It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angie Dickenson is a Writer not an Actress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Something is wrong with this Universe. Wonder to yourself what would be different is Angela Dickenson was a writer not an actress

This is on IMDB

"Angie Dickinson was born in Kulm, North Dakota, in 1931, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. L. H. Brown. Mr. Brown was the publisher of The Kulm Messenger. The family left North Dakota in 1942 when Angie was 11 years old, moving to Burbank, California. In December of 1946, when she was a senior at Bellamarine Jefferson High School in Burbank, she won the Sixth Annual Bill of Rights Contest. Two years later her sister Janet, did likewise. Being the daughter of a printer, Angie at first had visions of becoming a writer, but gave this up after winning her first beauty contest. After finishing college she worked as a secretary in a Burbank airplane parts factory for 3-1/2 years. In 1953 she entered the local Miss America contest one day before the deadline and took second place. In August of the same year she was one of five winners in a beauty contest sponsored by NBC and appeared in several TV variety shows. She got her first bit part in a Warner Brothers movie in 1954 and gained television fame in the TV series "The Millionaire" (1955) and got her first good film role opposite John Wayne and Dean Martin in Rio Bravo (1959). Her success then spiraled until she became one of the nation's top movie stars."

www.imdb.com...

She gave up writing after the beauty conetest. But I know that she is a MYSTERY writer.

Thats what I notice, what do you notice?

Being the daughter of a printer, Angie at first had visions of becoming a writer, but gave this up after winning her first beauty contest.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by RubinLando]

[edit on 31-8-2006 by RubinLando]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

Mod edit: CAP title

[edit on 3-9-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Whats your point?

Right now she's a recluse old lady. She was a hot item back in her day. I dont get any "conspiracy" from this. What do you mean?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
She's appeared in roles in over 130 different TV shows and films from the 1950s to today. That's not including her appearances on TV shows or in documentaries as herself, either.

Could it be somebody who is an author with a similar name/penname? Are you certain this is the same person? Thirdly, what's the conspiracy here?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RubinLando
...she worked as a secretary in a Burbank airplane parts factory for 3-1/2 years...

So she's a recluse, an actress, a mystery writer....and worked in a factory where she made plane parts. Hmm...

I'm guessing that she orchestrated 9/11 by building remote controls for the planes, to be activated at a specific time and date, and the motive was so that she could be the mastermind behind the biggest mystery and consipracy of all time.

I'll bet she's hiding in her secret lair cackling, wringing her hands, and saying "Muhahahahaha!" as we speak.

Kidding! kidding!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If you're going to start a thread, i wish you wouldnt keep people guessing. This seems to be the latest fad. Keep 'em guessing.

Now i'm intrigued. What is the conspiracy here??? I've had several jobs myself.
Big deal.

Being a member of the "Rat Pack" brought her fame and money and good times she probably wouldnt have had otherwise. Go figure.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm guessing the original poster was trying to say that he/she remembered Angie Dickinson as a mystery writer, and not an actress, because he/she has been living/is still living in an alternate universe where Angie was a writer.

Imagine a world with no "Police Woman" TV series.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The conspiracy is, That she never was supposed to be a TV and MOvie star. She wrote MYSTERIES. I haven't figured out if A) I am in a differnt Universe than my own, B) Everything has changed and I'm the only one who noticed, or C) somebody went back and changed things.

Sounds like it fits in with this place. Nothing to do with 911. WOW!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Too many thins are differnt. Hasn't anyone noticed the little things? Doesn't anyone see? Something is pulling the wool over our eyes.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You've lost me here, bro. The article states she aspired to be a writer at one time, but gave up on that after winning her first beauty contest. That happens. People turn out to be something other than they originally intended. When I was 12, I wanted to become the first white Harlem Globetrotter.

Now, you're stating you KNOW she's a writer of mysteries. Where does that come from? Sorry, I think you've got to spell it out for us.

You're not confusing her with Emily Dickinson, are you? Emily as a poet, and I don't think she had the great gams Angie did. Or maybe she did?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The conspiracy is, That she never was supposed to be a TV and MOvie star.

I was supposed to be the dictator of the world, however, life happens, I got married had kids and had to put those plans on the back burner.

Perhaps when the kids get older and leave the nest I can dust off my plans for world domination.

Seriously, I don't really see a conspiracy in a woman changing her mind as to what she wants to do with her life.

[edit on 31/8/06 by Skibum]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Imagine how the world would be differnt. If she had taken up writing instead of winning that beauty pagent. First, she would never have been a sex symbol, she would have neever been in so many Mens SPANKBANK (older peoples). More sex, means more aggression, more and more.. The only resaon I know I'm right, is I remember once wondering why that writer would go out with Sinatra.

heres the differences as I know them

-Everybody is more emotional, a little dirtier (sexually) and more laxidazical.

-Frank Sinatra made a "Movie" "Von Ryans train", I've never heard of that movie until just recently. And it is/was a classic of Wizard of OZ proportions

-some slight differences in Scene choices in some of my favorite movies. Billy Madison is differnt, Spaceballs is different (just a syllable though)

Just think, The absence of one book. A book can change the course of human events. Or at least in the mind of the reader.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Its not about her. She's just one thing thats different. It means that something is different. I'm not saying it has anything to do with her. Theres some strange Magic at work here. Who knows why she stopped writing. Maybe she didn't get inspired by a thought, or an idea. wow a tiny little thought.

I REMEMBER HER A WRITER.

She never was one.

I'm insane?

"Strange things are afoot at the circle K"

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubinLando
The only resaon I know I'm right, is I remember once wondering why that writer would go out with Sinatra.

So you're basing this over having once thought she was a writer? Then seeing an article which states she once wanted to be a writer?

-Frank Sinatra made a "Movie" "Von Ryans train", I've never heard of that movie until just recently. And it is/was a classic of Wizard of OZ proportions

Actually, it was "Von Ryan's Express". Pretty fair movie, but surely no classic epic.

-some slight differences in Scene choices in some of my favorite movies. Billy Madison is differnt, Spaceballs is different (just a syllable though)

Do you have some sort of photographic memory? Is it possible you're just remembering things differently than they actually occurred? I'd be more inclined to think that than I would the past has somehow been altered. But hey, that's just me.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well, we're playing games.

Ok. She was never a writer. She could have been, but never was. YOU remember her as a writer. You knew she was a writer that never was.
Right?
So you're saying that you intuitibely knew she was a writer, even though she wasn't.
Ok.
Is that it?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It is a little interesting he specifically remembers her as a mystery writer.

I'd like to know if you remember any of the book titles, or maybe recall actually reading one of her mysteries.

Hey, maybe this only makes sense at the quantum level.

(Not laughing at you Rubin. You had to be here. And maybe you were).

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wanna liken her books to Nacey drew or the Hardy boys ish. Like with girls. (Not babysitters club).

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Hey, maybe this only makes sense at the quantum level.

Well, i'm a bleephead, so i'm playing

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
She not the only difference, just one that could make a differnce. NO SUCH THING AS POLICE WOMAN. ( i know you've seen it, blah blah blah)

I'm just trying to find anyone who notices anything else different.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Rules are you cannot log off- not with this kind of thread.

Rubin, come back here.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I didnt log off, my internet crashed

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join