has done so many horrific things in the tiny amount of time we've been here!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Bush says,"They're successors to fascists, to Nazis, to communists and other totalitarians of the 20th century..."

www.whitehouse.gov...

Remarks such as these are annoying from a family that totally supported the Nazi war machine in WWII. The $10 million invested in german munitions plants(before a known or knowable war) would = $130 million today and it was the entire Bush family fortune at the time. The money invested by Prescott Bush tripled to $30 million by wars end. That's a $20 million dollar profit on the lives of slaves and American GI's.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

s the entire Bush family fortune at the time. The money invested by Prescott Bush tripled to $30 million by wars end.

Well I guess that is why they are so good at finding words to use against others . . . because they are very familiar with then.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well I guess that is why they are so good at finding words to use against others . . . because they are very familiar with then.

if ya'll recall, both Cheney & Rumsfeld - cut their teeth in the Nixon regime-
(and in that era, the shout & cry by the 'peaceniks' 'hippies' and anti-war people was that the Nixon regime was neck deep into neo-nazi Fascism...)

i did find this web page that does a fine job of explaining & expanding the meaning of -&- recognizing just What Is --> 'Fascism'
~which is a lot more than what i thought it was/ or what it really meant~

indulge yourself if you wish; www.oldamericancentury.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You know I don’t understand the mentality of calling the critics of Bush policies fascists.

I then is because behind of the name calling we have a government that actually has becomes everything that is the definition of fascist.

Very nice strategic.

Nice link,

Love this one.

9.) Corporate Power is Protected: The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join