It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Humble Person in the World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The most humble person: "I have heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and many other physical afflictions. I have schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression, anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and many other mental afflictions. I cannot see, hear, touch, taste, smell, walk and talk. My family and friends were taken away from me. I have had no schooling or job."

"Do you care about me? Do you love me?"

The Word of God: "As often as you did it to one of the least of My brothers and sisters, you did it to Me." Matthew 25:40

Love and Trust in God through all hardship and happiness!!! May your Love and Faith in God never wane!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
the most unlucky person in the world.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Not to take anything away from anyone who suffers and suffers quietly, enduring their daily battles.

But I think the title of most humble would go to Jesus Christ. He left the glory of heaven(something we can't even begin to comprehend), and confined Himself into a human body for 33 years. Then let beings He created torture Him and nail Him naked to a cross and then die an excruciating death. And at any moment He could have could have broken through those nails and literally come down from that cross, but didn't.

That would take immense inner strength and humility.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
dbrandt, do you believe that Jesus Christ has suffered every pain, and experienced every happiness in History and will continue to do so for Eternity? I would answer yes, as I believe He is the Son of God.

Do you believe God and Jesus Christ experience happiness and suffer pain simultaneously? I believe there is a time lapse, but the Holy Trinity experience it ALL IN TIME!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
dbrandt, do you believe that Jesus Christ has suffered every pain, and experienced every happiness in History and will continue to do so for Eternity? I would answer yes, as I believe He is the Son of God.

Do you believe God and Jesus Christ experience happiness and suffer pain simultaneously? I believe there is a time lapse, but the Holy Trinity experience it ALL IN TIME!!!

I'm not sure that I get your questions.

Jesus has suffered more than anyone ever has or will. Jesus who is God knows everything that goes on.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
dbrandt, to clarify, my mind has been in debate for years as to whether Jesus Christ is God or the Son of God. I like to think the former. If the latter, I still love the Holy Trinity immeasurably.

The "simultaneous" part of my second question would mean that God is Jesus Christ and there is no time lapse between God suffering pain or experiencing happiness and Jesus Christ suffering pain or experiencing happiness. If there is a time lapse, it would mean that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, but with less power than God because He experiences Life after the fact.

Please help me with my debate as to whether Jesus Christ is God or the Son of God.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaints2012
the most unlucky person in the world.

You beat me to it!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
thesaints2012 and I_s_i_s, I don't believe in "luck" or "unluck." These are human creations. I don't believe in randomness either as it, too, is a human creation. There is no randomness in God's creation.

Remember that the most humbled will be the most exalted, and the most exalted will be the most humbled. The most humble person in the world will be the most blessed.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

dbrandt, to clarify, my mind has been in debate for years as to whether Jesus Christ is God or the Son of God. I like to think the former. If the latter, I still love the Holy Trinity immeasurably.

Please help me with my debate as to whether Jesus Christ is God or the Son of God.

Hey GreatTech i know you addressed this question to Dbrandt,hope Dbrandt does`nt mind and agree`s with the answer.

John 1:1
[ The Word Became Flesh ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1-3 (in Context) John 1 (Whole Chapter)
John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

and Jesus said

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Luke 10:22
"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."

So the answer is both.The Word/Son became flesh.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

thesaints2012 and I_s_i_s, I don't believe in "luck" or "unluck." These are human creations. I don't believe in randomness either as it, too, is a human creation. There is no randomness in God's creation.

Remember that the most humbled will be the most exalted, and the most exalted will be the most humbled. The most humble person in the world will be the most blessed.

god is also a human creation. just as the thousands of other gods are human creation.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

god is also a human creation. just as the thousands of other gods are human creation.

If God is a human creation, than WHO created YOU? :bash:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The following link is to a very compelling characterization of Jesus of Nazareth. I often read this just so I can be reminded of the things that are really important in life.

The Acme of Religious Living

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott, exceleent contribution. Who, after Jesus Christ, is the second most humble person in the world?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

GradyPhilpott, exceleent contribution. Who, after Jesus Christ, is the second most humble person in the world?

That would be me, of course.

Whoops! You can't really be humble and claim to be so, can you.

True humility is a rare attribute and I wouldn't have the slightest idea whom to nominate.

[edit on 2006/9/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Who, after Jesus Christ, is the second most humble person in the world?

Hmmm...the person who is re-born/conquers the egoism/ climbs Jacob's ladder into heaven?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Cinosamitna, are you bornagain? If you are bornagain, tell me and ATS your story. Maybe you are the second most humble person in the world.

I consider myself bornagain. My first 29 years of life were a disaster even though there was substantial "earthly accomplishment." My last 11 years have been devoted to God, and in a way I consider myself only 11 years old. I plan to post "My Story" on ATS in the near future.

It is my belief that Humility is the most prized Virtue for Spiritual Potential, and that Love is the most prized Virtue for Spiritual Reality.

May God Bless You!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi GreatTech,

Yes, I had my true second birthday when I was very young. I grew up in many different schools and have an understanding of all the denominations of Christianity which comes from my parents. I am a student of Gnosis which came much later in my life, but as a youngster I was Self-Consciously aware of intelligences which I felt were a curse at times. But I have learned how to understand these intelligences while still being part of many wonderful Christian communities, from Catholic, Baptist, Anglican etc, so it's hard for me to be too biased.

I've studied religion and particularly my interest is of the occult sciences, partly due to my child-hood experiences. Right now, I have decided to not be part of any church community for some very distrubing events are now unfolding in the world and I wish to stay away from most organized religion, just for the time being.

God Bless,
Cino

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'm trying to figure out where you are going with this. I'm not so sure this is question is even important, and if it is then God would be the only one who would know the answer to this. I mean it could be a person who is suffering under the regime in North Korea.

This isn't meant to be mean, but this seems like a distraction from things that really should be discussed.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It's an impossible question to answer, unless you happen to know everybody and have some meaingful, authoritative measure of humililty. There's nothing wrong with getting some opinions on the matter though.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

I'm trying to figure out where you are going with this. I'm not so sure this is question is even important, and if it is then God would be the only one who would know the answer to this. I mean it could be a person who is suffering under the regime in North Korea.

This isn't meant to be mean, but this seems like a distraction from things that really should be discussed.

dbrandt, the purpose of humility is too feel, empathize, and sympathize for the lowest of the low. If we do not do this, we cannot show true love for all of God's creation. Sometimes I feel like the lowest of the low. Sometimes I see and hear people that might be the lowest of the low. But God, as always, has remedies and they occur throughout the Holy Bible: the humbled will be exalted, and the exalted will be humbled; the first will be last, and the last will be first; and what you do to the least you do to God (the exact wording of these phrases is in the New Testament of the Holy Bible).

With great intentions in Spirit and mind, it would be virtuous to try to be the second most humble person in the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join