It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans making big 2006 elections comeback according to new poll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hey, Ox, no problem, apology accepted. And I apologize for misreading your intent in your post. And you are right, every time the Dems try to launch an investigation into anything, it gets shot down and that is a major problem for the entire country. I have followed John Conyers political career for the last 40 years and I see him again and again attempting to launch an investigation into election fraud and numerous other things, but he always gets shot down. Then there's Cynthia McKinney, who BushCo pushed out of Congress. She was on their * list from Day One, when she asked for an investigation into 9/11. The list goes on and on.

Ox

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, getting back to the links I put up.. I know you said you saw the video of the Congressional hearing... That should be enough to file some sort of proceedings against the Bush Administration I would think..

The point of that particular website is to help point out these things that are going on and educate the people.. Yes these actions are going on, Fraudulent elections, falsified intelligence, false flag operations, The administration is bettering itself, they do what is good for them and their campaign sponsors.. gotta keep them happy too, they keep the money flowing in..

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This might be of interest.

A majority -- 55 percent -- said they are more likely to back a challenger in races on this year's ballot. Such anti-incumbent sentiment is higher than the 48 percent recorded as "pro-challenger" in a similar survey in 1994, when the GOP took control of both houses of Congress.

Nonetheless, 48 percent said that, if most of the present members of Congress were replaced with new members, there would be no difference. By contrast, 42 percent said such a scenario would change Congress for the better, and 7 percent said it would change Congress for the worse.

Link

It seems if the Dems are unable to sell themselvs as an alternative and yet people may vote for them because they dont like what the Republicans have been doing in office.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
It seems if the Dems are unable to sell themselvs as an alternative and yet people may vote for them because they dont like what the Republicans have been doing in office.

The more likely scenario is just Republicans stay home while Democrats, driven by Bush hatred, go to the polls en masse.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The more likely scenario is just Republicans stay home while Democrats, driven by Bush hatred, go to the polls en masse.

Interesting point I think that it is more likely that the die hard Republicans will be very scared at the prospect of the Dems once again controlling both houses. You would think that every die hard Republican supporter would be standing on every street corner urging the more moderate Republican supporters to get out and vote.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by xpert11]

Ox

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I urge EVERYONE to go out and vote.... period.. Your vote counts.. But I'd also urge everyone to research who they are voting and stop with the party loyalties.. I mean. there is no use in voting for a party that you dont agree with just because you have "Party loyalties" ... That's what can screw the country up.. and then.. these people complain about it.. If you do not agree with "your" parties policies then I suggest you dont vote for them..

This is serious, its not voting for prom queen.. These choices and votes affect millions of people and can sometimes affect the world...

Ox

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I thought I'd try to bring a little humour to this thread... with an accurate portrayal of the Bush Administration...The most accurate one I've found to date

Source

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well at least it looks like the Republicans will at least keep the Senate with the nomination of Lincoln Chafee. Although, he looks more like Democrat than a Republican we just need the one vote out of him to organize the Senate...all Democrat plans for retaking the Senate included grabbing his seat and that pretty much depended on us eating our own like what happened to Lieberman in CT.

Ox

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
He had Democrat backing, and is supposedly one of the most liberal Republicans around, I dont think it matters too much, this is just one so far. We'll see how the rest go

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You can see the symptoms of the Dems problems but they have choosen to do nothing about the problems they face .
The Dems may be able to ride the wave of Anti Bush sentiment into office.
But then what ?
In the future there will be a new occupant of the Oval Office and then the Dems lack of values and the fact that most of them change there stances when the wind blows will come back to haunt them.

Another problem the Dems face is they have lost touched with the common man.
I would Welcome an American to correct me if Im wrong. All the Dems seem to be millionaires now dont get me wrong I dont have a problem with people who have had success finanically.
But where are the School teachers , Bus drivers and small business owners e.t.c ?

[edit on 13-9-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Finally some good news! I think people are starting to realize what would happen if the Dems took over the Congress.

[edit on 8/30/2006 by djohnsto77]

What? Like investigations into the myriad wrongdoings of this administration and its congressional allies?

That would be a good thing for this ailing Republic, my friend.

These people in charge today will bring nothing but ruin upon us.

Its time to reign them in and hold them to account.

If the Democrats retake one or both chambers of congress, the BushCons had better lawyer up fast.

Democrats will never charge Bush with anything, as they recognize the official story of things. The president going to war is in no way a crime, poor judgement, lieing to the people, killing thousands and being rather immorale, are not illegal, hes the president.

Secondly, Bush does not represent (well he does in form, but not in values) the republican party. Don't blame republicans for Bush's wrong doings.

Ox

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
xpert11... Why does it have to be a Democrat? is it impossible for people to vote Independant? They're people too.. Usually not millionaires... Just.. People. trying to do something to help or change something..

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
xpert11... Why does it have to be a Democrat? is it impossible for people to vote Independant? They're people too.. Usually not millionaires... Just.. People. trying to do something to help or change something..

Hmm Im not quite sure what your getting at but you are correct in saying that you dont have to be a Democrat to be in touch with the common man. My point wasnt that only the Democrats can be in touch with there core supporters. My point was that the Democrats are out of touch with there traditional and potential supporters.

Ox

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Xpert, What I was getting at is that there are more than just Republican and Democrats to vote for.... It doesnt have to be one of these parties. It can be an Independant. They usually dont have the millionaire backing of the other two parties but they do pretty good.. And usually their policies are (I did say usually) about helping out the people, not just themselves

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ox now I understand where your coming from there is nothing wrong with voting for an independent if they represent your values better then the two main partys do.
You may interested in this thread if you havnt read it alreadly.

Ox

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Nice thread... I think I might join that and share somethig rather interesting with you about the voting machine thingy... Anyway..

I think party loyalties are the most retarded thing there is.. I think MORE people should go and research their politicians.. I also believe that politicians shouldnt be allowed to advertise and slander the opposition.. this creates bias, especially when there are words like "taxes" and "terror" used...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The more likely scenario is just Republicans stay home while Democrats, driven by Bush hatred, go to the polls en mases.

Wrong, no driven by hatred dj but more by the disappointment of the war in Iraq and the state of affairs in our nation, the disappointment about the natural disaster response in the south and bad foreign politics.

No, is not the Republican party what people hate but the fact that our elected officials seems to go for a ride and do nothing about the the bad politics in our nation.

Like I said on another thread before . . . hope is what is going to drive people to vote next elections.

Ox

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I cant believe this is actually happening.. Bush and the GOP are making Democrats and Iraq war critics out to be "appeasing terrorists" ugh.. What has this country come too?

Source

This sickens me more than anything..

Republicans contend they can win the national security argument if they can link the two conflicts and emphasize national security, which historically has been the party's strength.

Yeah cause they've done such a great job so far, maybe they should replace "National security" with "Removing the rights of citizens"...

Democrats contend they can win control of Congress if voters view Iraq — and the problems there — on its own.

Finally someone has the right idea... This war is just a joke, it's gone on way too long and should never have happened.

Despite such dismal sentiments, Americans are conflicted about whether to fire incumbents this fall. Three-in-five likely voters said most members of Congress deserve to be voted out of office but about the same also said their own representative should be re-elected.

Then that's not firing them is it? That's keeping the same fools in office and letting them screw up even more.. Nice job Mr Average American Voter man...

In the 2002 and 2004 elections, Republicans successfully painted their rivals as weak on national security and they are using the same strategy this year. Democrats have aggressively tried to rebut the attacks as they push to gain 15 House seats and six Senate seats to take control.

Cause that's the ONLY arguement they have, nothing else.. All terror all the time, they're winning with fear and TERROR tactics against their own people... Head games...

WASHINGTON - President Bush and Republicans have gained some ground in their bid to hold onto Congress as a sustained GOP effort to portray Democrats and
Iraq war critics as appeasing terrorists has swayed voters

Yeah, laugh it up chuckle head. The American people are onto your game, and they wont let you get away with it this time, I am thoroughly convinced that if the Republican party wins ANY election this year, that it's rigged.. There is NO way there can be that many people out there still supporting this garbage

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

It looks like chances of us keeping the Congress look much better in the latest Gallup Poll. I wonder why more people aren't talking about this?
It's under the theory that if you don't talk about it it will go away.

The polls showed Bush losing both times he ran. We "fixed" the polls and now they show up for the republicans...what a surprise.

Ox

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
jlc163 here's a link that will help verify that argument, if youre interested and want to be shocked a little... Watch this..

Voting outrage

It's a good watch, the sound isnt the best, but. nonetheless, it makes you think

top topics

<< 1   >>

join