It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Catholic Church is Disgusting, Immoral and Wicked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Something I do not know if was noted is that the ones who were excommunicated were the ones performing the abortion, the girl wasn't excommunicated because the church considers that below a certain age, I do not remember which, they are considered too young (is this phrase correct in English?) to have enough knowledge to make that kind of decision.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If the girl's family makes the decision to have an abortion then the family is not Catholic.

Catholics do not allow abortions.

So this is simple: Why would they care if they are excommunicated?

If they choose not to obey the rules of the Catholic Church why would they want to continue to be a part of it?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think Craig pretty much hit the nail on the head.

BUT! I think the main issue is the fact that the catholic church has no compassion for the child, whos life is in danger. People are seeing this as a cold shoulder from a religion of compassion, whos basically saying that it would be better for the girl to die in childbirth then to save herself by killing a being who isnt argueably alive.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
BUT! I think the main issue is the fact that the catholic church has no compassion for the child, whos life is in danger.

I think they have compassion, that is why she wasn't excommunicated, it is too young to be judge as a responsible.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wow,

A very controversial topic as evidenced by some of the replies.

We have two polarized views:

1. The fetus is holy and aborting it would amount to murder.

2. The child is well...a child and should not give birth, let alone to a baby that was forced on her.

Let me add my own viewpoint.

According to the Catholic church not only is the mass of cells growing inside this 11 year old girl's body considered holy, but the sperm that inseminated the egg to create it is holy as well. So if you're going to rape someone don't use a condom, because that would add to your sin.

I personally don't think that any fetus that is a product of rape should be born, regardless of the circumstances. And the rapist if caught and convicted should be sterilized. As a species we should be evolving, not allowing rapists to pollute our genome.

And yes rape is an instinctual response, tempered in most humans by the laws and consequences of society. When society breaks down people loot and murder and rape. Just look at what happened about a year ago in New Orleans shortly after Katrina hit.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My view is this...

Abortion is Murder. Really? Who decides this?

The thought that the fetus of a raped 11 year old child having an overriding "right" over it's host is inconceivable.

A fetus is dependant on it's host for survival, the same thing a parasite is. If the host dies, the baby dies. Thats why the use of the word "it" fits here. What does a fetus feel, think, know, understand? Do you honestly believe it has a soul, that a mother when pregnant has two souls?

Ending the life of another being is not always wrong. It is your motivation that is judged.

You can kill for many reasons such as in defence, by accident, to end prolonged and/or unnecessary suffering (euthanasia), For the survival of a greater number or good (or forced to make a choice where even no choice/action has consequences).

So she aborted. Support the girl. Give her the best shot at a future as possible, she will need support, understanding, patience and strength if she is to heal. If abortion was not the right thing to do, she will find out when she dies and if there is a price to pay, she will pay it. The fact that she's in the situation means she is being challenged and her choices are part of her learning and development process.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Abortion at any time is a terrible and dangerous thing.

The rape induced pregnancy of a pre-teen is a terrible and dangerous thing.

This is between the parents, the child, their doctor and their God.

And BTW, there's a very good reason the church of Rome is so screwed up.

www.biblebelievers.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Aborting a baby conceived through rape only compounds the evil that has been committed by adding murder to rape.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Abortion at any time is a terrible and dangerous thing.

Agreed

The rape induced pregnancy of a pre-teen is a terrible and dangerous thing.

Agreed

This is between the parents, the child,

I keep seeing people say that - did everyone miss the fact that the repeated rapes that produced this pregnancy was committed by her stepfather?

And BTW, there's a very good reason the church of Rome is so screwed up.

www.biblebelievers.com...

And we should believe the author of that book because?????

[edit on 9/2/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
One thing I would like to add is a few views concerning the vatican. Does anyone know the emense wealth and material treasures that the vatican has amassed over the centuries? Why would the vatican stockpile art treasures? The oppulence that these 'holy men' live in compared to the starving poor of the world is completely disgusting. How can they justify this lifestyle under god compared with the suffering around the earth of the poor. Does anyone here feel that Jesus would hord wealth and art treasures worth untold billions while his people starve? It seems to me that if the devil were alive and well today, he would be living in oppulence in the vatican, laughing in 20 foot deep piles of cash. If there are any catholics here, please explain why you condone this religion and its disgustingly rich lifestyle of its 'fathers.' It amazes me to pass by a catholic church that drips with gold and its ornate palace like concete, while the neighboorhoods surrounding it wallow in squaler.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
One thing I would like to add is a few views concerning the vatican. Does anyone know the emense wealth and material treasures that the vatican has amassed over the centuries?

That, besides being even more off-topic than some of the answers, could be applied to almost all religions, humanitarian societies and even people.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
God doesn't care whether or not people are Catholic. And I know a lot of Catholics and clergy who do not fit the description of this thread, itself born out of hatred and ignorance.

Everytime I come here I have to see material of this caliber

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I am with you ALL THE WAY! And there are many more who stand with us...on Earth...and in Heaven!

None of you are standing.You are all on your knees begging for love and forgiveness from an "idea". That's all it is, and denying anyone medical treatment on the grounds that your "idea" says it's wrong and you have to be kicked out of the club for it, is patently absurd as well as primitive. Perhaps the most helpful thing the church can do is take a hike themselves. The "idea" that you and so many other so called spiritual beings strive to emulate has done more harm in this world and to people than any child rapists, adulterers, homosexuals, and whatever other enemies that your "idea" percieves as a threat, combined.

And since i'm on my soap box, here is a question for you and your "idea":
Does your rule book not say that you should forgive someone if they sin, and ask for forgiveness from your "idea"?
If that is truth, then could the girl who is obviously going to be in a traumatized state, not be forgiven for her infraction against the"idea"?
I ask this knowing that your "idea" has the ability to tell if someone is sincere in their bid for forgiveness.

And theoretically, the doctors are sinning by merely saving someones life, as they are messing with your "ideas" design. i.e. "only the "idea" can give or take life.
So according to the rulebook, doctors are evil anyway, so who cares if they get kicked out of the club, right
?
I guess that's why they take the hypocratic oath.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEATHKNELL
If that is truth, then could the girl who is obviously going to be in a traumatized state, not be forgiven for her infraction against the"idea"?

The girl was not considered guilty of anything, the Catholic Church does not see a minor as a responsible, in this case, as the girl was only 11 years old, the ones who faced excommunication were the ones who made the abortion and the ones responsible for the girl (I saw that the person who authorized the abortion was her grandmother, maybe she has no parents with her).

So, the girl has done nothing that needs to be forgiven.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

So, the girl has done nothing that needs to be forgiven.

Absolutely! I have to agree with you ArMaP.

And - so what if the Catholic Church has money? They ought to! They have churches all over the world where there is poverty where they go out and preach and establish churches etc. If they didn't have money, how would they do this? They obviously need money!! If you had a business and it ran for a couple of hundred years "you" would also have some money!! Big deal! The religion is hundreds of years old and based on age old teachings. Keep in mind too that the CHURCH has money, like big businesses. The priests, cardinals etc do NOT have money. They take vows of poverty and even if they didn’t, they really get paid a small amount of money and if the CURCH didn’t have money they wouldn’t get paid – or do some believe they shouldn’t? Not like SOME churches where you HAVE to tithe 10% or more of your salary. The Catholic Church lets YOU decide. They are certainly not a cult that one has to follow and when you are in you can get out without fear of losing your life or being stalked.

If you don't like the religion leave it or don't join. There are obviously teachings and the Ten Commandments which need to be followed; but once again, these are choices! You are not sentenced to be a catholic - so if you don't agree with or don't like Catholicism then you have a choice. As far as the Ten Commandments are concerned, I don’t think these should apply to only, and they don’t, Catholics. This should typically be what you follow daily. In fact many laws are derived from the Ten Commandments and if you kill, the government will “kill you back” – depending on what state/country you are in. So, unless you are a serial axe murdered you are probably following many of the Ten Commandments without even thinking about it but. Again, it is a part of life. Guildlines! This is how the church is – guidelines.

So if you abort, you are committing murder because you are killing a person who already has a soul. You don’t get your soul only when you are born, you get it when you are conceived. The church is against murder, not abortion per say. I am sure that is easy to understand? The fact that the church excommunicated those who carried out the abortion is due to the fact that they murdered another person. It doesn’t matter if they were catholic or not. Whether it affected them or not is not the issue. That was the churches stand on the matter – in fact, it was a “local” decision and NOT passed down by the Vatican. Every religion has their pros and cons. There are choices. You can make them.

Walk across a busy intersection or don’t!! It is YOUR decision but a good guideline to follow is to only cross when it is safe – right? G U I D E L I N E S ! ! Not law!! Infact, the ten commandments do NOT only belong to Catholics. The Jews have Ten Commandments and the Protestants have 10 commandments so go figure. I guess if following “logical” guidelines then I hope those saying Catholicism is “crap” (in a word) better not be Jewish or Protestant. Well I doubt there are many religions they could belong to save Satanism. I guess that could be a possibility considering some remarks.

Fluit Fluit my storie is uit.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Forbidding Catholics who have AIDS from using condoms is murder. That is an unforgivable crime compared to respecting the goals of procreation. The pope and Catholics who have perverted Gods laws will burn in hell for their perpetual wickedness and unrepentence. They have lied to humanity and are more concerned with upholding precedence than actually interpreting the bible for what it is.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join