It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans making big 2006 elections comeback according to new poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It looks like chances of us keeping the Congress look much better in the latest Gallup Poll. I wonder why more people aren't talking about this?

WASHINGTON -- Republicans have moved closer to the Democrats in a congressional voter-preference poll just as the election campaigns near the official Labor Day starting gate.

The surprising findings in a little-noticed Gallup Poll that were ignored by most of the national news media shows the Democrats barely leading the Republicans by just two points -- 47 percent to 45 percent.

After months of generic polling numbers by Gallup and others showing the GOP lagged far behind the Democrats by a seemingly insurmountable 9 to 10 points, the titanic political battle for control of Congress is virtually dead even. This means we may not experience the feared Category 5 political storm some election analysts have forecast that would topple the GOP's House majority and cut deeply into its grip on the Senate.

Townhall.com

Finally some good news! I think people are starting to realize what would happen if the Dems took over the Congress.

[edit on 8/30/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Finally some good news! I think people are starting to realize what would happen if the Dems took over the Congress.

What? Like investigations into the myriad wrongdoings of this administration and its congressional allies?

That would be a good thing for this ailing Republic, my friend.

These people in charge today will bring nothing but ruin upon us.

Its time to reign them in and hold them to account.

If the Democrats retake one or both chambers of congress, the BushCons had better lawyer up fast.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Eastcoastkid if the Democrats won back either of the houses I think life would be more diffcult for the Bush admin but I dont think there would be any real investigations for the simple reason that many of the Democrats supported the likes of the war in Iraq untill things went down hill.
Wouldnt geniune investigations destory the Democrats as well as the Bush admin ?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Eastcoastkid if the Democrats won back either of the houses I think life would be more diffcult for the Bush admin but I dont think there would be any real investigations for the simple reason that many of the Democrats supported the likes of the war in Iraq untill things went down hill.
Wouldnt geniune investigations destory the Democrats as well as the Bush admin ?

The case can be made that the Bush administration lied congress into war (altho personally I think that's a big copout). If I knew it was BS, those congressional Democrats should have known that. They did not want to appear as weak, tho. So they use the canard that they were lied into it.

As for the administration, they can only try and prove they were fooled by faulty intel (which they themselves cherry-picked and stove-piped). Bush did lie, tho, in his state of the union address (re: yellowcake - those 16 words). That is akin to lying under oath. And we all know why Clinton was impeached...

Genuine investigations wouldn't hurt the Democrats. This has been a Republican game from day one (2000). Take the huge Abramoff scandal, it is mostly a Republican affair, some say the biggest to ever hit DC. It could bring alot of people down, mostly Republican.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sure Republicans will win congress again, they need to finish the job given to them by the real powers that run the nation.

Just like they made sure Bush got re-elected.

The propaganda machine is working at full speed to make sure that the public is well groomed prepare when the voting machines give the results.

We all know how the polls has been againts the Bush administration, but now lo and behold they are gaining in the polls at least that is what is claimed here.

All these is so predictable is not even funny anymore.

Ox

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Eastcoastkid has it... They will... HAVE brought us nothing but ruins.. they are bettering themselves and peeing on the rest of the country.. They have brought us into near recession, they have put the economy in the toilet and dropped the country into a nation debt of RIDICULOUS proportions, I dont think there is another country in the world that has debt this bad..

The republican party are bigots, they're racist, they hate anyone who doesnt follow their rightous cause, and you MUST be patriotic to be america.. if you are against them and their policies and views, youre labelled unpatriotic.. period.. Money hungry war mongers

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i think in the 50s america was the smartest country in the world. not anymore!

www.cbsnews.com...
Poor Marks For U.S. Education System
1. South Korea 1.4 percent
2. Japan 2.2
3. Finland 4.4
4. Canada 5
5. Australia 6.2
6. Austria 8.2
7. Britain 9.4
8. Ireland 10.2
9. Sweden 10.8
10. Czech Republic 12.2
- (tie) New Zealand 12.2
12. France 12.6
13. Switzerland 13
14. Belgium 14
- (tie) Iceland 14
16. Hungary 14.2
- (tie) Norway 14.2
18. United States 16.2
19. Germany 17
- (tie) Denmark 17
21. Spain 18.6
22. Italy 20.2
23. Greece 23.2
24. Portugal 23.6

im sure the republicans will win the house and senate again. we're stupid like that.

stupid kids have stupid parents.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by djohnsto77

What? Like investigations into the myriad wrongdoings of this administration and its congressional allies?

That would be a good thing for this ailing Republic, my friend.

These people in charge today will bring nothing but ruin upon us.

Its time to reign them in and hold them to account.

If the Democrats retake one or both chambers of congress, the BushCons had better lawyer up fast.

Mmmhmmm... while I do not think that an all republican majority once again is a good thing, even being republican myself, though with out wanting to incite political debate and rather ask a simple question: The dems are going to be the all mighty saviors of America from the boogy man Bush and the evil Neocons. Riiight.. because democrats, the political saint of this here country, will bring to justice all those who wronged us?

Democrat = Republican

The difference is simple, they spend money on different crap, but still spend the same money and profit in the same ways, only they spread different ideology that is in its self undecideable ideology because it is to conroversial that nothing actually gets done, thus giving the impression the two are different parties when infact they are the same party that gets nothing done, which allows them to actually get everything done. All the wrong things, the slippery business deals, the behind the scene movement of world leaders and the plannings of wars that will soon come. They are not different and it does not matter who you elect because no one cares about you, you are worthless in the minds of the elected official.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
double post.. my bad..

[edit on 9/2/2006 by Rockpuck]

Ox

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think one of the biggest problems in America is that people categorize themselves by saying I'm either Republican or Democrat.. They dont vote for the person who they believe will do the best job, or who will do the right thing or stick to the law and do what's right for the country and the people, they vote for the party they "Are".. And then they complain about it.. like they had no choice.. People need to realise they cant be stuck on either one side of the fence or the other.. They should vote for who they believe will do them right..

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
I think one of the biggest problems in America is that people categorize themselves by saying I'm either Republican or Democrat..

Its called party loyalties, something I found out early in life when my parents told me how to vote on my first elections.

It was not who I wanted but what my parents said it was the Right thing to do.

Later I understood what they were trying to tell me, is about party loyalties and what the parties stand for.

But what many doesn't understand is that things change with the turn of times and the ideologies of parties may no be what it was when your parents where younger.

Politics change and so politicians they do not have to follow party lines anymore.

I am glad to say that I do not hold loyalties for any party or politician.

But I can tell a bad government from a better one.
or at least hope for a better one.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
I think one of the biggest problems in America is that people categorize themselves by saying I'm either Republican or Democrat.. They dont vote for the person who they believe will do the best job, or who will do the right thing or stick to the law and do what's right for the country and the people, they vote for the party they "Are".. And then they complain about it.. like they had no choice.. People need to realise they cant be stuck on either one side of the fence or the other.. They should vote for who they believe will do them right..

Well said ox.

But sadly i believe there isi'nt much the average people can do anyway.

Ox

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I believe there is alot the average person can do.. And that would be.. VOTE!!!.. I know Americans have the choice whether they can vote or not.. and alot dont... They walk around saying things like "Why vote? doesnt make a difference anyway".. It does make a different.. Speak up, choose who you wish to vote for and choose wisely, its not a snap decision, with the internet you can research the candidates, see who they are.. their policies.. Try it...

Check out the link in my signature.. there's something that might help..

It's your voice.. Your choice.. remember that

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Don't worry I got you, and i share your views about voting. I was referring to something more along the lines of the whole Kerry, Bush election. I still kind of feel things were "tweaked" so to speak. Thing is if the officials get enough power, and some are'nt far from that, look at bush and his anticks, the people won't have much choice. But voting is a good start don't get me wrong but like you said, people say why vote, etc. and thats thier opinion. The general people should be more informed. Another thing, The people voted for Bush? Look what we got. The ones that get to the top are the most curropt, and im not saying bush is really curropt, i just believe he has bad judgement. Everytime i look at him, i refuse to to accept the fact he was chosen president, 2 times. he belongs in Texas.

Ox

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well.. to touch on the fact that you believe it was "tweaked" if you believe that .. then try this link

Voting Outrage

That's a congressional hearing where a gentleman states he WROTE software for the touch screen voting machines that would flip the votes 51% to 49%.. Didnt Bush win by 51%??

Another problem is that ALOT of people in power, bring in their families, cousins, brothers, etc.. ALOT of Congress's power runs along family lines

Congress family lines

So I think that's another problem, family members endorsing family members, Even Bush has been quoted as saying "I think Jeb Bush would make an excellent President"

See my point?? Certain parties, certain families....

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I kinda figured something like this would happen, Repubs suddenly closing in on the Dems. They're getting us ready to believe that a Repub majority wins this election. I used to believe in voting, until 2000 and 2004 elections, which were stolen. And besides that, what kind of candidates have they given us these last years, I mean the Repubs have become the Neocon party and the Dems have become the Spineless party.

Ox

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I wouldnt say the Democrats are spineless.. I just think everytime they try something, they get forced down a dead end road so to speak.. They are bocked at every turn by the republicans.. And there isnt much they can do about it..

And we all knew this was going to happen.. Yes.. the elections were BLATANTLY stolen, and yet the American people sit by doing nothing about it.. In my last post I posted two links.. view those... They have a lot to do with this thread.. Might help you understand more WHY this is happening

Ox

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wow.. and the news keeps rushing in.. Not only are gas prices dropping like the approval ratings of the Iraq war... but .. after YEARS of ZERO progress in Iraq... the news pops out that the "Deputy Leader" of Al Qaeda has been captured in Iraq.... *GASP* and just months before the congressional elections...

Yahoo news

How convenient....

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
I wouldnt say the Democrats are spineless.. I just think everytime they try something, they get forced down a dead end road so to speak.. They are bocked at every turn by the republicans.. And there isnt much they can do about it..

And we all knew this was going to happen.. Yes.. the elections were BLATANTLY stolen, and yet the American people sit by doing nothing about it.. In my last post I posted two links.. view those... They have a lot to do with this thread.. Might help you understand more WHY this is happening

I've read both your links and I agree completely. The Dems have been blocked by the Repubs, but they still vote don't they? And they never opposed the war in Iraq for instance. But I don't think it's the whole story. When I vote for someone to represent me, I expect that person to have the courage to speak out about corruption, graft, etc. But the Dems aren't doing that. I'm not anti-Dem, either I was a lifelong Dem until the last election, when Kerry didn't contest the fraudulent election. That's the kind of spinelessness I'm thinking of. The Dems are not total victims in this case.

But I don't understand why you think I don't know what's going on. I read news at least 2 hours everyday and I try to read objective, solid journalists as well as alternative, etc. Seems like a rather judgmental statement to say, based on all of what one paragraph that I wrote? Not good to make assumptions about people you know nothing about.

Ox

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I apologise.. It's not what I meant.. I didnt mean that you didnt understand what was going on... I meant with the Congress family lines thread.. Families join the same parties as each other.. and usually are running mates... if not then they are HIGHLY endorsed, politically and financially by their other families members that may be leaving a seat.. thats all I meant.. again. I apologise for the misunderstanding..

And the Democrats arent speaking out for a simple reason, they have almost as much hand in this as the Republicans... But!, to the democrats defense, I think alot of them were fooled just as the citizens where.. I think they fell for the same deception of falsified intelligence the rest of us did and they're not willing to admit it..

I mean, in the beginning there was much anger and hate toward Iraq and afghanistan for the supposed attacks on 9/11.. But now.. we are starting to see the bigger picture.. that the USA are the invaders.. and these people fighting the U.S. troops are fighting for their own freedom.. from us... I hate to say it but that's what's happening...

And as I said previously, when the Democrats DO speak, they are shoved down a dead end road, their investigations blocked etc etc...

Again, I apologise for the minunderstanding...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join