It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Defense disclaimer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Found it on the Beale AFB site.

According to this, I am illegally accessing a Department of Defence computer system, because I am not an authorized employee of the U.S. Government.

Further on, it says that I am liable for criminal persecution because of this.

All I have to say is

A quick check around told me the Langley AFB site doesn't have this 'disclaimer.'

What would be the purpose of this? To give some goons an excuse to kick down my door?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
sounds like you are playing avery dangerious game.

I hope it does not biter you on the rear.

With all that is going on, I would be worried about DHS and or DOD making a visit.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Nah mate, Im sure I'll be right.

Those guys are all talk and no play.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I'm curious too about the purpose of this disclaimer. Sounds like a sort of "beware of dog" sign to scare hackers.

In a way, I see it as a friendly reminder that they keep logs of our access to their site, enter at your own risk.

I find this approach more honest, you know, because they first ask for your consent before tracking your IP address. Contrary to commercial companies who swear to god that they care so much about your privacy, but then when AOL search engine leaks private search queries to the public, their great concern for privacy turn into: "oops, we do indead record your personal data, suck it!".

[edit on 31-8-2006 by ufia]

top topics

join