It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices could go down to 2 dollars by thanksgiving...but something doesnt seem right

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Actually, Bush tried to reduce the stress on refineries by limiting the regional regulations regarding gasoline blends. I don't remember if the was successful or not.

Google Search

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Ya know Grady...

I don't know... I remember the administration wanting to regulate the refineries to refining fuel to where they were located ( I think I heard it on the MSM )...

Which would be a good thing, you wouldn't have to truck it accross the state/nation...

But...I don't know what happened to it either, but I do know... that it was talked about ( thru the MSM ) that there was to be more refineries built, due to Katrina?...

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong here...but I remember hearing it on the MSM...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Here's an item on the subject dated in April:

www.breitbart.com...

Here's some commentary on the subject"

www.willisms.com...

Google Search

[edit on 2006/9/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder if the problems we're having with gas prices could have anything to do with this. It appears that deals were made in 1975 by one of our Republican Presidents with Israel over oil,.... it even goes on to say that our Gov't agreed to give Israel the oil even if it mean shortages for the USA.

Paritzky said he was certain the USA would respond favourably to the idea of resurrecting the pipeline. Indeed, according to Western diplomatic sources in the region, the USA has discussed this with Iraqi opposition groups.

It is understood from diplomatic sources that the Bush administration has said it will not support lifting UN sanctions on Iraq unless Saddam's successors agree to supply Israel with oil.

All of this lends weight to the theory that Bush's war is part of a masterplan to reshape the Middle East to serve Israel's interests. Haaretz quoted Paritzky as saying that the pipeline project is economically justifiable because it would dramatically reduce Israel's energy bill.

US efforts to get Iraqi oil to Israel are not surprising. Under a 1975 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), the US guaranteed all Israel's oil needs in the event of a crisis. The MoU, which has been quietly renewed every five years, also committed the USA to construct and stock a supplementary strategic reserve for Israel, equivalent to some US$3bn in 2002. Special legislation was enacted to exempt Israel from restrictions on oil exports from the USA.

Moreover, the USA agreed to divert oil from its home market, even if that entailed domestic shortages, and guaranteed delivery of the promised oil in its own tankers if commercial shippers were unwilling or not available to carry the crude to Israel. All of this adds up to a potentially massive financial commitment.

www.janes.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Thanks for the likks Grady...

I like this one...

These blends are known as 'boutique fuels', and they also add to the cost of fuel.

click me

Pretty much what I'm saying, a special blend for each area and for...well... summer and winter...

nanna_of_6...

Don't know where you are from, but the gas prices here flutuate, in the summer they are high, and in the winter they are low...

And...it's due to the price of manufacturing...

So I don't know what you are getting at...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I wonder if the gas prices went up to pay for this war. IF so maybe they should of just told us thats what they were doing. If not then it had to be for their own pockets. Lets see when Clinton was in office the stocks went up for his pockets and Bush in office it was The Gas and Housing. Wonder what it will be with the next Pres. I hope I get in it at the beginning the way they seem to do.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It's pretty simple, actually. Mid term elections are approaching, so in the interest of bread and circuses, gas prices are lowering. It’s just another example supporting the supposition that we live in a corporate oligarchy.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
In my opinion, $2 per gallon is what the oil companies and the government wanted gas prices to be all along, but they had to go about getting us conditioned to accept $2 per gallon first.

In 1999 gas prices where I lived (in New Jersey) were around 80 cents a gallon. Up until January 2005 gas prices were below $2 per gallon. People were starting to take notice and were complaining. So they drive the prices up over $3 per gallon. Then when they are back down to $2.25 we say, "Oh look how low gas prices are" when they are really still much higher than we were paying originally.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
you know i totally remember that. I was so anger when they went to $2.00 a gallon but you have to remember Clinton first made this comment when he was in office saying that gas prices need to be around $5.00 plus a gallon then americans would only drive one car instead of two. He said this cause he was talking about green house stuff.

Ox

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Forgive me for such a short post.. but just to go back on all of this.. My local gas station just upped the price by 20 cents a gallon over night.. and it's done nothing but fall for the last 2 months

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Funny thing is though, as far as gas prices go, what you and I pay I mean, there really is a government conspiracy. Its costing you between a quarter and a half a dollar a gallon, depending on where you live. Gas Taxes.
Government is making between 24 and 45 cents on every gallon of gas sold. Gas companies, who actually drill the oil, transport it to the refiners, refine it, and ship it to the gas stations?

$0.10 CPG

Federal government? 0.18 CPG
State governments? 0.075 - 0.32 CPG

Next time you're filling up, ask yourself how whether 20 cents a gallon would make a difference, then think about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Oct. light crud closed at $61.66, that's $2.14 off the close from Monday. It was a big down day. So prices should drop at the pump in a day or so.

Gasoline fell also.

I'm paying 2.39/gal. to day.

Roper

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Looks like the speculators are taking some casualties from this drop in energy prices. Can't say I feel a bit sorry for them.

www.smh.com.au...

Maybe this price decline will run some of them out of the energy markets permanently.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
hey dropping the cost of fuel is better than putting up the Fed Rates in the electorates minds, cheaper fuel, cheaper export goods and a bit of a better (if thats possible looking at the figures!) trade deficit. America is nearly bankrupt, not nice for anyone in the world, your second drop in two months of Property Prices is whats worrying those in the Know not the cost of fuel. Also inflation is edging up.

So answer this, as most of the US economy has been based over the last two terms on the following factors

1. cheap Oil therefore more dollars to spend in average joes pocket on other things. Cheaper to manufacture goods and run business and deliver goods.

2. A almost (same as UK) one way up in the Property Values. This has led to massive remortgaging, releasing the money to buy the goods made cheaply as 1. above.

3. Cheap lending remortgaing rates due to the other 3 factors and fairly stable infaltion. Also massive unprecedented personal finance to fund purchases.

4. Anything not made in the US is brought in from China etc at rediculously low prices, increasing the deficit (but not proportionally due to the low import costs of slave labour goods) but keeping inflation in check. Luxury lives (or the perception of it) experianced by the masses.

any one of these factors start changing and a correction has to come somewhere along the path. Though economic factors take a while to work through to the real world.

Rates are going to rise again soon. Inflation is worryingly going higher. The housing market will make a correction to normal levels (I reckon about 12 -24 months of drops about a total of 15-20% reduction on prices at end of correction period).

This is all without the Iranian Oil Bourse. Of course another factor keeping the wolf from the door as every other time in history before the economic chickens come home to roost is that the US or the UK always seem to find themselves in a war! boostin the economy due to stocks and shares in the companies making the war goods being based there, the defense spend going up injecting money into the national economy, oh and of course taking the defecit from the country aided or invaded in the war. (UK Gold to america after WW2!)

Lets just hope for all our sakes the pay off of iraq and afganistan covers the debts built up. because like it or not thats how these guys operate with our moneys and other peoples lives, including their own citizens sometimes.

Regards Elf.

PS guys this aint ignorant speculation its on the minds of all who work in finance, the question is just how long can we keep the bear dancing for before the bulls smash the china shop up!!

edit for spelling and gramah

[edit on 20-9-2006 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Not minimizing all the oil industry mechanics that are behind the recent drop in oil prices I agree with the OP --- the timing of this is highly suspicious. Even OPEC is saying things have suddenly gone out-of-whack in the market. We have had a minimal hurricane season, true. But we also had the Alaska pipeline shut-down and tensions in the mideast have not really abated. So why the plunge? Why now right around election time? And notice Bush's bump in approval ratings despite all the negative press with him and the cancellation of troop draw-downs. Seems highly likely this is politics at work.

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oil is traded world wide. The President of the USA can't bring the price down.

The oil Co's could put pressure on the mkt. if they shorted it in very large contracts.

They may have done this to hedge their product but it is pressure only. The rest of the world is trading also, and the other traders are seeing no reason fover concern for short oil supplies.

Roper

Ox

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Oct. light crud closed at $61.66, that's $2.14 off the close from Monday. It was a big down day. So prices should drop at the pump in a day or so.

Gasoline fell also.

I'm paying 2.39/gal. to day.

Roper

My local station has actually risen the price.. And there has been no reason to.. The price of crude oil has dropped as you pointed out.. But my local gas stations still continue to raise their prices... doesnt make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Ok, im listening to Skeptic and Springer on the podcast right now.. They were talking that this has something to do with the OCTOBER SURPRISE. What is the OCTOBER SURPRISE? Does anyone know?

Ox

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
October Surprise? They know something we dont? Hmm Perhaps its the surprise that the Republicans are going to win the elections and screw us all further and further into the dirt

Ox

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Alright.. alittle revival..

Yahoo news

Yahoo News is reporting that Falling gas prices are boosting Bush's poll numbers.. I dont see how that's feesible. But it's also raising suspicion.. What a shock.. and so it should.

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Some Americans are suspicious that recent steep declines in gasoline prices might be the result of political manipulation, since the savings at the gas pump come just weeks before critical midterm US elections.

Wow.. It's finally getting some attention.. Now all the sheeple of this country have to do is pay attention.. If this gets out on mainstream media.. meaning.. TV and Radio.. There might just be some ears pointing in the right direction and finally LISTENING!

Earlier this year, news of record oil profits led many US consumers to believe that energy companies had deliberately kept prices artificially high to improve their bottom line

Oh say it aint so!.. They'd never do that to their own people would they? Scam us out of billions of dollars nationwide? I mean.. where would that get them (Insert Sarcasm)

Now gas prices have fallen for several consecutive weeks, and recent polls show that consumers have a new suspicion -- that the price break is meant to give a boost to a US president and Republican Congress who had fallen out of favor with voters.

Wow.. What a shock.. Republicans are playing dirty politics.. That's all they know how to play.. I mean.. they cant get by on honesty and morals and values.. so why not lie cheat and steal.. It works too..

White House spokesman Tony Snow addressed -- and summarily dismissed -- the speculation at a press briefing earlier this week.
"I have been amused by ... the attempt by some people to say that the president has been rigging gas prices, which would give him the kind of magisterial clout unknown to any other human being," he told reporters.

Yeah yeah yeah... Here's another wad of fat cash, no go buy your mother a condominium....

Anyway.. bottom line.. it's a pretty good story and the American public are starting to figure it out... Only took them 6 years.. but hey..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join