It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do The Dead Go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
From dust to dust and then after a long sleep eternal life imo...or as someone quoted where we came from.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChandlerBing
From dust to dust and then after a long sleep eternal life imo...or as someone quoted where we came from.

from dust to dust? .... how many humans have you seen created from dust?

dust to dust was a way of saying from pure energy to pure energy... dust was small... thats what they used to describe the unknown... but now we know we're made of pure energy.. so we can see what they were MEANING... I see you wrote or as someone quoted where we came from.. this just makes me think you haven't actually thought this opinion out yourself very much.
Eternal life is already here.. you have to choo choo choose it... lol (Ralph Wiggum)
that going to sleep is IMO not what I plan on doing...

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Theres no death. The body itself goes away. However, the soul goes to either paradise or hell. But this is just until the Great White Throne Judgement after that the soul goes to Heaven or The Lake of Fire.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Theres no death. The body itself goes away. However, the soul goes to either paradise or hell. But this is just until the Great White Throne Judgement after that the soul goes to Heaven or The Lake of Fire.

do you feel thats true?... have you felt that?

There is no death, thats a good start, yes the body does go away, however... lol hehe the 'soul' which I do not know what you refer to, is not a soul... call it what you will... but its awareness, you can follow your current awareness (your body) to where it goes, (the source) or you can detach your awareness from this body and move it where-ever you please.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'v never seen anyone control their own soul. Your soul will go where the Lord tells it too. If you did not create your soul -how can you control it. If this were true dont you truly believe your dead love ones would come back to you and talk to you. Tell you whats up and where not to go and what its really like. I know I would come back to my kids and talk with them however the dead cannot do this cause God will not allow such a thing to take place. Demons though can trick you and make you believe your speaken to a loved one when if fact your not. You go to Heaven or the Lake of Fire in the end. Until then its paradise or hell. After you die is not a good time to find out the truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

There is no death, thats a good start, yes the body does go away, however... lol hehe the 'soul' which I do not know what you refer to, is not a soul... call it what you will... but its awareness, you can follow your current awareness (your body) to where it goes, (the source) or you can detach your awareness from this body and move it where-ever you please.

Do you have proof or evidence to support this? Or is it just part of your belief-system..... just like the concept of a 'soul' is a part of that guy's belief-system.

What makes his beliefs so laughable compared to yours? You both might be right and you both might be wrong...... but to correct someone else because they believe something different about our ultimate destiny is truly ignorant.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I believe in a supreme creator that is responisble for everything. I think when we die we move into another dimension, after all it was recently reported that there are as many as 13 different dimensions in existance and they are the ones we know about ! It is human arrogance to assume that when we are dead that's it. I think you have to consider other possibilities. It may well be that death is the end, if so it would be terribly sad as it would mean all the terrible wars fought in the world, and in particular the reglious intolerance existing at the moment would be so futile. I hope there is something out there. I honeslty don't know. I for one will be crossing my fingers when my time comes !

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If you die and thats it. That doesn't make any sense because, how could your mind have existed before. Things can't be created or distroyed. Only changed from one form to another.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
On the day when the wagons come,
I just pray that they let me on

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

Do you have proof or evidence to support this? Or is it just part of your belief-system..... just like the concept of a 'soul' is a part of that guy's belief-system.

What makes his beliefs so laughable compared to yours? You both might be right and you both might be wrong...... but to correct someone else because they be

I do but its only conjecture until someone else experiences it.. so in that sense its just a belief system, but one based on experience, not just fancy words. I realize telling people their wrong is not nice.. but self-importance is a Biotch, ...
They're only laughable because he's just using words, he probably couldn't identify his soul if it bit him in the nose. Unless the book he's reading snaps on his snauze...
believing something and experiencing it are two different things.
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be argumentative.. If I'm not to display my findings, what am I to do? .. join forums and simply agree with everyone? like someone telling me a lollypop tastes like metal, when I know different because I've had the lollypop and can describe it somewhat better than it being metal.

[edit on 3/9/06 by dnero6911]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
BUT... your proof and evidence is that which you have experienced.... but since no one else truly knows what you've experienced, we just have to take your word for it? I totally understand that this is a place where ideas and experiences should be shared... but you cannot expect for others to take you seriously just because you say you've experienced something. Are you aware of how many wackos on ATS claim that they're a representative of some alien race? Are we to believe them as well?

It's quite possible that it's different for everyone. That's all I really meant.... we're all just humans and just because you've experienced something doesn't mean it's true for someone else. What's the old saying... perception is reality.

Also.... personally, I think "dust to dust" means our physical bodies are created from basic unrefined elements-- "dust"....and when we die, our bodies decompose and break back down to those elements... or we're cremated and the process is sped up.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by firebat]

[edit on 4-9-2006 by firebat]

L3X

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
A video clip with a theory for what happens to our soul energy when we die. A few ideas I have not heard of before.
Where DO The Dead Go?

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 3-9-2006 by kinglizard]

There is only one thing sure:
The nothing and Paradise/Hell is not what we will perceive to the other side
I mean "perceive" because i don't know if the consciousness which have had in this dimension (memoris, sensations etc.) will still be over there

[edit on 4-9-2006 by L3X]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
There is an old saying, "The ultimate in optimism is believing that there is no life after death." I hope it's true, I'm not that big of an optimist though.

It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing than to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

As for where we go, where do you want to go? Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call this body, it was a gift to you. You had it before you came here and chose to come here. You have it now and will continue to have free will when you leave this place.

I'm going comsic bungee jumping for awhile and then i'm coming back here. The food is good, the company is excellant and the sex is fantastic. I see no reason to go anywhere else. (Atleast for the time being)

These are ofcourse just my beliefs.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
think of this, where is the dead thing in yourself now? your soul or whatever isn't anywhere else than in the soulspace. Your body in this 3rd realm. Everything stays in place. The soul is just loose from your body then, doesn't inhabit it anymore.

bodys on all planes don't change place in my opinion

didn't read the thread, sorry.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that this movie presents a theory. It just seems like speculation with some scientific data thrown in (don't even think about responding, "Well, that's what a theory is!" It's NOT). There are a few interesting ideas, though I'm not quite sure how they're connected to each other. One thing I am sure of, though: gi-mongous is the dumbest word I've ever heard.

[edit on 9/4/2006 by spookymusic]

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChandlerBing

from dust to dust? .... how many humans have you seen created from dust?

dust to dust was a way of saying from pure energy to pure energy... dust was small... thats what they used to describe the unknown... but now we know we're made of pure energy.. so we can see what they were MEANING... I see you wrote or as someone quoted where we came from.. this just makes me think you haven't actually thought this opinion out yourself very much.
Eternal life is already here.. you have to choo choo choose it... lol (Ralph Wiggum)
that going to sleep is IMO not what I plan on doing...

Dust is small ,true but it creates static charges ,like lightning ..quite a powerful electrical force ..not?

I believe imo as Adam was created from dust (Now i have not seen humans with my own eyes being created with dust..but do know with a small electrical charge cardiac arrest individuals are shocked back into this life) and my belief so shall we return ,circle of life in flesh,we are in a "suit" and our souls shall remain where it belongs until we needed or as i believe when we shall be raised again.

Now you said it looks like i did not think it through ..i wrote that without having to think as i believe it .."Where we came from i quoted from someone who said that" as i am a Christian God created Adam from dust (Earth/Ground) and that's where i shall return for a certain time until raised...back to dust.

And yes sure i believe there are "lost" souls about ,but who runs that space "prince of the air" ,i'd rather take a sleep and wait than to wanna mess around in a dimension which i cannot control my soul,maybe some people know/think they can when they die but that they shall only know when they pass on.

And i do not argue the fact that Adam was not the first ,but he was the first in my belief under God and created in God's image.

I said dust to dust to skip an essay of from dust we were created,then i died being cremated and the "long" story of how we turn back to ashes and my ashes cast into the ground/sea ..or being buried and getting chowed to nothing..don't like the being eaten story ..dust to dust was just a simple quick "explanation" i thought most would understand.

Sorry if you misunderstood or if i did not explain it better,Cheers!

[edit on 4-9-2006 by ChandlerBing]

[edit on 4-9-2006 by ChandlerBing]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
asking where the dead go is like asking someone where god is. Its faith based and purely illogical thinking to try to establish some sortof truth from arguments like this.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
asking where the dead go is like asking someone where god is. Its faith based and purely illogical thinking to try to establish some sortof truth from arguments like this.

So why even discuss the subject, right?

I think it's human-nature to want to delve into this topics and just because we can't ultimately prove anything we say about this stuff, it's still healthy and productive to talk about it.... and it's CERTAINLY not faith-based as most of us are capable of thinking about these things without gullibly accepting them as THE truth.

Party-pooper.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
sorry im a rationalist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join