It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices could go down to 2 dollars by thanksgiving...but something doesnt seem right

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

Where is your evidence of this secret meeting taking place? I have never heard of this but I would like to see the evidence so that I can look at it myself

I will have to laugh at this one, because since the beginning of the Bush regime Cheney has taking the right to do close doors meetings and in his arrogance he doesn't have to tell the public as what they are about.

After all he is the business man and his deals in secret are all for their personal interest.

The only time we found out one of his secret meetings was when he shot one of his business partners and friend

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Where is your evidence of this secret meeting taking place? I have never heard of this but I would like to see the evidence so that I can look at it myself

Here ya go Jack.

www.abovetopsecret...

(Mod Edit: Fixed Link)

[edit on 2-9-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Also here is a link to the Department of Energy website that has gas prices from 1990. As you can see more times than not Gas prices go down shortly after summer.

www.eia.doe.gov...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Here ya go Jack.

www.abovetopsecret/forum/thread188664/pg1

I can't get it to pull up maybe a broken link?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

One more Jack.

Records of these meetings are everywhere if you just bother to look!
Try this: google, Cheneys secret meetings. Ill be interested in your response.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by whaaa]

(Mod Edit: Fixed Link)

[edit on 2-9-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
~~

If your looking for clandestine meetings, don't look at Camp David- that's too well covered by media....
?? what about all those 'vacations' down at Crawford Texas??
it seems all the big guns in the regime Cheney, Rice, and the rest spend some time there too.
...I reckon some of the big oil execs are also invited in that informal atmosphere too.

That's if the VPs connections working out of his OSP (Office of Special Plans)
isn't already conducting what might be seen as unethical interaction between the profit rich oil corps. and the BushCo Administration. [Corps+Govt=Fascism]

I can imagine the Bush regime convincing the MegaCorps Oil to gradually decrease the cost of gas up till Thanksgiving '06, for their own benefit!
- considering what BushCo has already done for MegaCorp Oil already -

...CEOs of the largest 15 oil corporations average $32.7 million pay packages,
compared with $11.6 million for all large US firms...

www.bloomberg.com...

after all, a slight decrease in 'profits' [say from $10bil to $4bil per quarter] will defuse the grumbling public,
help energize the economy, as the relief of costly energy is like having a tax cut. And could perhaps translate into votes for a GOP congress- - -
as the decreasing gas & energy costs could be spun to the voters as;
the decrease is because the Administrations policies & hardline vs radical muslims & terrorists is reaping 'dividends' in spite of Iran's reluctance to stop it's nuke program.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/15/AR2005111501842.html -

One more Jack.

Records of these meetings are everywhere if you just bother to look!
Try this: google, Cheneys secret meetings. Ill be interested in your response.

Thanks for the links! However, I fail to see how you can draw the conclusion that secret meetings held in 2005 are the reason for falling gas prices now. The article describes that members of the Oil Industry gave recommendations for energy policy. This simply sounds like typical politician bullcrap of giving favorable policy to special interests in exchange for money or something else. Lets think for a second about this; if the deal was favorable policy in exchange for lower prices around election time it would seem every president since 1990 did the same thing. Its only logical.

If I wasn't objective sure I could think to myself OMG Bush and Cheney are vile animals. How dare they make secret deals to get rich. However, I am objective and I do understand that Bush does it, Clinton did it, Bush I did it, Reagon did it, etc. Its just the normal state of affairs with politicians and that you cannot deny, because if you do I can provide documents proving it for all the Presidents mentioned above.

But back to the subject at hand I have provided you with cold hard data on gas prices showing a clear decrease in the price of gasoline after the summer. I know I cannot convince you or anyone to drop your conception that Bush is doing this because you have already convinced yourself of it and will continue to seek out any information or opinions that validates your position but what I would like for you to do is to examine the data objectively and tell me what you see.

But its ok I understand as with most things don't let the facts stand in the way of a good Bush bashing.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yea whatever I am just happy to hell that I can save some extra money to pay more on my bills. tired of that lingering debt, and this cut in price will actually help a low income cat like myself pay them off quicker.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

But its ok I understand as with most things don't let the facts stand in the way of a good Bush bashing.

Please show me where I Bashed Bush! Bit touchy are'nt we!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Are you serious???

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heckman

Are you serious???

Sure I'm serious! Show me where I bashed The President on this thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why we all gotta focus on speculation? I think we should just enjoy that the gas prices are going down. I mean we don't know that they wil go that much higher by Spring. Perhaps they will just return to the 2.20-2.49 range. We are in new times, and we will never have the old prices again. I can firmly be happy with gas under 2.70. I am talking Premium prices here...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Nope not touchy. You never directly bashed Bush but you implied that it was the Bush administration's secret meetings with big oil being the cause of the drop in gas prices right now.

blackjack, I'm just curious, did you see a conspiracy when VP Cheney met with all the oil companies and refiners in secret and pretty much came up with the current administrations energy policy?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
If I remember these details correctly regular unleaded gasoline was $1.41 in March of 1981 and when you adjust for inflation, it would have to be $3.25 a gallon to equal the price back in 1981. I thought gas prices were very high back then and the car I had only got something like 8 or 9 miles per gallon while now I get around 20 or so miles per gallon. Regular unleaded gas in my area just dropped to around 2.45 a gallon. Maybe this is a conspiracy to get everyone to vacation in South Carolina.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Something most certainly does not seem right.

It is our great misfortune that the anti-trust, anti-monopoly laws in the USA are no longer enforced. No where is this more evident than in the petroleum industry. The vast majority of the oil business in the USA is controlled by two or three mega-companies who seem to be in collusion where gas prices are concerned. Rockefeller is singing in his grave.

Market share is enormously important in business and in very strong markets (highly profitable times), you would expect to see the smaller companies try to gain market share by dropping prices. In such a situation, they can undercut the competition, gain market share and remain profitable. We see no such competition in todays market.

It seems plain to me that gas prices are tightly controlled, and in such an enviroment, why should we be suprised to find that elections are being influenced in this way?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Gas prices do drop down every fall. I guess you can read whatever you want into it.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The price of gas falls in the fall. That's a cyclical supply and demand issue. In the current situation, although I haven't heard anything definitive, I do believe that the damaged infrastructure from last year's hurricane season is coming back on line.

Prices here in ABQ are plummeting and whereas I used to be afraid to wait to buy gas because of the rising prices, I'm now afraid to buy because it might be cheaper tomorrow.

I'd like to see two dollar gas, but even that isn't cheap.

One dollar gas would be a real bargain.

Let's just hope for a less severe hurricane season this year.

[edit on 2006/9/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

blackjack, I'm just curious, did you see a conspiracy when VP Cheney met with all the oil companies and refiners in secret and pretty much came up with the current administrations energy policy?

Jackal, Cheney's secret energy panel was just about the first thing Shrub's cabinet put into place in 2001, right after the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives.

Judicial Watch has been onto them way further back than 2005. You didn't know this? Cheney was sued in court to turn over the records of his Energy Task Force. He claimed Executive Privilege. Even the names of the panel members were kept secret from the public. Why do you think he wants it kept under wraps?

These prices better come down before winter, or people will be freezing to death. And they damn well know it.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
And not just freezing to death, starving too.

Just because you don't need heat for the winter doesn't mean you're not paying too:

Will the End of Oil Be the End Of Food?

American agriculture is fatally dependent on oil.

...my emphasis

[edit on 2-9-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I know how to hunt, I know how to make fire. I feel safe. I live in Central florida, more than enough wood to provide sufficient heating and cooking needs. Our ancestors relied on these tecniques, and so can we. Although if we went ahead with a process that is very possible.

Wy do we not simply create pipelines extracting water from the Gulf of Mexico in the southwest desert states, and then create large solar fields miles and miles of them to power the systems to convert hydrogen from the water pipelines? The southwets US could be our national energy producing region in decades.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join