It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Level Freemasons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ever since I started posting on ATS I have consistently come up against a barrier to discussion - the fact that I am not a 'high level freemason'. This simple fact eliminates any credibility I may have in the eyes of some posters, despite anything I may post, and yet I have no real idea what one is.

I've discussed this in part before, but I'd really like to pin this down and see if there is a wide consensus as to what a HLF is, or whether its a generic term with no fixed meaning. So I have the following questions for anyone who can try and enlighten me:

What is a High Level Freemason?
How does one get there?
What indication do you have that these people are more knowledgeable than other freemasons regarding the alleged global masonic conspiracy?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

How does one get there?
What indication do you have that these people are more knowledgeable than other freemasons regarding the alleged global masonic conspiracy?

As no doubt you are aware, most of the anti-Masons will say that a HLF is one who holds a "high degree". They seem to be completely unaware that the "high degrees" are available to any regular Master Mason in good standing who wants them.

In the real world, the HLF is one who is elected to masonic government. After his term expires, he is relaced by the new HLF who was elected, and the former HLF goes back to being a regular member.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Trinity,

Don't take it personally. From what I read so far the anit-masons don't take our "word" of much. I'm not sure that joining the Scoittish Rites or York Rite would make any diffrence in having your credibility

It would be interesting to see how a Grand Master would be believed and what credablity he would be given?

Since the books by masons are quoted, it does make me wonder in that the only real diffrence between the authors and some of the masons here is that most of the autors are dead. Masonic Light, among others, is at least as articlate and knowlagable as many masonic authors and much more so than some of the anit-masonic writes. I guess having said their say in the past and beig dead is more important than being able to respond to direct questions.

As any mason will testify, being a Master Mason is the top "level" as a Free Mason. HLF is only from the non masons, never from the masons. I totally agree with Masonic Light in that the closest would be a Grand Line Officer, but only in that the Office not the man is the HLF. Think for the closing of the lodge, and how masons meet.

One of the sticking points appears to be, the diffrence between Freemasons nd Scottich Rites Masons. Since both use the "degree system". The fact that they are diffrent orginizations and seperate is lost.

Cug

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My theory

Take a look at some older conspiracy theories.. it's not high level masons causing all the evil doings, it's just masons. Then it changed to the 32/33rds doing all the evil. Now I've noticed the 44th is starting to become the level where evil starts. (I don't have a clue where they got the 44th from. You would think they go straight to the 90/97 so they could drag Crowley into it)

What I think happened is faced with overwhelming evidence that most masons are just normal Joe's, they put the evil at the "rare" high degrees and that the lower degrees just don't know about the evil above. Well as it turns out the rare high degrees really aren't so rare, so they moved the evil up to fictional degree so they can claim that the 32/33's are out of the evil loop.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses so far. However I was really hoping for some input from the other side of the fence as well, so to speak.

Originally posted by Masonic Student
Don't take it personally.

LOL. Don't worry, I don't.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cug

What I think happened is faced with overwhelming evidence that most masons are just normal Joe's, they put the evil at the "rare" high degrees and that the lower degrees just don't know about the evil above. Well as it turns out the rare high degrees really aren't so rare, so they moved the evil up to fictional degree so they can claim that the 32/33's are out of the evil loop.

I've noticed the same thing. It used to be Masons who were "30° and above". Then they figure out that about half of all Masons in the US are 32° Scottish Rite Masons, so they change it to the 33rd. Then they find out that there are several thousand 33° Scottish Rite Masons in the US, including such demonic criminals as Mel Tillis, Roy Clark, Cosmo Kramer, and their grandpas, so they have to change it again.

O what a tangled web they weave....

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Okay, here is my two cents worth. Higher level masons, dont exsist. Thats right, you heard that from a ardent anti mason (not against the brotherhood, just the oath).

I theorize that Masons who become influential in one specialty or another, are approched in secret and asked to join yet another brotherhood. Being tapped for another adventure in life, sort to speak. None of the other brothers would know anything about it because guess what, its a secret, even from them. Imagin that, keeping secrets from the secret keepers LOL LOL

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

I theorize that Masons who become influential in one specialty or another, are approched in secret and asked to join yet another brotherhood. Being tapped for another adventure in life, sort to speak. None of the other brothers would know anything about it because guess what, its a secret, even from them. Imagin that, keeping secrets from the secret keepers LOL LOL

Actually, that's true. We call ourselves the Fraternal Alliance of Respected Turtles, and my Chapter just tapped two new members at a Lodge meeting last week.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Don't you think it's kind of odd that not one little bit of info has ever come out to confirm your susptitions.

I mean in the hundreds of years that Masonry has been around not one man has ever come out and said yes this is true or somehow slipped and said something to prove this theory.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Actually, that's true. We call ourselves the Fraternal Alliance of Respected Turtles,

Masonic light i visited your website there, then music started playing the title song "killing me softly"?, whats that all about?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry ... It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons, to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees; and whose attempts to undeceive them will labor in vain."

the words of Albert Pike.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You cant use abert pikes words, he was excommunicated or something, ask any mason he will tell you no masons follow pikes version lol lol

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo

Masonic light i visited your website there, then music started playing the title song "killing me softly"?, whats that all about?

It's not my site, it's just a store that sells fraternal regalia. There's a different song on each page.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
You cant use abert pikes words, he was excommunicated or something, ask any mason he will tell you no masons follow pikes version lol lol

Awww, come on, ASE, you know that there's a lot of us who are Pikeans, and that he died in good standing.

The quote above, from Morals and Dogma, is always quoted by anti-Masons out of context. It comes from Chapter 30, which is about the Templars. Pike believed that Freemasonry was derived from the Knights Templar. But the Templars aren't mentioned in the Blue Degrees, so Pike assumed that the information wasn't revealed until the Kadosh degree (30°). Therefore, Pike's big secret is that Masons are really modern Templars.

The reason that this passage is universally ignored by modern Masonic scholars is that it's been proven to be incorrect. Pike himself retracted many of his statements in "Morals and Dogma" after Gould published his "History of Freemasonry", including this one.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Actually, that's true. We call ourselves the Fraternal Alliance of Respected Turtles, and my Chapter just tapped two new members at a Lodge meeting last week.

Hmm... I'll get blocked from initiation for 10 years if I approach a Turtle to join, won't I... like the rumours about the Order of the Secret Monitor?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student
From what I read so far the anit-masons don't take our "word" of much.

They probably just think that what you have to say isn't worth listening too.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Beyond Allegory
How does one get there?
Beyond explanation
There is nothing to prove. There is no reason to prove it. Consider the big pictire and the global repercussion that would follow.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
There is nothing to prove. There is no reason to prove it. Consider the big pictire and the global repercussion that would follow.

It's that sort of attitude that completely impedes rational discussion. Deny Ignorance, indeed.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thanks for the input folks (nice to see you again ASE)

Unfortunately we haven't got very far. Isn't anyone interested in looking into this? I've seen plenty of posts about High Level Freemasons, and even diagrams showing how they link up with the 'Illuminati', but nothing of any further substance.

OK, lets try this. If you have ever posted about High Level Freemasons, where did you get your information from and why do you believe it? Was it from a book, speaker, website? At what point did you believe this is real rather than just a nice story?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

Hmm... I'll get blocked from initiation for 10 years if I approach a Turtle to join, won't I... like the rumours about the Order of the Secret Monitor?

I've never heard that about the Secret Monitor. Are you in the USA? If so, the Order of the Secret Monitor falls under jurisdiction of the Allied Masonic Degrees. A.M.D. is invitation-only, but we don't ban people for asking.

In Canada, there is a Grand Conclave of the Secret Monitor, although we recognize each other only partially. The same can be said of the Order of the Red Branch of Eri in England. In England, one must be at least an Adeptus Minor in the Masonic Rosicrucian Society in order to be made a Knight of the Red Branch, whereas in the US, A.M.D. controls the three degrees of the Order.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join