It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A story about my friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Take the following story with a grain of salt.... it's the same story that my friend has told me on numerous occasions, each time using the same details and never wandering from the main points.... he's told it completely serious and I've known him for a long time so I take it seriously. I also remember certain parts about it and can verify certain details that, while not actually proving the story, they make me wonder why he would make up a story about these things and then insist it's the truth? So I've always just sorta believed him.

Anyways, this particular event happened to him when he was in third-grade. He went over to a friend's house and while he and his friend were outside playing, he seems to remember the friend inexplicably swinging a baseball-bat and hitting him in the back of the head with it. The next thing he remembers was getting picked up by his mother, the next day. Obviously, he had a large bruise and maybe even a cut and his mother asked his friend's mother what had happened to him and she just said something along the lines of "Oh, they were playing and he fell" or something that... something so casual as to just blow it off. My friend remembers his mother being quite puzzled and concerned that he received such an injury but the friend's mom didn't bother calling her and telling her about it, or even taking him to the hospital.

Basically, my friend says he can't think of anything else other than he was laying down unconscious for a day's worth of time at his friend's, after getting hit in the head. To this day, he can't remember anything from when he got hit to getting picked up by his mom, which was about a day. And even now, when we talk about that incident, we just think it's so weird that his mother didn't bother to call his my mom or anyone else, they just kept him there, on a bed or something.

But the weird part is that not long after this incident, within a week, he and his classmates (including myself) were entered into a writing contest, where we each had to write a story and enter it into the contest for a prize.

Well, my friend ended up winning the contest. But his story was BIZARRE, especially for a 3rd-grade. From what I can remember and from what my friend remembers, the story was about the subject of aliens... something that neither of us were too familiar with as third-graders, if at all. In this story, aliens were coming down and eating people... that's what the aliens ate and it was nothing really evil or anything, it's just that people happened to be what the aliens ate. And it was this long story about it and in the end, the main character of the story convinces the aliens to eat watermelons instead of people because it was a bad thing to do to the people etc.

Anyways, this story isn't really THAT amazing... it's just that he never had heavy influences from alien pop-culture growing up, not like there is today.... and especially not as a 3rd-grader. It just isn't what we were into at that age. Well, the story ended up winning the first-prize in the contest... and all the teachers thought it was such a great story and I vividly remember them being really amazed that this third-grade churned out this long and detailed story.

The only other detail that I can remember worth including is that very shortly after this incident, I dunno, a few weeks or a month or two... the family of my buddy's friend moved away and it was pretty sudden... they just packed up and left.

First of all.... I'm not really implying anything about this. The only reason I posted it here was becaue of the alien-story. But what are the odds that my friend went through an abduction experience and the baseball-bat thing was just a way to cover it up? A false-memory? I don't seem to recall him having any medical issues related to his injury.... in fact, I think it probably healed up pretty fast. The whole just sounds really weird and because I knew the parties involved etc.... I dunno, the whole situation had this very weird and surreal vibe to it, with the contest-winning story a week after getting hit in the head and even this kid who my friend was visiting was a pretty odd kid himself... just an oddball, from what I remember.

And I'm not saying I definately 100% believe that abductions are legit alien encounters. That's just the closest comparison I can think of for this situation. Just a weird thing, really.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by firebat]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It sounds like your friend is very lucky to be around at all. Unfortunately, people tend to panic and think they will somehow be in big trouble in these situations. So instead of the kid's mother taking him to the hospital where he should have gone, she just put him to bed and hoped he would wake up. I'm just wondering what this woman would have done had your friend died? Bury him in the back yard? Make up some wild story to exonerate her son? It just boggles my mind how people can be so selfish. That is if I'm right and I think I am.

As for the story, I wrote extensive and very adult stories at that age also, so I wouldn't read too much into that. The moving away part, who knows?

JMO

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the story but the father of this kid who my buddy knew was an eye-doctor...maybe a couple of years after they moved away, the father died of some sort of eye-cancer. Talk about irony.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, losing memory from a head injury is not uncommon.

I had an acquiantance once run straight into a tree at full speed. (The cracking sound was something to hear!)

We called an ambulance. Every few minutes he would say "I'm ok. WHere am I?"

This lasted for about 20 minutes until the ambulance showed up. He wasn't forming memories during that time period. It was spooky. His recovery wasn't fun after that but I wasn't privy to the details.

Anyway, the point is, if one kid hits another kid in the head with a baseball bat, and the kid is not forming memories for a day, that would unfortunately be quite possible and reasonable, without including aliens in the mix.

As for the stories about aliens: My brother used to write stories like that in third grade. Usually involving aliens in an elevator explaining why we were so pathetic.

Personally, I like the watermellon conclusion. Thats really the way it should be.

So this morning, I was driving to work and I saw a tortoise crossing the road. It was a small one, not very old. I pulled over and cringed as various trucks and cars swerved around it. Once the traffic cleared, I grabbed it so it wouldn't end up as a flat tortoise, and I took it home to see my wife. It was scared. Biting, clawing, pissing. We put it in a box to try to calm it down, and then took it to the local park and let it go, where it wouldn't get run over by cars today. Nice of us. Scared the **** out of the tortoise.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
So this morning, I was driving to work and I saw a tortoise crossing the road. It was a small one, not very old. I pulled over and cringed as various trucks and cars swerved around it. Once the traffic cleared, I grabbed it so it wouldn't end up as a flat tortoise, and I took it home to see my wife. It was scared. Biting, clawing, pissing. We put it in a box to try to calm it down, and then took it to the local park and let it go, where it wouldn't get run over by cars today. Nice of us. Scared the **** out of the tortoise.

You know, this might sound strange, but within maybe the past 1 of 2 years, I've been in the habit of saving animals, too... but sometimes, it's to the point where if I see a big beatle, lying on its back and can't turn over, I help it out. The other day, I saw a spider floating in my dog's water-dish and I decided to reach down and save it, even though I HATE spiders.

Anyways.... imagine if we could solve the world's problems with watermelon..

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is absolutely true:

Last night I saw a fairly big spider in my bathtub about 5 minutes before that I saw a pin head sized spider curled up on my sink dead. Well, since it is rare that there are any bugs around my house at all, I decided to take the little dead spider and put it in the tub so the big one wouldn't starve. An hour later I checked the tub and couldn't see the big one anywhere but the little one was still lying there. I got up the next morning and decided it had been long enough as I wanted to shower and I wasn't going to do it with a dead spider. When I went in the bathroom, the little one was gone. I kinda felt a little surge knowing the live spider had something to keep it going.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't really know what to say,

Perhaps I know your friend, and I may be able to wish him something more. Someone told me lately, that winning such a nice .. .. .. is just for special people. Those winning it are always some being protected and never have been left alone.

Do you expect to have it? Soon, you'll see it. It will change your life forever, and you'll be "The One".

new topics

top topics

join