It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Has Forgotten 9/11/01

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No war wolf the cases were dismissed by the Ohio Supreme Court.

Oh let me guess....since its a result that YOU don't agree with, then it is a conspriracy!!! Ohhhhhhhhhh!

There were numerous pictures of air craft parts.

There were multiple scientific studies and arcutechical studies performed for the collasped towers.

But individuals like you decide to be ignorant and make-up excuses.

THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT WAR-WOLF.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Actually no, I don't care one way or the other about that, nor do I honestly know enough about the story, on either side. I was merely stating in defense of those you were bashing, what they're views most likely are.

And whats with the Ooooooooooooooh? Is that really necessary? Grow up.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I doubt very much that the United States has forgotten 9/11. However, It might well have forgotten how it funded terrorism before the WTC attack.

1996: Huge explosion rocks central Manchester

A massive bomb has devastated a busy shopping area in central Manchester.
Two hundred people were injured in the attack, mostly by flying glass, and seven are said to be in a serious condition. Police believe the IRA planted the device.

The bomb exploded at about 1120 BST on Corporation Street outside the Arndale shopping centre.

It is the seventh attack by the Irish Republican group since it broke its ceasefire in February and is the second largest on the British mainland.

Source.

Why is this relevant? Well:

Their cause has always been a united Ireland, but much of the cash that funds republican groups comes from the United States. So how will they fare amid the new crackdown on terrorism?

It took the attacks on 11 September to bring the full horror of terror attacks home to many Americans. And their sense of outrage is compounded by a feeling that this is a war on terror that cannot be won easily.

Source.

Please excuse me if i find the hypocrisy distasteful.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
impolsion.................how selective of you.........funding may have come from the US but from what sources in the US?

The tone of your comment suggests the US government was funding the IRA and not IRA support groups located in the US, is that what you think?

And war-wolf -

Here you go commenting and presenting false facts and when real facts are provided to you your excuse is:

IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER TO ME.

In others words you've done no research yourself and yet others (not you that I know of) continue to spread false facts with no research at all allowing someone else to provide you with information because they may be anti-bush or anti-US also.

This site states: DENY IGNORANCE - something this site used to do very well. Now it appears to be filled with sheep.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If you'd bothered to read the link I so helpfully provided you, you may have come across these paragraphs:

Following the emergence of the modern republican movement in 1969, the Provisional IRA quickly turned to its Irish-American supporters for funds and guns...

Ulster Unionist MP Jeffrey Donaldson wants to see the strong measures extended to Noraid, which raises money for the republican party Sinn Fein, which itself has links with the Provisional IRA.

There's mutual regard between the Irish and the Americans

"Without their funding, the IRA would not have nearly the same potential for violence that it currently has," he says.

Source.

Funny how quickly it changes when you're the target.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It doesn't change anything.........I didn't view your link. What is interesting is that in your first 'quote' you left out the part of Irish-American supporters and made it seem like to US government was involved.

The US is a free country. There are many groups which people don't like or agree with (ie skinheads, black panthers) which could contribute to different types of terrorism ( I assume the IRA was considered a terrorist group?).

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If you can't be bothered to read the links and decide instead to rely on assumption, then I can't be bothered to discuss it with you, and I certainly can't be bothered to care about the way it "seemed" to you.

[edit on 31/8/06 by Implosion]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am no nationalist. The country I was born into really means nothing to me especially considering what I found out about it as I grew up.

I will not stand by or be unified with any war crazed lunatics. There are far too many to ever be connected to the entirety of humanity.

Remembering 9/11 has cost untold thousands of lives and will cost more as the years drag on.

It is best to forget it or get to to bottom of the conspiracy and end the wars undertaken as a result from it.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I am no nationalist. The country I was born into really means nothing to me especially considering what I found out about it as I grew up.

I will not stand by or be unified with any war crazed lunatics. There are far too many to ever be connected to the entirety of humanity.

Remembering 9/11 has cost untold thousands of lives and will cost more as the years drag on.

It is best to forget it or get to to bottom of the conspiracy and end the wars undertaken as a result from it.

you dont want unity, but you want to get to the bottom of the conspiracy. that wont be accomplished unless we ARE united as we were on 9/12/01. you want to end the wars ? well it would take unity to accomplish your goals. im with you man, i want to know the whole truth to 9/11. i want american bombs to stop killing innocent people in arab counties. i want the death to stop. if the world is divided, as we have been throughout history, we will accomplish neither. the usa NEEDS to be united if we ever want to know the exact truth to 9/11. a united america is the only america that could find the truth. say we found our smoking gun, well if our country is divided at that moment, it will be a blood bath.

if we can find unity before we find the truth , then we could actually do something about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Never forget WHAT exactly? Never forget a heap of rubble? A few thousand deaths? A dip in the stockmarket? Not being able to fly for a couple of days?

Frankly, 9/11/01, though horrible, is probably the single most disproportionately represented disaster in recent memory. As wars go, that was just a bad day at the office, no pun intended.

It happens. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off, whack the goober who did it upside the head so hard that his kids come out cross-eyed, and you move on.

If there were a lesson to learn from 9/11, I'd sing another tune. If there was some moral people were asking us to remember, fine. I've been saying this since the 1st anniversary.

9/11 must only be remembered for the selflessness that was shown on that day, and in its approach, in its observance, and in its fading again should be an inspiration to similar spirit. Let 9/11 mean these things, without mourning nor wrath, lest we celebrate a day of death.

I refuse to dwell on sadness. I refuse to focus on a war that all but ended 4 years ago. I refuse to develop a victim complex. Above all, I refuse to let one headline event define the time in which I live and the way in whcih I view it.

Do you know why 9/11 was forgotten? First and foremost, because nobody ever learned from it to begin with, and secondly because nobody made this big a deal of the anniversary up until the Republican Party got in this much trouble.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i won't forget 9/11

i still haven't

and i die a little every time 9/11 is invoked for personal/political gain

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
i just wish america would do the same. LETS REMEMBER 9/11 . lets remember the unity we shared, lets remember the love we shared , lets remember the compassion we shared for all americans and all humans on that day.
NEVER FORGET AMERICA. UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

I like your post a lot, but I will post my opinion on the state of America now. The reason is not that they have forgotten(how can you when 9/11 is still on the daily news used in phrases like "since 9/11, security still hasn't..." or "you know, 9/11 rocked America and now those terrorists want nuclear weapons, and with Al-Qaeda in complete disorganization and chaos, I believe Iran has picked up the torch..." etc., etc., etc. We got used to death on our land. We got so used to it that if an attack of LIKE magnitude happened again we wouldn't really care. Because we are so ignorant that we know our lives will go on the same for another five years. We learned that we had nothing to be afraid of even though most of us were. We learned that it wasn't a war. It was just an attack by a group incapable of sustaining war(offensively) outside of their borders.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Never forget WHAT exactly?

never forget to actually read the whole thread. im sorry you didnt get the message i was trying to convey.

i never said remember the rubble. i never said remember the stock market collapse. i never said remember being grounded for days.

if you didnt get the idea i was trying to state, i cant say anything here to get it through to you. i just want to know...... what kind of selfishness are you talking about on 9/11???????????????

If there were a lesson to learn from 9/11, I'd sing another tune. If there was some moral people were asking us to remember, fine. I've been saying this since the 1st anniversary.

there is a lesson to learn, we all saw it live on tv. the lesson is humans are evil. the moral is humans have an amazing potential for good. are you from france or iran?

Do you know why 9/11 was forgotten? First and foremost, because nobody ever learned from it to begin with, and secondly because nobody made this big a deal of the anniversary up until the Republican Party got in this much trouble.

you just finished saying there was no lesson to learn from 9/11 . now you say nobody remembers 9/11, because we never learned from it? im confused but that happens easily. i will agree with you here though, people forgot , because they forget the lessons learned that day.

its pitiful humans can let such memories fade. if you dont understand humanity was one step closer on 9/11 i dont know what to say .

it just seems some of us are too consumed with our hatred towards bush or anyone else we dont agree with to actually see any hope when the sunrises.
im not talking about you, just americans in general. we are so divided.

if your wondering, im a moderate democrat, and i worked my ass off for 2 months to dethrone W in the 2004 election. im just telling this to anyone who assumes im a bush lover for making this thread. peace

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
People were united by compassion for those who were lost
which was replaced by anger
then hate
now fear

We do need unity in this country. However, I seriously doubt it will come because of a catasrophy. That type of unity is always illusionary. We need sincere compasion and a sense of morality, and sadly i believe that is lost at this present time.
Until we get above the notion that the world is a game of risk, we will always be divided by those who want peace and those who want war.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by xEphon]

I concur with your statement, I think about 9/11 all the time, I sat in my frontroom on the couch that day and watched all of it, I was in total shock at what had taken place and then they show Bush at the school just sitting there with a stupid look on his face, he already knew about the first building being hit before he even entered into that school......... I heard he was still in the car at that time. What the he$$ was he thinking going into the school to read to children

Yes I remember the HORROR of that day,... I even have the newspapers saved from that week to reread if I want BUT that doesn't excuse the fool sitting in the white house/ going on his little vacations all the time for starting a new HORROR for an innocent country that did nothing to us/ was not attacking us,... just because the "fool" wanted to play War-Games and not giving a crap as to how many dies in the process.

The reason I connect 9/11 and the attack on Iraq is because THEY ARE CONNECTED thanks to George W Bush & Co., so when we talk about 9/11, what happened and how we felt at that time, we will also talk about Bush's biggest screw-up when he attacked a country that WAS NOT a THREAT to the USA and that is Iraq

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chibidai_rrr

I like your post a lot, but I will post my opinion on the state of America now. The reason is not that they have forgotten(how can you when 9/11 is still on the daily news used in phrases like "since 9/11, security still hasn't..." or "you know, 9/11 rocked America and now those terrorists want nuclear weapons, and with Al-Qaeda in complete disorganization and chaos, I believe Iran has picked up the torch..." etc., etc., etc. We got used to death on our land. We got so used to it that if an attack of LIKE magnitude happened again we wouldn't really care. Because we are so ignorant that we know our lives will go on the same for another five years. We learned that we had nothing to be afraid of even though most of us were. We learned that it wasn't a war. It was just an attack by a group incapable of sustaining war(offensively) outside of their borders.

we will never forget the horror, becaue like you said, its become political and such a driving force for the entertainment and media industries.

what we have forgotten is the humanism we all learned that day. that is what we need to remember again. i must go play soccer with my kid, peace all.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

After 4 court case involving 'voter irregularities' in Ohio have be dismissed because nothing was proven....people here STILL say that cheating went on.

There WERE "voter irregularities"

! It happened here in Iowa too
. How do I know ??? I worked the voter's polling station in my district, I was at the poll all but two hours out of the intire day, our voter's machine "broke-down" about 3 1/2 hours before the polls closed, hmmmmmm that's what happens when we're stuck using machines made by Bush's sister-in-law's family-connection

So Ohio wasn't the only state that had "voter's irregularities"
it helps when a person has "connections" for an important election such as it was,.......... watch it will happen again here in a few weeks,... Bush need the Republicans in both house and senate to keep his agenda on track

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
What does the President have to say about the man we were supposed to be looking for?

"Were not concerned about him anymore."

I know some people keep using that as a reason for bashing the president, but do you know in what context did he say that?... What was happening at that moment that he said that?... Was that comment made when Katrina happened?, if it was so then yes, at that moment the real issue was to concentrate on what was happening in the affected areas and not on Osama Bin Laden at that moment....

Anyways, do you know in what context and what else was he talking about when he made that comment?....

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I did not bother to read the entire thread but here is my take.

Did we forget ... No. But there is alot more paranoia now. Look at the guy who is getting sued by a boat owner for using their boat to help katrina victims. Nobody wants to "unite" any more cause it seems everyone will find a way to turn any sitaution to their advantage to make money or for "15 minutes"

Another example: A person was seen hitting on a woman at a stop light. If anyone would have stopped to help her... what would have happened? The helper would get in trouble. And the girl would proabably go back with the guy after his night in jail. Is it worth it?

Look at what happens to burglers if you try to defend yourself.. you get sued or you have to spend a butload to defend your plea in court.

This is why people to not band together anymore. The majority of people have become greedy and the rest have gone into a self survival mode. I try my best to stay out of trouble.. not for myself, but to make sure I can guide and protect my daughter.

And in regards to unity.. unity is only good with diversity. Without soemone questioning your cause... you never get the "what if" part of your cause. If you want people to congregate together, its going to have to be in more and more in secret...

The basis is people are having a hard enough time just sustaining themselves. And the people who still have more to give are afraid of falling below the point of self preservation. As I said earlier.. Until my daghter is capable of making educated decisions I must be there for her. Unitl She is ready I may have to be selfish as she is comes first in my list of priorities.

So in essance I gave you a glimpse of the cause of the problem you stated. But these are caused by underying problems. First rule in problem solving is asking the right question

[edit on 31-8-2006 by scoobdude]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I doubt very much that the United States has forgotten 9/11. However, It might well have forgotten how it funded terrorism before the WTC attack.

1996: Huge explosion rocks central Manchester

Why is this relevant? Well:

Their cause has always been a united Ireland, but much of the cash that funds republican groups comes from the United States. So how will they fare amid the new crackdown on terrorism?

It took the attacks on 11 September to bring the full horror of terror attacks home to many Americans. And their sense of outrage is compounded by a feeling that this is a war on terror that cannot be won easily.

Source.

Please excuse me if i find the hypocrisy distasteful.

What in the world are you talking about?..... Are there no Irish immigrants in the U.S.... I guess it is not possible that Irish immigrants who have connections with the IRA were the ones to provide that money....

Anyways, this is way off topic and if you are disgusted because there are people, who don't have to be part of a government..., in the United States that take advantage of our system to send money for terrorism or to make a profit through illegal means, then you better be disgusted with the whole world, because it happens everywhere....

Nice try on blaming this also on the United States....

Let's see what it actually says on the article...

Following the emergence of the modern republican movement in 1969, the Provisional IRA quickly turned to its Irish-American supporters for funds and guns.

More than 30 years later, those support networks still exist, although the nature of the relationship has changed during the long road of the peace process.

excerpted from link you provided...

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A large majority have forgotten, but... there are many of us still looking for answers to 9/11, such as myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join