It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Masonic History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Freemasons have played key roles throughout the history of the United States.

The American Revolution

This article focuses on the role Masons had in the American Revolution. The author, Joe Hova, is not a Mason, and thus, his work is based on various resources that may be thought as less credible by the fraternity.

www.joehova.com...

Freemasonry had an influence in the creation of various American documents such as the Albany Plan and the Declaration of Independence. This link is chapter 4 of Background, History, and Influence to 1846 by James Davis Carter. The Committee on Masonic Education and Services published Carter's book:

www.geocities.com...

The Civil War

A member of Nelms Lodge #323 created this site. The author contains short stories of Masons helping Masons regardless of uniform.

www.mcdanielsells.com...

The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has posted an electronic edition of Freemasonry and the War. Report of the Committee Under Resolution of 1862, Grand Lodge of Virginia. The article is a statement from the Grand Lodge of Virginia to the Northern Masonic Lodges on the basis that they are being misrepresented because of their part in the Civil War.

Famous masons

Throughout the history of the United States,Masons have played an important role in the country's development. The following resources have detailed information about individual Masons and how they contributed to the history of the United States

The Frontier Army Lodge of Masonic Research #1875 compiled this list of U.S. Presidents that were Masons. Each entry has the date that the Mason served as the President of the United States and the lodges they were affiliated with. Some of the entries have links to other pages that include a longer history of the person accompanied by photographs:

www.falmr.org...

The Frontier Army Lodge of Masonic Research #1875 compiled this list of Masons who participated in the Civil War. Each entry is vague and not many of the entries include dates of service. Some of the entries have links to other pages that include a longer history of the person accompanied by photographs.

www.falmr.org...

Compiled by the Baron Steuben Lodge located in Lee Center, New York, this resource is a list of famous Masons. The categories that are included are Famous Inventors, American Patriots, American Pioneers, Signers of the Declaration of Independence, Signers of the Constitution, United States Astronauts, American Explores, Musicians/ Composers, Entertainers, Television/ Film stars, sports stars, writers/authors, business leaders, religious leaders, and other important Masons.

www.mastermason.com...

The California Lodge of Research has compiled a list of famous Masons, similar to Master Mason web resource described above. However, this resource lists the lodges where they were members. This information is extremely important if a web user is trying to determine if a person was officially a Mason.

www.calodges.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My grandfather was a 32nd degree Mason. My great, great grandfather was Brig. Gen. Daniel E. Sickles, infamous at the Battle of Gettysburg. I have tried to find out if he was a Mason. He shot the son of Frances Scott Key, who was a Mason. ( I don't know if Key Jr. was.)

(There was a Daniel Sickels- Aurora Grata lodge in N.Y., circa 1874)
[Edited on 3-11-2003 by DrSaid]

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by DrSaid]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Has anybody ever noticed that Masonic lodges are usually close in proximity to a Catholic church? Just something I've noticed in my travels.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yes, freemasonry is very common in our history.
Interesting fact.. One of my ancestors that some of you may have heard of.. Ethan Allen, was a player in the revolutionary war and also a freemason, the interesting part is that freemasons require the belief in a god, they don't care what god, just that you worship a god... Great uncle Ethan was an Atheist, I wonder how they overlooked that? or is that a recently added requirement of membership?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes, Dr.Said.
I have noticed that. The Scottish Rite lodge here
in town is next to one, too.
The mason's are responsible for the construction
of many of the catholic churches.
They place them where ley lines intersect.
These areas are places of high psychic energy.
Which is conductive to contacting the spiritual plane.
Also the way the temples are constructed magnifies
the energy. They call it sacred geometry.

new topics

top topics

join