It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Nevada in October

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Im going to Nevada in october for a few weeks.

Ive got the trip to area 51 mapped out, drive up the ET highway, camp overnight, and the possibility of hiring a cesna for a flight when the restricted airspace is moved back a bit at the weekends..

Ive also got a trip to nellis planned to have a look around and see some mighty military hardware on display.

Anything else you guys recommend??

Ive got vegas sightseeing and shooting range sorted, plus ill be heading down to LA for a few days as well..

Ill post pics when i get back, along with a nice big scotland flag planted outside Area 51..

If theres anything i sould deffo see when im in that area let me know

Cheers,

Troy.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by zeetroyman]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'd just add...

Don't break any laws.... stay outside of restricted airspace, don't go beyond any "marked" areas around A51... etc.

The security out there don't mess around...

other than that... have fun, and I can't wait to see your pictures.

Toc

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
Im going to Nevada in october for a few weeks.

Ive got the trip to area 51 mapped out, drive up the ET highway, camp overnight, and the possibility of hiring a cesna for a flight when the restricted airspace is moved back a bit at the weekends..

Ive also got a trip to nellis planned to have a look around and see some mighty military hardware on display.

Anything else you guys recommend??

Ive got vegas sightseeing and shooting range sorted, plus ill be heading down to LA for a few days as well..

Ill post pics when i get back, along with a nice big scotland flag planted outside Area 51..

If theres anything i sould deffo see when im in that area let me know

Cheers,

Troy.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by zeetroyman]

Looking forward to hear from your trip Troy
. Hope you have some exciting moments overthere.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Its Cool,

Ill be hiring a vegas pilot who knows the airspace well..

Hope to see some stealths at Nellis as well.

Lets see how the camo dudes take me in full kilt, bagpipes and scotland flag at the gate

Well looking forward to it, had it booked for a year.. Money is of no significance for this once in a lifetime trip..

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Be real careful! Those lines of out of bounce aren't always so obvious. You might think you're on legal ground just to find the local Sherriff's Deputy pulling up behind you and actualy arresting you for Criminal Tresspassing. Trust me.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The best way to see anything, if anything is to be seen, is to drive into the desert north of Groom about 20 or 30 miles with your camping gear. Find a nice desolate spot, park, set up your camping gear, lie down on your back and look up. It usually takes about 6 to 12 hours for something to show up mainly because the heat signature on your vehicle has to cool down. The technology is so advanced in detecting humans that it is unlikely you will go undetected, however 'they' don't really care if you just see weird 'lights'. All that area is well monitored by the sensors on Bald Mountain and elsewhere. Expect to see some weird holograms, 'they' the guys at Groom) like to play with visitors.

If you have the time and patience I would suggest driving north to Ely, take 93 north out of Ely then turn right on 93 alternate. Somewhere between 93 and 93 alternate (about 20 or 30 miles north of the intersection) is the new (actually about 10 years old) secret area. Its all underground. The military still insists on patroling the area in spite of the fact that it is a tip off so when you see white SUV's or vans you are getting close.

Observation takes time so unless you are prepared to sit for hours on end you are not likely to see anything unusual. You won't be able to see any runways, they are too well hidden and only 'open up' for take offs and landings and cannot be seen from the road.

It would nice to take along NVG's and binoculars but these may be seen as 'instruments of terror' or 'instruments of espionage' and confiscated while you are fed to the coyotes. And, no, this is not a free country anymore (if it ever was) no matter what you think you believe.

Leave a note with exactly where you are going and when you expect to be back. Not that it will do any good. If you are detained, it will be for good, not just for a few hours. The only reason I say to leave the note about when you will be back is that if you don't make it back your friends and relatives won't have to wait before splitting up your possessions.

If you make it back I give you another place which is even newer and better in the same general area. I'd go myself but I need another few years with my grandson to teach him the finer points of firearms handling.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As you know, it's desert country.

Prepare well with a warm jacket for the cool nights that are coming as well as carry a lot of water with you.
You won't believe how fast you can go through a couple of gallons of water on a hot day . . . all by yourself.

Take a big ice chest with food and a couple cases of bottled water (48 bottles).
Ice the bottled water down as you consume it.

The melted ice is a good source of water as well, drink it last.

Carry a walking stick and flashlight and watch where you step in the dark.
Rattlesnakes live in the desert so you want to be careful.

If you're going to be doing any laying around, much safer to do it in the bed of a pickup during the dark hours.

I don't want to scare you off.
More than likely you won't have a problem with snakes, but it helps to know what could happen....

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
John, you're just trying to throw him off track so he doesn't try to jump your claim.

Actually what I think you are saying is, go ahead if you want to dissapear. Talk about raising the hairs on your neck!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
cheers for the reply john and desert..

Ill be fine, im mid 30s so not silly enough to go wandering about.. I do expect to spend close on 12 /24hrs in the region. being from Scotland, youll gues im pretty used to the cold weather and utilities needed to survive. My buddy on this journey is an ex marine so hell keep me on the straight and narrow.

Snakebite wise, no worries there.. Ive seen a few in my time on my travels and will have the pressure bandages etc at hand should it come to that. I know how to spot them, and what tracks to look for so it should be fine..

I never thought about the heat signature from the van John, very good point. Im going there purely as its always been a dream of mines, and just to say ive lay and looked up into the sky at the dead of night close to area 51. Ill head up tikaboo as well, should be fine as im not shy of the odd mountain here ill tell you guys that.

As for the shooting side of things john, if you could recommend a good range close to vegas that would be excellent. As i said, my buddy is ex military and i done a fair bit of shooting in the RAF so we know how to handle guns in a safe way.

Think ill leave my new book " Need to Know - by Timothy Good" at home rather than take it on the plane or ill never get let in
Its a good read guys, im halfway through it and theres some exciting stuff in it. A lot weve all read about, but certainly a lot weve not, and ive been into ufology for a good 20 years now.

Thanks for the advice, and if any of you vegas guys fancy a pint with a few scots let me know

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nice I wish I could go to some of these mysterious places. I personaly would like to go see Coral Castle. www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A week till im off guys..

Photo's on my return.

Ps, ive looked into your profile and Posts John, and you sure bring a lot to the community.. A respected poster if ever ive came accross one. Keep up the good work. Love the moon photo's.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Some of the most interesting places are north of the Nellis/Groom Lake area.

Central Nevada Test Site and Base Camp are lined up nearly dead ceter of the Groom Lake runway.

The Navy has a major presence at Fallon NAS and the Fallon Test Range, and there are a number of Naval test ranges and target areas up there.

Click on the image to download a PDF of government lands in Nevada (that's most of the state!).

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You might want to consider bringing a geiger counter. Historically, there have been nuke tests in some parts of Nevada, and more recently considerable storage of nuclear waste. Try the Edmund's Scientific website (or a local military surplus store).

top topics

join