It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Catholic Church is Disgusting, Immoral and Wicked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
The reason we have these problems in the world to begin with is poverty and coruption and you of all people on ATS should know that. The fact that people are not able to matain a status of living, health, or welbeing is a major contrubitor to crime and the welfare of the worlds population.

Don't you think that even if everyone were well off, honest, real upstanding citizens. . .
That we would still have petophiles raping young kids. ( They are in the news right now just check. ). THEY'RE SICK!

I don't know why they are. I just know that they are. I guess they are because they have a chemical imbalance that makes them that way according to science, but I can't be sure because I'm not a scientist.

But I don't think it has anything to do with religion. I was brought up a Catholic, but now I just believe in myself to wake up every morning & make the right decisions, and to treat my fellow inhabitors of this planet with respect. Some days are better than others. . .

I HAVE to believe in a system that allows me the ability to feel that another human being has the right to have a view that is contrary to mine, but they aren't gonna be excluded from heaven for doing so. That's way too controling for me. Again- Some days are better than others. . .

We are all right with respect to this issue because it is a important, life changing, personal decision that every one of us should have the right to choose for ourselves. Again, it has nothing to do with religion. I choose therefore I am. . .

Peace be with you Mizar. . .

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This old debate never ends. These discussions are always fruitless.

It's really quite simple. If you are Pro-Life you believe abortion is murder. Even worse than that it is infanticide. If you are Pro-Choice you see it as a matter of convenience and believe the unborn child is nothing more than a piece of flesh. Whenever a Pro-Choice person tries to get a Pro-Life person to accept abortion they are literally asking that person to say that Murder (Infanticide) is acceptable. Pro-Choice people just do not seem to comprehend what they are asking. If a person believes it to be murder they would have to agree that someone murdering their own child is not wrong.

There is no resolution to this debate. You either believe it is murder or you don't. Pro-Life people are just trying to stop what they believe to be a hideous crime. To condemn them for that is unreasonable to say the least. Why would any decent human being think it is OK to try and get someone else to accept murder as being OK and expect them to remain silent while babies are being slaughtered by the millions. Pro-Life people need to realize exactly what it is they are asking. You are not asking someone to change their mind about the best way to cook a steak. You are asking someone to say that murdering an infant is acceptable behavior.

If you are Pro-Choice, think for a minute before you attack people who believe it is murder. Walk a mile in their shoes. Think what it is you are asking. How would you feel in the same position.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
New Member here.

Interesting posts I am finding. What is the point of this argument? Are we going to actually be able to sit there and judge that 1 - abortion is better or worse than 2 - the crime itself. We cannot. Rape and Murder. No one wins. I sincerely feel for this Girl. I am a Catholic and do not condone abortion. But I cannot say that this child should have endured a pregnancy under these circumstances. Absolutely not. No one can sit back and judge. Neither you nor I, not the Catholic Church. This was a crime, of the most horrendous sorts. What always stands out in my mind is when Jesus would talk to the whores and tax collectors... not making a connection there. But he worked with the sinners. For the Church to judge anyone is a mockery of her most useful attribute. The welcoming of all. For any woman or man to sit in God's house and pray.

So this girl has and will suffer. With or without an abortion. Our anger should be directed at the rapist. He should be torn to pieces. Not the little girl. We will never have a right and wrong answer. We cannot let the institute of the Church dictate our own moral reasoning. I believe that God wants us to figure these things out on our own. I am against abortion. But under these circumstances I feel that having her to go through nine months of pregnancy would be beyond cruel. We all have to remember that it is not our place to Judge. I hope God feels the same way.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i think if we change the topic question to:

"Why the mans that rule the Catholic Church are Disgusting, Immoral and Wicked"

we will be more near to reality.

thats my opinion

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
lol umbra if it was that easy. even you should recognize the lies hence your deperatley wanna=be signatue...learn a new phrase....

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
While not all catholics are insane, I still think the core of your religion is trash and fanatical. I would compare it to the taliban if given the opportunity to expand it's influences like in the dark-ages. Anyway, thank goodness we have freedom of religion in the USA and we don't have the answer to the vatican.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by laiguana]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You know, I sit here and read over the responses posted and how the messages have digressed from the original post. What SOME need to understand is that there are tons of religions and it is not Catholicism that is wrong BUT the people who build their own empires. Another thing, I would like all those stone throwing brainless idiots, literally this means that you are uneducated (for those idiots), to go back and ACTUALLY read the article that prompted this thread. THE GIRL HAD, SHE HAD, THAT MEANS ALREADY DONE, the abortion.

Religion is a collection of values, choices and guidelines. There will be fanatics and there will be assholes and I can guarantee that there are leaders in every single faith that have screwed around, molested little boys and girls and had sex out of wedlock, though catholic priests can’t marry so I guess they are innocent in this – though I am sure some IDIOTS would find a way of disproving this too. I am sure there are Rabbis that would screw anything that moved and if it didn’t move, they would kick it till it moved and then screw it - and so too with old Jimmy Swaggart; and he wasn't even Catholic - imagine that!

The truth is, people, the churches and religions are run by PEOPLE and people are NOT infallible and to sit back on your rocking horse and slander Catholics etc because of what some leaders, IN THAT RELIGION, have done is truly and sadly proof and reflects the level of education and IQ in some individuals. I believe if we read through this thread again, we could possibly nominate a few individuals for classes during summer break which may boost their understanding of real life and it will also draw them out of their bedrooms for short periods of time, allowing them to get some fresh air, notice, and smell the roses. Alternately, we could arrange for a full opti-rectomy. This is a procedure where we get a doctor to operate, through the asshole (excuse the pun), to make adjustments to the optic nerve to rectify their cr@ppy outlook on life.

People - the baby is aborted, the church has a right to excommunicate it if feels it is necessary and in accordance with the religion. It does not mean they EXCECUTED. This doesn’t mean the religion is crap. Likewise, the jews don’t eat pork, does it make the religion crap cos in THEIR belief pigs are dirty? I mean, if Jesus did come to earth then the JEWS murdered him so why not bash the Jews? That IS NOT what this thread is about.

The baby is aborted, the DUDE in the church did what HE wanted to do but this DOES NOT reflect what ALL Catholics believe is right. Take a step back from yourselves (those idiots) and have a look at what is staring at you – sad, isn’t it?!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
While not all catholics are insane, I still think the core of your religion is trash and fanatical. I would compare it to the taliban if given the opportunity to expand it's influences like in the dark-ages. Anyway, thank goodness we have freedom of religion in the USA and we don't have the answer to the vatican.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by laiguana]

You are forgiven Laiguana... It is absolutely apparent, and obvious, you need an opti-rectomy or a complete brain transplant for that matter. Again, it isn’t the religion, it is SOME, that means not all, PEOPLE. No one has to answer to the Vatican – we have CHOICES – that means one is able to decide, for themselves, what one wants to do. The church says, THY SHALT NOT KILL, but has any serial murderer answered to the Vatican? Go outside and smell the roses.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
personal views:

i believe abortion is wrong, so i wont have one (yes im male, hense the irony). but im in no position to judge anyone who's had one or wouldnt have one.

i believe murder is wrong. havnt killed anyone today, no guarantees on tomorrow but i think the world is safe from me.

i believe rape is wrong also, and were it my little girl/mother/sister/wife, then i may be moved to murder should i happen to find the rapist before the cops do.

lastly, i believe that for me to judge anyone else is wrong. yeah, i know, said i may kill someone that raped someone close to me, and thats passing judgment. guess what? ive done a lot of things that i believe to be wrong at one point or another. not a fact im proud of, but ive also never claimed to be of flawless character.

thing is this, if ANY of you have EVER done anything wrong, big or small, murder to doing 56 in a 55 zone, you also gave up your right to judge. doesnt mean you wont do it, just as im guilty of being judgemental at times.

but again, im willing to admit ive done things i shouldnt have...are you?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
A distinction needs to be made here between judging abortionists and trying to prevent abortion. People seem to view the two as one. Catholics seek to prevent abortion but this does not necessarily mean that Catholics are judging the abortionist. The focus is on SAVING THE LIVES OF THE UNBORN BABIES rather than on condemning the abortionists. Although the abortionists ARE committing a horrible crime, the primary concern is the LIFE of the unborn.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Disgusting, immoral, and wicked describes the condition of most of 21st century humanity...not just the Catholic church.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Disgusting, immoral, and wicked describes the condition of most of 21st century humanity...not just the Catholic church.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by SkyWay]

I propose a toast to you SkyWay.

The world is sick and twisted, and as you correctly state, not just the catholic church or Catholics for that matter. It is people, not the religion they belong to, that are twisted.

Regardless of any doctrine or law, people have choices and they can make those choices regardless of any religious beliefs or systems. No one, and especially not me, has to be Catholic or Hindu, Atheist etc etc. We make the choice to belong to what ever religion or cult we want. No one is forced to be what they don’t want to be, save those countries in which there is no choice – but again, one can pray in secret to whom ever one wants – there is STILL a choice.

Anyways, I hope this thread gets closed because it is becoming a mud fight.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Exactly right, shearder. That is the purpose for which our Creator endowed us with freewill. To allow us to make choices. Our fate was put in our own hands. Let us choose wisely our course through life because we will reap what we have sown.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I do believe that abortion is murder, but I also wonder about the other child in this sordid little melodrama...

Eleven years old...not an adult by any stretch of the imagination. The days of 11 year old mothers died a well deserved death centuries ago. She was raped, forced against her will...and some misguided out of date, church doctrine is going to try and force her to have to look that in the face for 9 months, assuming of course that she survives the full nine months...another question...is the oh so holy catholic church going to provide for her welfare as she cares for both herself and the child? Thought not...

I do not like abortion...there are usually alternatives...but not when a child would be forced to have a child forced upon her by rape. Rape her twice...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I do believe that abortion is murder...

That, above, is the only educated thing you said in the whole post. If you actually went back and read the FULL article or looked a couple of posts above this one the SAME page, you will notice that SHE HAS ALREADY HAD THE ABORTION. She won't have to face anything for the next nine months. Religion, for the most part, be it Buddhism, Catholicism etc etc etc is ANTIQUATED!

That is NORMAL for religions. They are OLD and I haven’t seen, in any other religions, where they have changed things to any great extent and the teachings are still from the “book”, what ever book it may be, as it was for the last few hundred or few thousand years. The literal translations may have changed and the meanings may be screwed but that is due to translation. Fundamentals have, for the most part, remained the same. So knocking the religion as being antiquated is actually pretty daft – don’t you agree?? Unless you compare it to a new religion like “Jakes all holy and every living do-as-you-like-cos-this-is-a-new-religion church”.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I realize that she has already had the abortion, thanks anyway... The whole idea behind my unintelligent tirade was that each incident such as this one should be judged separately, and not by dogma.

My ninemonths comment was to ask who is going to help the 11 year old mother...sorry you missed that. Apparently it was an unintelligable, as well as unintelligent, tirade.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
But I do notice that you are an equal opportunity insulter of people intelligence. Cudos for that...if nothing else.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
.is the oh so holy catholic church going to provide for her welfare as she cares for both herself and the child? Thought not...

Actually they would. You just have to know where to go.

As I said in my eariler post thats the main mission of christianty especially catholisim, to care for the sick poor dowtrodden, oppressed, and thoes who do not have the means to support themselves. This christian message is dieing because people dont want to sacrifice anylonger. But there are still parts of the catholic church that are devoted to this kind of stuff that people give their entire lives to help raise the socail well being of the world populis and combat poverty.

WHen are people going to realize that the bigest teaching of the CHurch is SOCAIL JUSTICE and that is is upheld moreso than anyother would be failure you think they have caused.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It would be wonderful if more practiced what the Church preaches...all too often it resembles something more along the lines of do as I say, not as I do.

Please...it may sound as if I hate the Catholic church...I don't really. I just think it is ever so slightly hypocritical in many instances to attempt to protect the unborn, certainly a laudable goal, but on the flipside, seemingly condone the harrasment and even murder of the abortionists...

The catholic church stands for many wonderful things...I'll not argue that. They have many, many wonderful people in it, a large portion of my family are Roman Catholic.

I just feel that all too often...they are caught not practicing what they preach. My hyperbole may have gone overboard a trifle with a holier than thou crack, and for that I do apologize...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The Catholic church does not approve of murdering unborn children no matter how they were concieved.
If you don't believe that .. don't be Catholic. It's very simple.
There are other religions in the world. If you can't (or won't) understand that abortion kills a human being then don't be Catholic.

FlyersFan summed it all up, in my opinion.

The Catholic Church is not a social club. Religion aside, the Catholic Church a philosophy is based upon a collection of principlesphilosophy. That these principles call for individual responsibility, self-restraint and discipline and strict adherence to a set of moral beliefs is not necessarily something that everyone might accept. However, for those that do accept the Catholic Church, it is quite possible that they might find peace and contentment within their faith and within their lives.

If one does not agree with the tenets of the Catholic Church, it would stand to reason that one might consider leaving the Church (if a already a member) or refrain from joining. There are plenty of other religions that are less disciplined, demand less self-restraint and are more open to altering their philosophical creed according to social pressures or convenience.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join