It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Broadcast Audio of Women's Bathroom chit-chat over Bush's speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
O my! The heads are gonna roll at CNN for letting this happen. Evidently someone in the sound department missed their cup of coffee that morning. While broadcasting President Bush's speech on the anniversary of Katrina, we were treated with a conversation that CNN Reporter Kyra Phillips had in the barroom with another female.

We heard how great here husband was (Luck for her) and then we got to hear how much of a control freak her sister in law was. Ooops! Holiday events with the family just got a bit awkward. It's one thing for your sister-in-law to hear it throught the grapevine, but when you broadcast it on CNN I think you're going to have a hard time explaining it away.

I know what you're all thinking. This was way more interesting than what Bush was saying.

Oops! CNN Airs Anchor's Girltalk Over Bush Speech
Looking for a "passionate, compassionate, great, great" man? Well, according to CNN's Kyra Phillips, they do indeed exist. During CNN's live coverage of President Bush's remarks from New Orleans, Phillips was unaware that her microphone was on and picked up portions of a conversation she was having with another woman.

"My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving,"

" his (Kyra's brother) wife is just a control freak."

[edit on 30-8-2006 by dbates]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
When I read that I cracked up laughing. What better way to enjoy one of Bush's speeches than to ehar people bathroom-talking over it. I wish I had a recording of it.

Edit: Oh wait, you gave me one, thanks Dbates

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Doesn't CNN have a control room that selects the audio sources that go on the air? I don't understand why this person had to turn off her microphone to get it off the broadcast. I'm very suspicious this is another prank by CNN to disrespect this administration, just like the flashing X over Cheney not long ago.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Doesn't CNN have a control room that selects the audio sources that go on the air? I don't understand why this person had to turn off her microphone to get it off the broadcast. I'm very suspicious this is another prank by CNN to disrespect this administration, just like the flashing X over Cheney not long ago.

Even if it is a prank, it's much more interesting to listen to.

Did'nt the guy responsible for the X thing get fired though?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
OH MY WORD!

I would just die if I were her. I caught this before I got on the board and listened to it, and it is, I can't even describe this.

I also thought the control room could turn these mics off & on. How could this happen. Wonder if she has any recourse.

I think I'd have to go into hiding if my personal conversations in ladies room chats were aired on CNN.

top topics

join