It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Catholic Church is Disgusting, Immoral and Wicked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
Organized religion in general has been perverted by the perverts into nothing more than a money-making gimmick.

IMO, they prey on people's fear's, ignorance and insecurities.

religion has been like this since time began, in time gone by if you didnt go to church or belong to a certain faith you were branded a witch and either burned at the stake or dunked under water, and if you didn't survive it was a case "oop's sorry we were wrong", they have also had far to much influence over goverments as well in the past they used have a large influence over how the kings and queens ran the uk and even now they sit in the house of lord controling what laws come into power

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
In the 1920's the catholic church in Spain argued against education for the peasantry - particularly teaching them to read. Yes that's 1920's.

The RC's indefensible stance on contraception, child abuse by their priests, its collusion with fascism and its support for the subjugation and abuse of women make it (IMO) an evil cancer that infects and feeds on some societies.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
In the 1920's the catholic church in Spain argued against education for the peasantry - particularly teaching them to read. Yes that's 1920's.

The RC's indefensible stance on contraception, child abuse by their priests, its collusion with fascism and its support for the subjugation and abuse of women make it (IMO) an evil cancer that infects and feeds on some societies.

Sounds like this debate is actually about a lot more than abortion.

If this is an attack on the catholic church, then have fun. (I'm no catholic.) Yet it's amusing that all talk of the little girl who's been the victim of rape, and then subjected to major surgery, it's amazing how she's suddenly irrelevant.

None of you ever cared about that person, she was just a pawn in your attack on an institution.

lovely.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

None of you ever cared about that person, she was just a pawn in your attack on an institution.

Well argued... nicely offensive remark there.

In a similar vein its clear that you have no problem with rape. Naturally thats a nonsense and probably deeply offensive to boot.

The point i wished to make was that sometimes the Catholic Church can do the most disgusting things, which in this case was to find a medical proceedure less acceptable than the rape of a child.

Think before you speak love.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I say let the Catholics do it. It only goes to show that they are still socially, spiritually, politically, and scientifically backwards. Stuff like this will make the church even more and more irelevant, and its numbers will decline. They already are. The Church has been in a state of decline because it wont wake up and smell reality. We aint in the dark ages anymore.

The only people the Church are hurting is themselves and their flock. They have a right to believe or behave however they wish towards members. With catholicism on a steady decline around the world, especially amongst the youth, its no wonder.

When you look at the wealth and luxury that the Vatican is, and all their cardinals and clergy, and then look at the state of poverty in the heavily Catholic countries in latin America, where kids run rampant in filthy streets and live in tin huts near churches that are decorated with gold leaf, you understand more why no oen takes Catholicism seriously anymore.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Although giving birth after being raped, especially as an 11 year old would be very traumatic, I also would think that living on as a woman post abortion is not without it's own trauma. There are really no good answers here. This child's life has beeen flipped end over end and she will never be the same. Forcing her to have an abortion or to give birth are both choices that will have long standing consequences for this little girl.

The best decision would be to let her parents, who know her, choose and then support her with counseling. Honestly, I have a 10 year old daughter and if it were her, I would never tell her she was pregnant in the first place, I'd get her an abortion and tell her it was something else, then live with my lie for he rest of my life. And I was born and raised a Catholic.

I am no longer a practicing Catholic but even with all it's faults it seems that Catholic bashing is the only bashing that's allowed these days. There are many good people who practice the faith and many excellent priests and sisters out there.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And then there's this:
enews.earthlink.net.../44f65ec0_3ca6_1552620060831-1610935397

Excerpt:
N.Y. Priests Accused of Abuse Get Choice
From Associated Press
August 31, 2006 6:55 AM EDT

NEW YORK - Priests suspected of sexually abusing children but protected from expulsion by Catholic law are being offered a choice in the New York Archdiocese: Enter a lifelong supervision program or leave the church.

Now, I ask you this: Why is it that priests who are pedophiles get a choice, but an innocent 11 y.o. child who has been raped doesn't get a choice? What kind of logic is this? It's just plain stupid, biased and misogynist. The priests should be prosected and locked up just like every other criminal. But apparently not all the priests can be convicted because the statute of limitations has run out. What kind of stupid law is that, it needs to be changed, because if the priests choose to leave the Church, they are still at large with access to children. What were they thinking?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
The priests should be prosected and locked up just like every other criminal. But apparently not all the priests can be convicted because the statute of limitations has run out. What kind of stupid law is that, it needs to be changed, because if the priests choose to leave the Church, they are still at large with access to children. What were they thinking?

The title says "N.Y. Priests Accused of Abuse Get Choice" but the article says "Priests suspected of sexually abusing children but protected from expulsion by Catholic law ...", its not the same thing.

Also, the statute of limitations is a legal matter that applies to everybody, not just priests.

If the US law did not found proof of guilt or wasn't even informed of the cases, then it is normal that the only thing that could be applied are internal laws of their organisation, in this case the Catholic Church.

But the Catholic Church cannot do anything if they want to leave, against what some people may think, they do not work like the Mafia.

The ones that stay are being monitored.

source
The other two are expected to spend their lives in closely supervised housing, where they will undergo therapy and maintain a daily log of their movements. They will not be permitted to celebrate Mass in public, dress as priests, be alone with children or "inappropriately use computers," according to a letter sent to the priests by Cardinal Edward Egan.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy Chemist
perhaps the story isn't true...

www.washingtonpost.com...

Guess ya all missed this...
read before you speak... the catholics aren't excommunicating anyone here...

except all those poor sexually abused children and their parents , and preists who dare whisleblow on friends... for they are excommunicated for violating that most sacred secret...

THAT MY FRIENDS IS A TRAGEDY, and also why the catholics are a faith that is dying as fast as the world is being educated...

interesting...
as the worlds intelligence grows
catholicism wains...

Hummmm.

but it works the other way around as well... unfortunatley...

priests cant tell even if they want to...

[edit on 31-8-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If people are getting abortions they shouldn't be Catholic. Abortion = murder in the eyes of the church so if they want to excommunicate people for it, that's their right. I mean if you subscribe to any particular religion you should follow the rules. If you don't want to follow those rules, then perhaps you should look for another religion.... or better yet think for yourself.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

which in this case was to find a medical proceedure less acceptable than the rape of a child.

Think before you speak love.

Maybe you can repost the line from the article where some catholic said the rape was "acceptable."

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
If people are getting abortions they shouldn't be Catholic. Abortion = murder in the eyes of the church so if they want to excommunicate people for it, that's their right. I mean if you subscribe to any particular religion you should follow the rules. If you don't want to follow those rules, then perhaps you should look for another religion.... or better yet think for yourself.

I know you probably didn't catch this, but they DIDN'T excommunicate her, or anyone involved, because they allowed this exception...

it was an over hyped media blurb, to sell papers...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Also, the statute of limitations is a legal matter that applies to everybody, not just priests.

If the US law did not found proof of guilt or wasn't even informed of the cases, then it is normal that the only thing that could be applied are internal laws of their organisation, in this case the Catholic Church.

But the Catholic Church cannot do anything if they want to leave, against what some people may think, they do not work like the Mafia.

The ones that stay are being monitored.

source
The other two are expected to spend their lives in closely supervised housing, where they will undergo therapy and maintain a daily log of their movements. They will not be permitted to celebrate Mass in public, dress as priests, be alone with children or "inappropriately use computers," according to a letter sent to the priests by Cardinal Edward Egan.

ArMap, I do understand what you're saying and I do know that the law isn't the fault of the Catholic Church. I probably wasn't clear enough as to the point I was making, which is this. Why do the cardinals get to choose when the little girl and/or her family doesn't get a choice? The little girl is innocent, but the priests are at least suspected of child molesting. It is a Catch-22 I will admit that because the law states that you can't prosecute after a certain amount of time. Why do we have such a stupid law? Molesters do not rehab, they are molesters for life. The law needs to be changed for one. That way, the priests could stand trial and be charged as guilty or let go if they are innocent. Anyway you look at it, the whole thing is messed up, both ffrom the standpoint of the Church and the law. But simply letting them go, that means there is a molester at large unless they are all innocent, which I highly doubt. After all, if the Church admits that these priests are suspects, it would seem that they have good reason to suspect, right?

My point being that, if these priests get a choice, why doesn't the little girl's family?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

My point being that, if these priests get a choice, why doesn't the little girl's family?

Sorry, I forgot the answer to that.

For the Catholic Church, as for the legal system, a murder is worse than a rape.
In Portugal, for example, rape has a maximum of 10 years penalty while murder has a maximum of 25 years.

The Catholic Church considers abortion a murder, so it is a worse offense.

That does not mean that he shouldn't have said that about the abortion without saying anything about the rape, but, once again, he only spoke in his name, he doesn't even have authority to excommunicate those people.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

religion has been like this since time began, in time gone by if you didnt go to church or belong to a certain faith you were branded a witch and either burned at the stake or dunked under water, and if you didn't survive it was a case "oop's sorry we were wrong", they have also had far to much influence over goverments as well in the past they used have a large influence over how the kings and queens ran the uk and even now they sit in the house of lord controling what laws come into power

Thats really only western religion. You wouldntfind any of that in my religion of Buddhism, infact, it would be hard to find in Hinduism too.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

For the Catholic Church, as for the legal system, a murder is worse than a rape.

So many double standards the Catholic church has I swear. They should know about rape after all some of their priests raped young boys an got away with it.

The Catholic Church considers abortion a murder, so it is a worse offense.

Do they consider child molestation off little boys or rape as a Worse Offence?

That does not mean that he shouldn't have said that about the abortion without saying anything about the rape, but, once again, he only spoke in his name, he doesn't even have authority to excommunicate those people.

That is what confuses me about the Catholic Chruch, they excommunicate anyone who does not conform to their doctrine, while at the same time they protect their own priests from prosecution.

Double standards, with one hand they preach Abortion is an offence, while they do not class molestation or the rape of young boys in the same catergory .

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

That is what confuses me about the Catholic Chruch, they excommunicate anyone who does not conform to their doctrine, while at the same time they protect their own priests from prosecution.

I find that the easiest part to understand, every organisation has its rules and its punishments for those who break the rules.
Different rules have different punishments for those who break them, thats all.

Double standards, with one hand they preach Abortion is an offence, while they do not class molestation or the rape of young boys in the same catergory .

I don't think it as double standards, almost every country considers murder worst than rape, why shouldn't the Catholic Church have the same principle?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmind
Your post also gives the impression that a termination would be worse for the 11-year old girl than rape.

Subjecting an 11 year old to an abortion is at least as evil as rape because the girl is being violated as much in the act of abortion as she was in the act of rape. In a way, the crime of abortion is a worse assault on the victim than rape because it results in the destruction of life rather than its creation.

Few crimes are more vile than rape.

I couldn't agree more.

This is a point that always enrages me. We do not live in a morally black and white universe. Abortion is in the grey area in between.

Abortion is not in a grey area for Catholics. To Catholics abortion is murder and therefore it is not to be tolerated.

As for a spiritual risk, we no longer live in the Ninth Century.

The century is completely irrelevent. We're talking about the murder of an innocent human life through abortion. Murder was evil 2000 years ago....it is evil today...and will always be evil in the future.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OK and here's yet another example of the hypocrisy of the RC. Down through the years, many nuns have received abortion because it would have been too embarassing to the Church to admit that some of their nuns had gotten pregnant. And I do remember while traveling through Europe, seeing gravesites where the nuns' illegitimate babies were buried after murdering them.

Seems like the argument that the Catholic Church deems murder worse than rape just doesn't hold water.

P.S. - I was raised as a Catholic until I graduated high school, went to Catholic school until college, had catechism and everything. There is very little about Catholic beliefs that I don't know, so please don't anyone try to explain to me the thinking behind the RC, I already know all the rules and regulations. I'm not saying anyone has, just trying to save a waste of time and space.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Which is why I'm no longer catholic and I must agree the catholic church is a garbage cult. I'd rather be a southern baptist if I had a choice between the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join