It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does CNN stand for christian news network?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Someone told me it stands for that, not being an american is that true? Are they right wing whackos?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No, it's Cable News Network. And they're far from right wing, they're the most leftist of the 3 major 24 hour news channels in the U.S.

[edit on 8/30/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's Cable News Network.

Here's a bit of CNN trivia

Silver Spring, Md.: I may have missed this last night, but is there any truth to the story I've often heard about Ted Turner, that he had/has a patriotic film he planned/plans to show on CNN in the event of some end of the world disaster (nuclear war or the like)?

Linda Garmon: From the moment CNN started, Ted Turner planned that in the event of a nuclear conflagration, that CNN would stay on until the last possible moment, when it would play "Nearer My God to Thee," which is the same piece of music that the band played on the decks of the Titanic as it sunk! He kept a recording in his desk drawer shortly after CNN started, but apparently, at some point, it disappeared.

WPost

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
No, it's Cable News Network. And they're far from right wing, they're the most leftist of the 3 major 24 hour news channels in the U.S.

...which it's not really left at all to begin with.

All we have is conservative media. Fox, being the extreme, but the other networks aren't liberal, just less conservative

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

leftist?

ha ha

that's rich

they're nothing of the sort, they're moderate leaning liberal at worst, but then again in the USA that is considered a left wing extremist

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If you watch CNN you will see they are very much moderates leaning to the left. CNN always tries to have both POV on air at the same time when possible. As for the anchors, they try to be as unaffiliated as possible, but sometimes it shows.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
well jesus said '' you shall know the truth and it will set you free'' so.. no. ha.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
cnn...fox...bbc get your news from ATSNN.

top topics

join