It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ASVAB HELP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
~Alright guys, I'm enlisting in the USAF next year but I need to take my ASVAB again because my original scores expired. Now my question is, where could i get a free online study guide for the ASVAB test? I've tried searching and searching but nothing except sites that want me to pay them. And that's just a big no no altogether. So if any of you have any ideas, links, etc. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Thanks a bunch.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Jeffrey,

Please u2u me about this.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
youll have to get a book for it. i recomend the arco book. its very nice

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here is a ranking of the top ten ASVAB study guides.

usmilitary.about.com...

It lists the ARCO as number 4.

Have you looked at 1-3, and do you have an opinion on their quality?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Jeffrey...

Please check u2u!

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
~Valhall your a true lifesaver! I can't believe that you would go to such lenghts to help a total stranger. But yes I could do that for you, and you haven't a clue on how much this means to me. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
LOL!

OKAY! Then read your u2u's again!!!

You crack me up...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
good choice in picking the USAF jeff. im enlisting in january and plan to go to basic in the summer. have you picked an AFSC yet?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
~Yea i feel like the AF is right up my river. This is primarily because I'm into aviation and one day hopefully become a fighter pilot. I know the road to take to do this too That and I really don't care about what any of the other branches think of it. They could be jealouse of their living conditions for all I know. Besides, the people seem more my type. Mellow and easygoin'. So far........

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I took it in high school. I didn't study and I was stoned when I took it. I got a 92.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I took it in high school. I didn't study and I was stoned when I took it. I got a 92.

~I guess it's good? Being stoned must of helped you zone in more to the test itself eh? That's high enough to work on top secret projects ain't it?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Took it when I was in High School too. Was about four in the morning, at the MEPS. I scored an 84.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Can someone please explain to me what the ASVAB are and what the highest score you can get. If you could, could you also break down what you are supposed to get to be in a certin area like Intelligence. I am also thinking about going into the millitary, but cant decied if I should go into the Airforce or the Navy.

-Dagger

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Pick Air Force

ASVAB = Armed Services Vocational Aptittude Battery and it determinse what jobs you are qualified for. Intel youll probally have to score really high probally mid 80 to 90's

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
my friend score a 95 out of 99 and now has the marine corps eating out of his hands

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
Can someone please explain to me what the ASVAB are and what the highest score you can get. If you could, could you also break down what you are supposed to get to be in a certin area like Intelligence. I am also thinking about going into the millitary, but cant decied if I should go into the Airforce or the Navy.

-Dagger

Dear Dagger,

There is a subsequent test given that is at a high complexity level than the ASVAB for things such as cryptology and such. I do not remember what the name of that test is....because it was 1982 when I took it!!!

I do not remember even being told what the break-over points were for the grades on that. I scored the highest score on that particular test that had ever been scored at that MEP station, and subsequently had the pick of any MOS I wanted.

I hope Jeffrey does very well on his ASVAB so that he can pursue his goal. It sounds like he has his head on straight.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Is there a limited number of times you can take this test?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I can't answer for the higher level one, but I don't think there is a limit on the ASVAB. Now, I think you have to wait a set amount of time in between taking it, but then again I might be getting the ACT messed up with the ASVAB.

Blah! lol

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
~Soon it'll be my third time taking it. And no, I do not believe that there is a limit to the number of times you can take it. You'd just have to wait for a bit until' yu can take it again and I believe it's a month or so. :bnghd:

top topics

join