It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singularities can't exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Even though the idea of a Singularity (o dimensional point with all the mass of the universe) wass already in violation with E=MC2, with the reversement of the Big Bang (100% presure should reversed make it impossible to create a 0 dimensional point) and the principe an exact stable situation (in which no Big Bang could ever have occured) there is now a theorie which supports it:

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
singularities can exist for if they couldnt they would not have been thought up...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
singularities can exist for if they couldnt they would not have been thought up...

Damn straight u are exactly right.

Anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage

Damn straight u are exactly right.

Anything is possible.

That has been posted by a person... and that person wasn't banned for just some reason...

We just think of theories to fill in the gabs, to understand what we untill then didn't understand. If we understand, then old theories become invalid... why?

That's because those theories weren't possible in our reality, and what else do we got then our reality?

If you say everything is possible, you say that nobody can understand anything about the universe... while the reality in which we live... makes certain things impossible

The statistics show that the chance of everything being possible is 0%.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This gravastar idea is quite old believe it or not, ill sit on the fence i aint sure which is right, black hole, or gravastars.
Mabye both are wrong?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
i agree with the no beginning theories, why do ppl have this notion that everything comes from something

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
i agree with the no beginning theories, why do ppl have this notion that everything comes from something

Well... in my point of vieuw: everything in the normal word has an begin and an end (measurements) the whole instincts is based on it... so it's kind of hard to convince your instinct that it is an extreme, for which the ideas which your instinct gives you don't work...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalistenics
This gravastar idea is quite old believe it or not, ill sit on the fence i aint sure which is right, black hole, or gravastars.
Mabye both are wrong?

posted: 09:52 am ET
23 April 2002

Nobody does believe you

For the simple fact that the idea is not even 2 years old, as can been seen in the article itself.

Ps. why do people like you always have to give false information?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa

Originally posted by Kalistenics
Mabye both are wrong?

posted: 09:52 am ET
23 April 2002

Nobody does believe you

For the simple fact that the idea is not even 2 years old, as can been seen in the article itself.

Ps. why do people like you always have to give false information?

I know for a fact its older than 2 years. I will try to find proof of this.

Plus gravastars are supposed to be made of Bose-Einstein condensates. This is an exotic form of matter, which has been theorised for quite a long time now.

OK.. this is the edited part, apparently the gravastar theory is from april 2002. But i would say this is just a finalised theory based theories on the bose-einstein condensates, and quantum theory.

I think thats where i thought it was an old idea, Gravastars aint really a new idea, but the theory that makes sense of them and how they would exist is.

Peace

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Kalistenics]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
peace

Ps:

Emil Mottola of the Los Alamos National Laboratory and Pawel Mazur of the University of South Carolina suggest that instead of a star collapsing into a pinpoint of space with virtually infinite gravity, its matter is transformed into a spherical void surrounded by "an extremely durable form of matter never before experienced on Earth."

This doesn't sound like it's such an old idea by the way

top topics

join