It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needed Justice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
you guys are funny, i thought one of you was liberal , and the other a conservative. you shouldnt be getting along!~ just kidding.nerdling if your not a democratic/liberal thinker. i apologize. its that damn avatar throwing me off.

ok im out. thanks for the laugh before i log out, peace

[edit on 30-8-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Just kidding, the point I was making that the very environment of a federal maxpen would be enough of a scare for most.

That's good to know.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I really think that in cases like this the sentences are really light, specially in a country with death penalty.

In Portugal, the sentence could be from 3 to 10 years.
If the perpetrator has any venereal disease the sentences can be increased one third, so it becomes a 4 to 13 years sentence.

But in Portugal the heaviest sentence for any crime is 25 years.

Why do they have such light sentences for cases like this in the US is something I never understood, but apparently no one understands it.

As for this case in particular, there is a possibility, a small possibility, I know, that he was innocent, but there is no doubt that the child's father is guilty.

If the conditions are against him, for any reason, he could be considered guilty and will have to pay for his crime.

In that is the case, what did his child gained with his actions? Nothing. She will loose his father and the chance of having the childhood she deserves.

If he had kept calm (I know its difficult) and had called the police and took his child to a hospital, he may had gained 1 or 2 years if his neighbour was considered guilty.

That time could have been enough to make sure that something like that would never happened again to anyone.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i am sickened even more from the story as more evidence is released. ill add, no 2 year old makes up such stories.

www.cnn.com...

The girl "explained that she did not want to go home because of Barry," police said in the report. When her mother asked her to explain, the girl said "that Barry puts it on her belly and her nose," the report said.

When her mother asked her when James does this, she replied, "He comes to me in the starry nights."

if i was in mr edingtons position i probably would have tortured the molester before i finished him off. i highly doubt the words of a 2 year old would have stood up in court , at least enough to send the man to prison forever. death was a just punishment IMHO. yeah i already said, i understand he is innocent until proven guilty, but our country just isnt doing enough to actually protect our children from such evil. lets put fear in the molesters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join