It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more trouble at the airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
yes, the latest security scare is in the news today in the form of a black t-shirt with the phrase 'we will not be silent' in both arabic and english written on it.

the airline wouldnt let the iraqi-born architect onto the plane wearing the t-shirt and eventually he was pursuaded to wear one from the airport shop instead.

Mr Jarrar told a New York radio station: "I grew up and spent all my life living under authoritarian regimes and I know that these things happen. But I'm shocked that they happened to me here, in the US."

the irony is in the last two paragraphs of the article though....

""We Will Not Be Silent" is a slogan adopted by opponents of the war in Iraq and other conflicts in the Middle East.

It is said to derive from the White Rose dissident group which opposed Nazi rule in Germany."

heres the story

funny isnt it - that after the bombings in london, that mass movement of the phrase 'we are not afraid' was spreading around the globe like a plague, but the country that prides itself on free speech wont allow a man to wear a t-shirt that has a similar sentiment written on it just because it is anti-war.

how far is too far and at what point will you say that this is just getting ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Its sad that people get so freightened over arabic writing. It goes to show how ignorance is one of the biggest dangers to humanity.

I mean, come on people.

join