It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheehan in Middle East Negotiating Surrender

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
www.frontpagemag.com...

Okay, Okay .. I know ... this is a hard right cyber magazine. But the info in the article was correct. That poor woman, Cindy Sheehan, along with 11 others who share her view of the world, went to Jordan. They met with Ba'athist officials and Al-Sadr supporters and have been negotiating America's surrender to the terrorists. Some sites say 'surrender' ... other sites say 'discuss peace'.

www.troopshomefast.org...

Sigh. I know ya'll are sick of hearing about her. But it's good to keep tabs on these things. Gotta' know what's happening in the world ...

Would someone PLEASE get her some mental health help? Geeeeeze, you'd think that one of her new rich hollywood leftist friends would spring for some. Also - since we are at war, isn't there a law against meeting with officials of a foreign group and/or government that we are at war with? Aren't we basically at war with the ba'athists in Iraq (among others)? Kerry illegally met with Vietnam officials in France during the Vietnam war and although he escaped prosecution it was definately illegal. Isn't this meeting illegal as well?

I don't know ... I'm asking.

U.S. Code Title 18, Part I, Chapter 45 Section 953:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Bush met with her and then distanced himself. McCain met with her and then distanced himself. Hillary met with her and then distanced herself. It's easy to see why.

[edit on 8/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It does indeed sound like border-line treason.

But, comming from a lefty to a righty, do you expect to gain by this? Even us libs are trying to ignore this kook. No one outside of her circle of crazy people takes her seriously. She is a media whore (for lack of a better term). Posts like this just serve to push her back into our minds. Can't I forget this chick?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
i agree that she is a total nutcase, but if we go arresting her under this statute, we'd have to follow up with arrests of jimmy carter and jesse jackson, who have done exactly the same thing without government approval time and time again.....of course, nobody is going to arrest an ex-president, and as much as i would like to see a racist SOB like jackson in jail, nobody is going to open that can of worms either.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
do you expect to gain by this?

I expect to gain nothing.

I just posted the info so that people are aware that there are Americans over there and that we are aware of what they are doing.

Nothing more. Nothing less. Just info. (and a sincere plea for someone to get her some mental health help)

Even us libs are trying to ignore this kook.

Yes. I understand why. It's the same reason many conservatives try to ignore Jimmy Swaggart.
Unfortunately all houses suffer from bats in the attic from time to time.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is so inappropriate. Do these people she met with think she represents the American people? Is she in any position at all to be negotiating anything? I think not.

At the very least I think her passport should be revoked (along with the rest of the group). She is just was too loose a cannon. Quite frankly I'm surprised she even got far enough to do this.

Maybe she's the anit-christ?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
At the very least I think her passport should be revoked (along with the rest of the group).

Actually I had something else in mind - (not that they can do this, but I can dream!) - Change their passport country of origin ... give them new citizenship elsewhere and then not let them back in THIS country. It would certainly be good for the USA

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Bush met with her and then distanced himself. McCain met with her and then distanced himself. Hillary met with her and then distanced herself. It's easy to see why.

Yes, but not everybody distanced themselves...

I wonder if they had salad and soup for lunch?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Either way, I find it odd with the current Patriot Act in place that this group was allowed to travel there unchecked.

Guess our freedoms are not as squelched as we are beng led to believe. Seems to me this should have raised a red flag and been reviewed.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
While I'm tired of hearing about this individual I'm glad this was posted and I had a chance to review the links posted. Since one of her backers is heavily involved in Ms. Cantwell's re-election campaign I know not to vote for Cantwell. If she has one insane person in her camp...........well you get the drift.

new topics

top topics

join