It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Has Forgotten 9/11/01

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
here we are, 12 days from the fifth anniversary of 9/11.

by fate, i slept in that day. i should have been at work long before the attacks, but i slept in. my gf woke me up after the first plane hit. i remember just standing there , looking at the first tower on fire saying WTF , HOLYF, OMFG, over and over. then the second plane hit........we all have our own story.

i just finished watching some clips of what happened that day, and it still shocks me. actually it bothers me more now. it seems, AMERICA HAS FORGOTTEN.

Can all you americans remember how UNITED we were five years ago. well look around you today. americans have become just as ignorant , just as selfish, just as unloving , just as rude, just as hateful as we were before 9/11. probably more. it seems americans are back to the ME way of thinking.

five years ago we would have done anything to help any other american out. we were all brothers , all friends, all together. now that seems to all be lost. how did we let this happen?

in just five years our country went from being as united as we have ever been , to being more divided then i can ever remember. our country is more divided now
then we were after the 2000 presidential fiasco. it is pitiful.

this was obvious during the 2004 presidential election, and i believe the divide has,and still continues to get worse.

i never would have imagined on 9/12/01 that america would go back to its old ways. we were all witness to this terrible day, we all felt as if it was a personal attack on all of us, yet we lost sight of this important date in our history and most seem to care less.

now its back to people only giving a rats ass about one person, themselves.

i thought everyone was as stunned and sickened as i was , and i figured we would truly stand together and do what is right for america. if not forever, at least longer then five years.

how did we forget. how can we be so divided . we had the whole world at our side that day, and now it seems the whole world hates us.

we lost our innocence on 9/11/01 and i feel like on 9/11/06 most of us will care less.
shame on america. shame on every american who forgets the terrible feelings they had that day. shame on every american who forgot the feeling of love and compassion and unity for all americans, for all of mankind that day.

considering america has not become a better place since 9/11/01 , i am losing hope for our future. for mankinds future.

this isnt the time to fight about who we think attacked us that day. it doesnt matter if it was bush and co, the isrealis , or islamofacist. with america divided today, whomever attacked us, has won. only because we the people, have forgotten.

i dont forget you people, the great americans, and all the great people from all the other countries who died on 9/11. its an event that has been imprinted in my mind since that tragic day, and it has only led me to be a better,more compassionate human.

i just wish america would do the same. LETS REMEMBER 9/11 . lets remember the unity we shared, lets remember the love we shared , lets remember the compassion we shared for all americans and all humans on that day.
NEVER FORGET AMERICA. UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL.

here is a tribute video from youtube for those of you who havent watched the events of that day for a while.
www.youtube.com...

in my search for the truth of 9/11 i discovered ATS. it was in 2003.i was a lurker forever
but here we are still looking for the answer. if americans forget this fateful day, if we lose sight of the amazing unity we had on that day,we will never find the answers we seek.

may peace be with us all!

8th

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What about WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Katrina, Pearl Harbor, Oak. city bombing, ect ect ect....

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I would never want that unity back.

because that unity, that groupthink, was the thing that clouded our judgement. We went into a "Lets roll!" mentality and not looking at things logically. We became, if you ask me, more hatefull, intollerant, and ignorant, during that year, a deep seeded anger and hatred for a race of people, and a blood thirst to attack invisible targets that our government claimed were our enemies.

Five years later, we're stuck in a rut, the countries gone to hell, we're stuck in two wars where people are dieing needlessly, and that invisible enemy we were after during our mindless gun-slinging mentality? What does the President have to say about the man we were supposed to be looking for?

"Were not concerned about him anymore."

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8th
What about WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Katrina, Pearl Harbor, Oak. city bombing, ect ect ect....

live television, and the internet are the difference. this is a part of ALL OF US.

Originally posted by WolfofWar
What does the President have to say about the man we were supposed to be looking for?

"Were not concerned about him anymore."

this isnt supposed to become a thread to complain about bush.

we voted the wrong person into office before 9/11 because we were DIVIDED.if we united as a country we never would have had the election problem we had in florida.

im not saying al gore was the better man even though i voted for him.

this thread is intended to bring america back together. so we can make the right decisions for all americans in the future.
you say you dont want that unity. well considering you appear to be a bush hater, the only way we beat your enemy, is standing united.

i must go back to bed so i cant reply till tomorrow. gnight.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I'm not a Bush Basher, I didn't attack Bush, did you even read my post?

His sentiment is the governments sentiment.

End of the day, that unity we had?

It made us look at things in a moment of rage and confusion. We saw an enemy, what the government said was the enemy. We went after this invisible enemy, our unity was that of unwavered angst and anger. We didnt need any proof, we just wanted his head.

What happened five years later? We're in Iraq for no reason, jumping in a plan made in 1994 to make the Defense Contractors the big money.

And what does the government have to say about it? This enemy we were united against? "Oh, we're not concerned about him anymore."

THATS the unity you describe. Thats not something I would be proud of. its less Unity and more groupthink. We got scared, and we became unconcerned with facts and intelligence, and more with hatred and revenge.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
you are selling short the attitude americans had that day. we loved our families, friends , and fellow americans more. we hated our enemies less. if you get sucker punched, do you walk away?

im not saying we need a united sheeple attitude. i never once said that. i never once said anything about gettin revenge on dark skinned arabs.

we both agree america is messed up beyond belief right now. as long as were divided, this problem will not be go away . you dont realize i am with you when you question our motives in the world after 9/11.

im not here saying its ok. im saying if we really want to FIX our great country. if we desire a better humanity. we need to stand together. our commonality is our humanity.

i must go to bed . you can tell me how a divided country will cure our problems. ill read it tomorrow. gnight.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
you are selling short the attitude americans had that day.

?????????? attitude !!!! 9/11/01 was a " cold hard shock" to the American people that day all the way to the core of their being, Attitudes and hate didn't come into play until AFTER the attack and who we were told did it.

we both agree america is messed up beyond belief right now. as long as were divided, this problem will not be go away . you dont realize i am with you when you question our motives in the world after 9/11.

im not here saying its ok. im saying if we really want to FIX our great country. if we desire a better humanity. we need to stand together. our commonality is our humanity.

The problem here is: Our Country is and most likely will remain divided as long as GW Bush & Co are in charge, when their finally OUT, our country can try to heal from the horror that Bush put us through.

Yes, LET'S REMEMBER 9/11/01, let's remember how GW Bush USED our hurt,pain, anger, unstablility, and SHOCK that we were still feeling........... to his advantage to attack a country that had NOTHING to do with 9/11/01, LET'S REMEMBER that GW Bush said [QOUTE] Oh, we're not concerned about him anymore [/QUOTE] (refering to BinLaden ), yes let's do remember all of it, let's remember that the people that voted to keep Bush in office, a man that appears to enjoy seeing death and destruction (IMO ) that HE ordered to happen in Iraq not really giving a crap how many dies on both sides as long as HE gets to control and is in control of it!

I,myself have the greatest respect for our Troops, and the deepest sorrow for the families of the men and women of our troops that are being killed in Iraq, but the fact remains they "the troops" are being killed and FOR WHAT,............ to satisfy the thirst for oil and the thirst for blood on the part of GW Bush & Co ????????

The sooner GW Bush& Co are OUT by whatever means possible,.......... the sooner our American Citizens can finally start to heal from the horror of 9/11/01 and begin to unite as a whole once more but it will NEVER happen as long as Bush&Co are still in charge.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Here's another good video:

www.youtube.com...

I remember that morning well. Seems to me that a lot of people rejected the notion at first, then the blame game ensued.

There's supposed to be some "good" documentary on the networks, but I'll agree with the original poster that America will want a polished version of events, as people don't, won't deal with what that find offensive to their given set of desires (only accepting what is tolerable).

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I agree with you elitegamer23. We have forgotten. I wrote a similar thread yesterday morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's really ashame that:
1) It takes such a horrific event to unify
2) That such a horrible thing can just be forgotten

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Lets all remember that "false" sense of unity, and all the lies that followed it, the beginning of the Bush era. Our wartime president...had the opportunity to become just that.....THE WARTIME PRESIDENT.

How convenient.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Bottom line is that it bought us together as a country. You could not find a flag ANYWHERE, and everyone looked at each other with the same blank stare. We all cried when the children spoke of losing their fathers, and wives of husbands and Mothers of sons. Our country was attacked, and 3000 people died, along with the destruction of the Financial cornerstones of the West with the collapse of the WTC.

This is not about Bush and co, and I it scares me to think that people believe a change in office will change anything about the attitude of Radicals waging and inciting war against the West.

9/11 should be a time for reflection and realizing that at anytime, anyplace, anywhere, by any means, we can be taken from our loved ones in any type of accident, not jsut a terror attack.

America has become complacent, and we are nearing the levels of self gratification and selfishness that were evident pre-9/11. We should have only needed one wake up call, and hopefully I will not live near the next one.

Here is a link to a 9/11 song that some of you might enjoy.
www.myspace.com/foxfallen

It is called Remember This, and we all should. Americas future relies on the groundwork we can lay now for our children.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Lets all remember that "false" sense of unity, and all the lies that followed it, the beginning of the Bush era. Our wartime president...had the opportunity to become just that.....THE WARTIME PRESIDENT.

How convenient.

i respect your opinion dgtempe, i feel we are both on the same side when it comes to bush. this thread isnt about bush, its not about what has happened in the world since 9/11. its about america. its about that amazing unity we had after this day. when you say it was a false sence of unity, you're looking at it with a biased perspective. you cant deny we all felt a love for each other , and for mankind.

in the days after 9/11 you couldnt see BLUE states, or RED states. you could only see the UNITED states. in the days after 9/11 there was no white america, there was no black america, there was no brown america, there was only the united states of america.

i dont understand how you can say HUMANITY didnt for once in time, realize there is more to this world. how you can say americans werent united for the best. yeah so our leaders may have chosen the wrong path since, that isnt what this thread is about.

the united states of america is like one big dysfunctional family. what do you expect, its the melting pot of the world. on 9/11 we all felt like we lost one of our own, and we all grieved together and we all came together. we mourned together, and we loved each other more. this gave me hope for mankind. if america , the most diverse place on earth can become truly united, maybe all humans can realize our common bond, our humanity.

sadly after five years , americans are back to what we were before 9/11. we only care about our material desires, and our egos , and we are as divided as ever.

who is our enemy? who attacked us that day? it doesnt matter. until america is truly UNITED, like we were on 9/12/01 we will never find the true answers. we will never be able to defeat our true enemy.

we will never be able to truly make the right choices for the usa, and for mankind.

i must get back to work, thanks for replying people. all i ask of you is to treat you neighbors better, respect your fellow americans more. live for peace , dont let hatred consume you. most of all, DONT FORGET THE UNITY WE HAD ON 9/12/01.

if you want to really fix america, lets become one nation, indivisible .

thanks for understanding exactly what im trying to get at esdad. your link didnt seem to work, so i am going to attempt to fix it. myspace.com...

please people come together as one.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
People were united by compassion for those who were lost
which was replaced by anger
then hate
now fear

We do need unity in this country. However, I seriously doubt it will come because of a catasrophy. That type of unity is always illusionary. We need sincere compasion and a sense of morality, and sadly i believe that is lost at this present time.
Until we get above the notion that the world is a game of risk, we will always be divided by those who want peace and those who want war.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
lombozo i enjoyed reading your post and its exactly what im getting at. its shame we forgot that feeling we shared on 9/11. read this people, come back together for our childrens sake. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by xEphon
People were united by compassion for those who were lost
which was replaced by anger
then hate
now fear

We do need unity in this country. However, I seriously doubt it will come because of a catasrophy. That type of unity is always illusionary. We need sincere compasion and a sense of morality, and sadly i believe that is lost at this present time.
Until we get above the notion that the world is a game of risk, we will always be divided by those who want peace and those who want war.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by xEphon]

yes its sad we went from anger, to hate, to fear. we were taken advantage of when we were down. when you say we will always be divided by those who want peace and those who want war you must realize something. a huge majority of humans want nothing but peace and happiness for themselves, and their families. that is why i believe we can become united , truly united.

look at this cartoon i found.
www.spanishladyranch.com...

the flag you see isnt a flag of war. its meant to be a symbol of freedom. do you remember these days? look around you now, the flags are gone.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Elite Gamer-

I remember....and I remember how I felt that day...seeing the second plane hit, watching the towers fall.

You know, one thing i remember very clearly, was the realization that there were people on the planes also...the fear they must have had. For some reason, it didn't hit me until later in the day....i really don't know why.

The days afterward with all the pictures of lost loved ones, God, how absolutly heart wrenching..........

Yes, i hugged my husband a little harder, spared my criticism towards people i didn't like, and as the pain wore off, learned to laugh more.......

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A country is nothing without unity. The majority, now if not soon, vast majority of people in this country are 65 or older. Fact. Without the unity of their collective consciousness, we are seriously up the creek. That being said, it is the safest sociological choice of any thinking politician to gamble on gaining their trust and the security behind their consenus.

Therefore, because the majority of those people who are over 65 are not as influenced by the technology of computers (read: technology that helps us forget at the speed of light), the country MUST be governed by an individual who can continually allow that collective unconscious to "forget". I don't want to even know the numbers behind the science that allows us to know exactly what that means, but I do know this: The United Sates is what it is - an aging population in flux that is unfortunately changing the currency of war-time conversion economies into a technology based economy for the near future. This means unity will have to be, temporarily as far as Americans are concerned, a divided fantasy.

End note: this is not necessarily an unhealthy choice for us. Enjoy the leaps and bounds that can be observed through the looking glass called the Web. Many older people can not see it as many of you posting on this thread can.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bothered
Here's another good video:

www.youtube.com...

I remember that morning well. Seems to me that a lot of people rejected the notion at first, then the blame game ensued.

There's supposed to be some "good" documentary on the networks, but I'll agree with the original poster that America will want a polished version of events, as people don't, won't deal with what that find offensive to their given set of desires (only accepting what is tolerable).

great find bothered. i wish all americans could see this to help us all remember. we wont evolve as humans , if we are too busy fighting one another.

Originally posted by aimlessly
Elite Gamer-

I remember....and I remember how I felt that day...seeing the second plane hit, watching the towers fall.

You know, one thing i remember very clearly, was the realization that there were people on the planes also...the fear they must have had. For some reason, it didn't hit me until later in the day....i really don't know why.

The days afterward with all the pictures of lost loved ones, God, how absolutly heart wrenching..........

Yes, i hugged my husband a little harder, spared my criticism towards people i didn't like, and as the pain wore off, learned to laugh more.......

dont forget the pain!
hug your husband even harder in these days leading up to the fifth anniversary. everyone take time out in your busy lives to call your family and tell them you love them. dont forget to kiss your kids goodnight in these days leading up to the fifth anniversary. treat your fellow humans with more respect, treat them as though they are your brothers.

we are all in this together. lets stand together.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
these are the people we lost on 9/11.

www.september11victims.com...

you dont need to read all their names. just scroll down the page, and it will say enough.

here is another list, with pictures.

www.cnn.com...

here is the list of people lost in the war on terror.
projects.washingtonpost.com...

WOW!!!!! i swear to god i clicked on one face to see how the page worked , and it was someone from my hometown. i have goosebumps!!!!!!!! what are the chances of that?? to honor this man from my hometown, ill post his name.
projects.washingtonpost.com...

im nervous putting this war list here because it could turn this thread into a political battle, but these men died believing they were fighting the right fight. they died for the people of 9/11 and they died for all americans. DONT THINK IM SAYING THE WAR IN IRAQ IS RIGHT, AND DONT THINK IM SAYING ITS BECAUSE OF 9/11. we just have to honor the men and women who fight for freedom.

im sorry i dont have time right now to find a list of all the men and women, from other countries who died in the wars after 9/11. i ran out of time and i must go pick up my kid from school. ill attempt to do it later , but i must run now. peace

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The problem is that the 'voicing majority' has returned back to their selfish, backward ways pre-9/11. The Clinton years really messed up the integrity of this country. During Clintons 8 years political correctness developed and has virtually turned a vast majority into the close minded me, me, me/anti-bush generation instead of working together.

It is a Truly pathetic situation some people are in and it is going to cause great harm to this country in the future if it is not changed.

examples:

After 4 court case involving 'voter irregularities' in Ohio have be dismissed because nothing was proven....people here STILL say that cheating went on.

These people are blind and unwilling to accept FACTS.

Another example:

After photographic evidence as shown that a plane crashed into the Pentagon these people refuse to accept the FACTS.

Even another one:

After sceintific investigation regarding the collapse of the twin towers showing that the WERE NO EXPLOSIVES.

These people refuse to accept the FACTS.

Sad and pathetic life certian individuals lead.......there will be no unity in this country until they change their attitudes.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
After 4 court case involving 'voter irregularities' in Ohio have be dismissed because nothing was proven....people here STILL say that cheating went on.

And who did the investigations? OH right...the people that were voted in.

After photographic evidence as shown that a plane crashed into the Pentagon these people refuse to accept the FACTS.

There is no photographic evidence. The most we got were four screen captures from a time elapse camera marked one day later that shows an explosion. It shows no plane, it could've been a missile that hit from all we know in that video. And the cameras in the building and on other peoples that WOULD'VE seen the plane were confiscated and locked away, never to be seen again. There were atleast 8 cameras on that wall and other walls, all active, many not even damaged. None of them captured anything? How about the video cameras in the building? How about the Gas Station whos security camera was pointed right at the pentagon? Oh right...confiscated...

After sceintific investigation regarding the collapse of the twin towers showing that the WERE NO EXPLOSIVES.

Nobody will accept a scientific investigation from a government regulated Administration whos report is erronious, inconclusive, and shadey.

All they showed is they knew how to make a quick, and shakey cover story, nothing more.

There were no explosives,It just collapsed for no reason, from a small fire that barely produced enough heat to bring the steel to half strength.

Yeah, and JFK was only hit by one bullet. e.e

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join