It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's really the racist? Who's the minority?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I pose the question to the community....Who Is really the racist's now-a-day? And who are the minority?

My ideas...
I truthfully feel that the caucasian people are now a minority, and the second we try to express our views...we are shut down. Now, don't take me as a racist pig. I have friends from every nationality, Black, white, brown, grey, yellow..But it seems that the "white man" is now the opressed. I am all for anybody being able to express theit rights...but why is it that our staple rights are being changed for somebody else that just moved to the States? Why do we have to change for them? Who is now the opressor, and who is the opressed?

My facts to support my ideas...
Why is it that we have a "United Negro College Fund"? If we were to start a "United Caucasian College fund", would it fly? Or would it start another riot?
What about "BET" (Black Entertainment Television)...what if we had "CET" caucasion entertainment television....would it air?
Ever watch a episode of cops?? Who are 95% of the people arrested on this show?

Once again....I am NOT A RACIST...just pondering some ideas...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looks like I posted under the wrong category...any way to re-post under another category...help...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You could come and contribute here

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Please, oh please, tell us how whitey is being oppressed.

Your assertion about BET is spurious, the MAJORITY of television is caucasion entertainment television, the fact that a network like BET needs to exist is testament to the ingrained racism of your country. It's THEIR network. Not yours. As to the college fund question, GET REAL, there are funds to help all types of social groups (both advantaged and disadvantaged), why single out the United negro college fund?

Drug Addicts and alcoholics mostly. These are yourfacts to support your idea?? Get real.

Racism has more to do with the space between your ears than with the people you know. And it ain't a linear one foot in front of the other black/white type of problem. It's complex, as are people and the world. Do you live in the world, or do you just live in Amerika? Grow up.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Actually this should stay here in social issues.

I find interesting how society has tried to perpetuate the issues of race and racism.

Instead of trying to make society friendly to all the same goups that supposedly work for the equality of all are the ones that are perpetuating the racial barriers.

Funny but that is how I see it.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
Please, oh please, tell us how whitey is being oppressed.

Your assertion about BET is spurious, the MAJORITY of television is caucasion entertainment television, the fact that a network like BET needs to exist is testament to the ingrained racism of your country. It's THEIR network. Not yours. As to the college fund question, GET REAL, there are funds to help all types of social groups (both advantaged and disadvantaged), why single out the United negro college fund?

Racism has more to do with the space between your ears than with the people you know. And it ain't a linear one foot in front of the other black/white type of problem. It's complex, as are people and the world. Do you live in the world, or do you just live in Amerika? Grow up.

I am simply presenting an idea that has plagued my mind for some time now. Yes the majority is white TV...but we don't label it as white TV...and we do not label our scholarships and being for white people only!!! Can I apply for a United Negro College fund scholarship??? NO!! But, can a person of color apply for a white only scholarship...yes...but what if they tell him NO...because he is BLACK??? Then the college will be labeled as a RACIST COLLEGE...just cause they said no to somebody of color that was trying to sign up for a scholarship for white people...open your mind up and really read what I am posting!!

And...as a matter of fact...I have been to Kuwait, Rome, Italy, Portugal, and now live in South Korea...once again...read a little..you might be surprised what you learn..

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Here is a demographic breakdown of the US:

Population of the United States by Race and Hispanic/Latino Origin, Census 2000 and July 1, 2005

Your ideas would fit well in a discussion that is currently ongoing in the Slugfest Forum.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2006/8/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Fingapointa, refering to white people as whitey is by common useage a racial slur; therefore I find it interesting that you sir or madam as the case may be are calling Stretch a racist. Who is the racist here? Why is it okay for you to use a racial slur but not okay for Stretch to ask questions? I found your use of that "name" to be as offensive as any other racial slur such comments are best left on the playground with small children before they are educated in how wrong they are.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Dude, put yourself in the shoes of these people who you say are being unfairly advantaged because they have a special college fund.

Less than 50 yrs ago these same people were not allowed to share a bathroom with you, or sit in the same spot on a bus, or go to your school. Their ancestors were owned and sold by your white brothers, the only reason they are even in this country.
But you probably think it's a privilege they should be grateful for?
Their history in your country is full of hate. They didn't come here full of hope and excitment of a new future. No, they came here chained and beaten, owned by the white man. Are you really surprised they might not have warm fuzzies for white people?
It's not racism, it's knowing your history and not trusting those that have hurt you before.

I personally think your country owes them more than just a college fund.

White Americans don't learn from their history, black Americans can't forget theirs.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
No, they came here chained and beaten, owned by the white man. Are you really surprised they might not have warm fuzzies for white people?

Actually, those blacks who came here as slaves were bought from from their black African owners. There were quite a few who came here as free men and many who were freed by their owners.

Very many white Europeans came here as indentured servants who had to work for their freedom.

Mores were very different then and the nation which our founders brought forth was the bravest social experiment in the history of the planet. It also happens to be the most successful to date.

The cause of freedom in America has been expanding since day one and no one can claim an easy track to freedom.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Why would anyone think that America should have emerged fully formed at the onset?

Before you spew your hate toward America, ANOK, perhaps you would do well to take a good look at yourself. Your image could use a little spiffing up, by my observation.

We have our faults, but few nations have the record of growth and the expansion of freedoms that our nation offers to the world.

[edit on 2006/8/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well said StretchUSAF.

The past is received into history. GET OVER IT!

Roper

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Before you spew your hate toward America, ANOK, perhaps you would do well to take a good look at yourself. Your image could use a little spiffing up, by my observation.

My my my aren't we the arrogant one? Your observation? Maybe when you take your blinkers off you'll be able to observe some reality.

Give me a break! Anything that makes you think about your own history is hating America? But if you mean the right wing, neo-christian, racist, me me me part of America then yes I guess I do! The rest of it is quite lovely

I didn't say white Americans were the only ones involved in slavery. But in the context of Black-American attitudes twd whites today, who else is there?

Sry but you can't ignore what happened, and unfortunately you will have to suffer the consequences of your countries history. What I don't understand is why it surprises you?

Why did I take you off ignore?

top topics

join