It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Catholic Church is Disgusting, Immoral and Wicked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The Vatican has announced that it is excommunicating all those involved with Columbia's first legal abortion.

Despite the fact that the abortion was carried out on an 11 year old girl who was raped.

The Cardinal involved then went on to discribe those involved with the operation as 'Evildoers' whilst not commenting on the rapist.

Full artice Here

Words really fail me. God alone knows what church thinks the rape of an 11 year old is more acceptable than allowing her to live as normal a life as possible.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
there is also the fact that they ban contraception, effectively condeming the vast majority of the religious nuts in africa to death. and when their priest's get caught abusing children instead of reporting it to the authorities it very often gets moved to a new area and covered up

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I agree that the Catholic Church can be a little radical in their approach to contraception etc. This is because it also believes that marriages are ALSO for procreation and THAT is why they don’t condone the use of contraception (not because they want everyone in “Africa” to be susceptible to disease). Another thing, these priests that abuse kids are NOT only from Africa as it may appear in the message above. I fear that this sort of assumption or mentality is typical of the education, or lack thereof, received throughout the world and people walking around with blinkers on. People – this # is going on in YOUR neighbour hoods NOT JUST AFRICA.

The Catholic Church is not against abortion per say, but in murder. The 5th commandment – Thy shalt not kill. THAT is where the church is against abortions because THAT is the issue. Humans are “GOD’S” creation not mans’ creation and that is why the catholic church enforces the commandments – as mentioned above.

In terms of Contraception, ” Pope Benedict XVI has empowered a panel to examine the use of condoms to prevent AIDS, specifically in the case of protection of married spouses from infection by a spouse infected with AIDS. Use of condoms by such afflicted Catholic couples must only be for prevention of disease and not for contraception.” Full story here: www.religionandspirituality.com...

I guess this just moves into the realms of ignorance. Get with the program.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
The Vatican has announced that it is excommunicating all those involved with Columbia's first legal abortion.

Despite the fact that the abortion was carried out on an 11 year old girl who was raped.

The Cardinal involved then went on to discribe those involved with the operation as 'Evildoers' whilst not commenting on the rapist.

Full artice Here

Words really fail me. God alone knows what church thinks the rape of an 11 year old is more acceptable than allowing her to live as normal a life as possible.

From the Catholic point of view, human life begins at conception. With that conviction it is considered destruction of human life when the development of an unborn child is aborted. This is equivalent to murder to Catholics, so it is their moral duty to oppose abortion, even when it involves an assault on an innocent girl because it becomes a choice between the worst of two evils.

The murder of an unborn baby is a much worse evil than the rape of an 11 year old child. Both are terrible evils, but the rape of a young girl will not be undone or made any less tragic by killing the innocent child in the womb. In fact, it only makes the tragedy worse because then a child has been killed in addition to the one that was raped.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
...moral duty to oppose abortion, even when it involves an assault on an innocent girl because it becomes a choice between the worst of two evils.

The murder of an unborn baby is a much worse evil than the rape of an 11 year old child. Both are terrible evils, but the rape of a young girl will not be undone or made any less tragic by killing the innocent child in the womb. In fact, it only makes the tragedy worse because then a child has been killed in addition to the one that was raped.

Man, I was starting to feel lonely on this thread - like the only spec of human intelligence until now. Thanks Skyway for "showing up".

[edit on 31/8/2006 by shearder]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
SkyWay
So you think it's right for the church to demand an 11 years old girl give birth when she's only and child herself?
There are severe heath risks involved as well as there is a high possibility that both childrens (the 11 years old and her child) life would be ruined?

It's just sick to force an 11 years old girl to be a mother, just because some twat 3000 years ago wrote something...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This was not an official statement by the Catholic Church, it was a personal statement of that Cardinal, Alfonso López Trujillo, who is also a Colombian.

Also, in that article, it says:

The president of Colombia's ecclesiastic tribunal, Monsignor Libardo Ramírez, said according to canonical law excommunication was applied to anyone who participated in the "murder of a child in the womb".

If that is the Church's law, then it would be a normal reaction.

But the article also says:

But he added that it would be up to Cardinal Rubiano Sáenz, as the leading figure of the Roman Catholic church in Colombia, to decide whether to formally apply the sanctions and to whom.

As you can see, this is not a decision of the Catholic Church, each case is considered on its own, and its not the Vatican who makes the excommunication, at least in these cases.

So, I do not find anything that makes the Catholic Church disgusting just because a Cardinal had harsh words against the responsibles for the abortion and none against the responsible for the girl's rape.

Do I think that this Cardinal should have kept his mouth shut?
Yes, or at least it should have noted that even in cases like this the Church is against the abortion, as is against rape.

PS: I was baptized as a Catholic because I was only some months old, it was not my option. Today I am an atheist.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
There are severe heath risks involved as well as there is a high possibility that both childrens (the 11 years old and her child) life would be ruined?

It's just sick to force an 11 years old girl to be a mother, just because some twat 3000 years ago wrote something...

Maybe a tad off topic, but in all honesty their are girls that young giving birth and I think a blanket assumption that two lives are ruined is a bit over the top.

Also, I do believe that 3000 years ago women that young were married and starting families. Just a thought to consider (even though I don't thing it was written quite that long ago).

[edit on 8/31/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Quite honestly, if it was my child and I felt strongly enough and abortion was legal in the country i was living in, i quite openly would say SCR3W the church and go and get the abortion done! I can still pray to whomever i please even if i am not allowed into the church building. The church has a lot of "choices" not constraints. It's all up to "you".

And I am a Catholic!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
Another thing, these priests that abuse kids are NOT only from Africa as it may appear in the message above. I fear that this sort of assumption or mentality is typical of the education, or lack thereof, received throughout the world and people walking around with blinkers on. People – this # is going on in YOUR neighbour hoods NOT JUST AFRICA.

Just thought I'd mention that I got the impression that solidshot was referring to paedophile priests in general, not specifically ones in Africa.

Still think the girl should be allowed to do what she wants, hasn't she been through enough as its? Let her decide. I'm not a christian but if god is god I'm sure he'd be able to make an exception regardless of opinions of those muppets in the church.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
Man, I was starting to feel lonely on this thread - like the only spec of human intelligence until now. Thanks Skyway for "showing up".

I'm multi-tasking right now so it may take a while to get a chance to respond. I just wanted to say, while I have the chance, that you are not alone, shearder! I am with you ALL THE WAY! And there are many more who stand with us...on Earth...and in Heaven!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
SkyWay
So you think it's right for the church to demand an 11 years old girl give birth when she's only and child herself?

The abortionist is biggest health risk is to the unborn child AND to the young mother! To the child the threat is physical...to the girl it is spiritual because it gives her the evil impression that termination of life is acceptable.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes there are health risk's with abortion but there are also risk's with pregnancy in general and the birth process, you also have to take into acount that being forced to carry and give birth to a child that you do not want will only cause resentment and hatred of that child and potentialy cause the mother to suffer mental problems caused by this process?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
The abortionist is biggest health risk is to the unborn child AND to the young mother! To the child the threat is physical...to the girl it is spiritual because it gives her the evil impression that termination of life is acceptable.

Your post also gives the impression that a termination would be worse for the 11-year old girl than rape. Few crimes are more vile than rape. This is a point that always enrages me. We do not live in a morally black and white universe. Abortion is in the grey area in between. I might not like abortion that much, but I think it's necessary at times and is also none of my business, as I am a man.
As for a spiritual risk, we no longer live in the Ninth Century.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Spot on Darkmind.

An 11 year olds body is not fully developed, could the child even carry the child to term? (reread that sentance, it demonstrates how disgusting this is) Is it fair to risk her life for an abstract ideal?

Its is quite possible that both mother and child would die. Is an 11 girl worth less than an embryo that shes had forced upon her?

The very idea that people defend this sickens me.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The Catholic church does not approve of murdering unborn children no matter how they were concieved.

If you don't believe that .. don't be Catholic. It's very simple.

There are other religions in the world. If you can't (or won't) understand that abortion kills a human being then don't be Catholic.

I highly doubt she'd carry to term anyways. Nature would most likely have miscarried the child.

Forcing a traumatized rape victim to murder her unborn child just adds to her future problems.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Spot on Darkmind.

An 11 year olds body is not fully developed, could the child even carry the child to term? (reread that sentance, it demonstrates how disgusting this is) Is it fair to risk her life for an abstract ideal?

Its is quite possible that both mother and child would die. Is an 11 girl worth less than an embryo that shes had forced upon her?

The very idea that people defend this sickens me.

The fact that it sickens you merely shows YOUR OWN NEED to impose YOUR VALUE SYSTEM on everyone else.

The church doesn't have any temporal power, it cannot arrest the doctors who did this--the only penalty is that they are no longer considered catholic, IF the local church leader were to make such a decision, which he HASN'T.

You also assume that this 11-year old has CHOSEN an abortion. For all we know, the victims PARENTS are forcing the "choice" on her.

But it's sick and disgusting, apparently, if anyone disagrees with your own moral choices.

I'm having trouble remembering who the bigots are here.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
perhaps the story isn't true...

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes, sorry i find the rape of kids worse than a legal abortion. Shall reset my moral compass forthwith.

Can an 11 year old consent to such a drastic procedure? She cant drink, vote, drive or have sex legally. Surely the parents are the ones in the position to make this desicion for her.

Moral judgement is all well and good. But common sense has to play a part. Abortion is horrible and in a ideal world wouldnt happen. But from time to time there is a case that, should the person or family involved request it an abortion is perhaps a necessary evil.

I think this situation meets those requirements.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Organized religion in general has been perverted by the perverts into nothing more than a money-making gimmick.

IMO, they prey on people's fear's, ignorance and insecurities.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join