It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts and Prayers needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I found out some horrible news today about a friend I have on Maui. He worked for the FAA before transferring to the TSA after 9/11. I worked with him in both capacities, and became friends. He was a really nice guy, and I thoroughly enjoyed working with him. We'd sit around for 30 minutes or an hour just chatting. This past Friday, he and his wife were on a motorcycle, stopped, when a car came along at around 50 mph and never slowed down until after it ran them down. He passed away in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, and his wife is currently in critical condition. He leaves behind a 12 and 15 year old daughter who are in danger of losing their mother as well.

Please anyone who reads this thread send healing thoughts and prayers their way. They need all the help they can get right now.

[edit on 8/30/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Wow that is awful. I hope she makes it.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers for your friends,,,,,
You probably need some healing thoughts also.
I know it sux, try to stay positive.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's still sinking in for me. I found out right as I was going out the door to my class today so I didn't really have a lot of time to think about it all day.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers with the family,

Zaph,
here is a psalm by David........
Lord,I cry unto thee:make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice,when I cry unto thee................
(Psalm 141:1-2 )

Listen to me when I call to you. Receive my prayer as incense, my lifted hands as an evening sacrifice.....

helen

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
hey man, i hope everything turns out alright.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and the injuries to his wife. But I am also very concerned about the two daughters. They're at an age where they know what they have lost and can suffer the most terrible anguish at the loss of their father and the possibility of losing their mother also. I pray that God will help them and sustain them through their grief. I hope they have other family members nearby that can give them support.
May God givr peace to the soul of your friend and heal his wife fully and quickly. Her daughters need her.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
All of the best goes out to the family Zaph.

Very tragic.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Zap,

I am very sorry to hear that.

My deepest sympaty goes to you and there children.
I hope the mom survives and will be ok.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Count on my prayers,

And Zap if you need someone to talk to about how you feel then you know where i am ok

As you know i lost a good friend only weeks ago, so i know what your going through,

Dont feel alone,

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I am so sorry zap, this must have been a massive blow to you.

All you can do is think that he is in a better place and god loved him so much he cut his time short because they needed him in heaven. Pure of heart and mind.

This of the memories not the sorrow. When a good family friend died people said this to me and i was like ' shut up, i dont want to know. i hate god because he took them away from he. ' etc.. you know the rest.

But then i thought many tears later. Maybe they are right, they are away from all the horrible things that lay on this earth. They are at peace and watching and looking after us from above.

Of ever you need to talk just hit me with a u2u or msn message. Zap we have been through a lot together so suck it up and speak to me okay babez! Or i will kick you in the shins again

Much love going to everyone in pain during this sad time, but think beyond the pain and see he is in heaven where he is filled with love and happiness looking over you.

Oni x x

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Zap, My thoughts are with you and your friends in this difficult time.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say Zap. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire family, and to you as well. Anyone who has ever read my posts know that I usually tend to make light of just about everything, or just write down any of the goofy thoughts that cross my mind.

In all sincerity, if you need anybody to vent to, do not for one second hesitate to get in touch with me. Many years ago, my Fiance was taken from me by a drunk driver. I really do know what your going through, and I know that the pain is intense, unrelenting, and constant. As my ATS brother, I am absolutely there for you - no BS, I mean it.

As a previous poster so eloquently put it, keep the love alive in your heart. Think of the good times often, because surely that's what he would have wanted.

Please keep us up to date on the condition of his wife. Lot's of love and positive thoughts going out in your direction. Kepp your chin up Buddy.
lombozo

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear about this and I wish the best for you, the family, and everyone else involved.

--Logan

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I can't offer a prayer, but my thoughts are with their two daughters. For the sake of them I give all my best to the mother and hope she survives this ordeal.
I hope they have familly and friends that are offering support in such a tough time in their lives.

Gather the living close to your breast while you bury your dead.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm so sorry Zaphod. Count on my prayers as well.

top topics

join