It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons and capitalism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
I think your church is pretty much dead.

As an official card-carrying heathen, it would certainly cramp my style and damage my reputation to be found in any sort of church.

In a way the american experiment is a church. It is well documented that the major players involved in the founding of america were freemasons.

It seems to me that if the masons created america they also maintain the right to destroy america and re-invent it in a new and improved form.

The artists prerogative has always been that the creator shall maintain the natural right to destroy his masterpiece if he no longer sees the beauty in it.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   

In a way the american experiment is a church. It is well documented that the major players involved in the founding of america were freemasons.

It seems to me that if the masons created america they also maintain the right to destroy america and re-invent it in a new and improved form.

The artists prerogative has always been that the creator shall maintain the natural right to destroy his masterpiece if he no longer sees the beauty in it.

The Masons as an organization didn't create America. Many of the Founders did indeed happen to be Masons, and many were inspired by Masonic principles, but the fraternity itself didn't do anything. It was simply the onward march of history. The Enlightenment and Liberalism exploded on the scene, and it was only a matter of time until the old order was replaced by the new. It was a process of nature and evolution, not of conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

In a way the american experiment is a church.

It was simply the onward march of history. The Enlightenment and Liberalism exploded on the scene, and it was only a matter of time until the old order was replaced by the new. It was a process of nature and evolution, not of conspiracy.

The guided evolution of mankind is the conspiracy.

The unfinished pyramid represents the fact that america will fall and be replaced by something else.

www.greatseal.com...

[edit on 6-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The guided evolution of mankind is the conspiracy.

The unfinished pyramid represents the fact that america will fall and be replaced by something else.

www.greatseal.com...

your link brings an interesting quistion to bare, it says that william barton suggested a pyramid of 13 steps...

Steps?? pyramids dont have steps... but ziggurats do, and i do belive that we just saw in another post that the original great seal depicted a ziggurat and not a pyramid.

Now whats the significance of this you ask? ziggurats are always flat topped.. what you see as an unfinished pyramid.. i see as a finished ziggurat

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light
ziggurats are always flat topped.. what you see as an unfinished pyramid.. i see as a finished ziggurat

Meaning that life is a journey with a destination that can never be reached?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
omg whaaa? how did you possibly get that from what i said? i think that as with the great seal, your seeing what you want to see in my post

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light
omg whaaa? how did you possibly get that from what i said? i think that as with the great seal, your seeing what you want to see in my post

Maybe you see the pyramid as a finished work.

I see it as a work in progress.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

Originally posted by df1
We Need Masonry In American Politics...

So although I strongly disagree that we need more (or indeed any) masonry in politics, I do feel that more masons in politics would be a very good thing.

More masons in politics?

Don't you clowns have enough lodges in Washington D.C. already?

www.initiatedeye.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Read his post again, clown. With understanding comes wisdom.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I think you're getting mixed up with the Shriners

... or perhaps you're just mixed up period. Like the man said; return, re-read and inwardly digest.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

More masons in politics?

A) You are probably making the mistake of assuming that one lodge equals one building. There are six lodges that meet in the masonic building where I attend. A few are daylight lodges, so that brothers that work nights can participate. Some are held on different nights, again, to accomodate different schedules. A brother can attend multiple lodges (and it happens often).

B) Lots of lodges in DC does not equate to lots of masons in politics. The average resident of DC is not a politician.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
Lots of lodges in DC does not equate to lots of masons in politics. The average resident of DC is not a politician.

Almost everyone around washington has some kind of connection to the government. And I understand that masons come from all walks of life.

I also understand that masons prefer to promote another mason over a non-mason. Which is nepotisim.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Almost everyone around washington has some kind of connection to the government.

Well, I have connections to the government. I vote, I pay taxes, I live by the laws they make. But... I suspect that you mean that everyone there is a politician or works for a government agency.

That's not even close to true... I don't know what Washington DC you've been around, but it's not the one I've grown up with.

Most of the politicians are only in Washington when Congress is in session. Their entourages and staff don't generally stick around when they head home. And anyone that has traversed the beltway at rush hour knows that many many 'government agency' types commute into the city. And folks would probably join a lodge near home, not near work.

What about the average grunt worker in a support industry, like a red cap at that swanky hotel? Or the workers in that restaurant in the Pentagon? Or the tour guide for the monuments? Or the cabbie that drove you from the airport? Not to mention the grocery stores, clothing stores, video rentals, hardware stores, etc.

The average DC citizen has no ties to the government, beyond what you or I have.

And I understand that masons come from all walks of life.

Indeed.

I also understand that masons prefer to promote another mason over a non-mason.

Nah, not true at all. I'd actually make two statements, quite contrary to that:

A) Masons will often try to avoid working together, the same way friends will. If you were to hire a friend, found out he wasn't an adequate worker, you'd have to fire him... and firing a person tends to bring up bad feelings. "You can't be a boss and a friend" is an old saying. And a wise one. Most Masons practice it, and avoid those crappy situations.

B) Masons, if working together, will avoid getting into situations where they are supervising other masons... just as smart friends will. It's a situation just begging for accusations of nepotism, so most folks will avoid it outright.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join