It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations to British Petrolium! $55,000 profit every Minute Last Quarter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I would just like to congradulate British Petrolium for their announced profits last quarter.

Wow! Something to be proud of. $55,000 profit every minute over the past 4 months.

I'm sure they will do something very positive for humanity with their resources. Surely they can not be too greedy ???

MOD EDIT: to correct spelling error in thread title ( congradulation to congratulations)

[edit on 7/6/2010 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
With the british motorist being fleeced over £1 per litre for petrol and deisel at times during the last quarter it's not really suprising they such an obscene profit

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
wooo, big up British Companies.

Rule Brittania, Britannia rules the WORLD....etc

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres

Don't get too excited the fact that they are making such a ridiculus profit means you brits are being ripped off big time. Here in oz we pay about $1-1.2 AU a litre for petrol. that means you britons are paying about 2-2.5 as much for fuel as we are.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
$55,000 profit every minute over the past 4 months.

Wow how can they possibly survive on that type of salary,i think we should start a charity for them.

Solidshot you guy`s are paying a pound a litre
no wonder your

Western Australia is around $1.30 a litre and i`m
about that.Though not knowing what the average income and cost of living is in England its hard to compare the two Countries.

Oh and by the way BP over here is usually one of the most expensive petrol outlets,i get my fuel from Gull and Aussie owned company,so i`m glad to say the $55,000 a minute does`nt include a cent from me

Gulls probably on a measly $54,000 a minute profit.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
What does one man do with billions of dollars, what can a group of men do with billions of dollars? ... Why does our society let men get filthy rich off a monopoly? I personally would feel no remose hanging these ignorant self induced bastards in the streets for the sake of humanity!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajh91

Don't get too excited the fact that they are making such a ridiculus profit means you brits are being ripped off big time. Here in oz we pay about $1-1.2 AU a litre for petrol. that means you britons are paying about 2-2.5 as much for fuel as we are.

Which seems to be an effective stratagy.

I personally don't have a problems with high gas (petrol) prices. I think they should be higher. Maybe that would help curb the stupid and irespouncible wasting of the resource I see every damned day.

Single Occupant cars are a blight on sociaty.

[/rant]

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Their job is not to provide charity, their job is to increase shareholder wealth through generating profit. It is ethical to make money.

I see the point, but ask yourself what have you done for humanity lately?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Does everyone here understand the difference between an income statement and a balance sheet..??

Profits are on the income statement. R&D and exploration costs are typically amortized and as such are on the balance sheet....

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's is interesting that their is not an ounce of oil in the UK, yet they are making this wimsical amount of money.. It just doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
North sea oil, and also all the colonial links have given access to oil fields across the world, africa, middle-east, russia, even in America.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

Ironically, sub-compacts get the best fuel mileage of the lot.

Which does "help curb the stupid and irespouncible wasting of the resource you see every damned day."

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

LOL i wouldn't be to proud of getting ripped off daily.
Here in Aus it's $1.20au ,even if it's almost a record price here, it's still some what acceptable.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser
Which seems to be an effective stratagy.

I personally don't have a problems with high gas (petrol) prices.

Some can afford ignorance better than others; some just take personal offense at being ripped off for no good reason.

I think they should be higher. Maybe that would help curb the stupid and irespouncible wasting of the resource I see every damned day.

Then try change government wastage but do presume that people do not have the freedom and rights to waste. If that's not in the constitution it damn well should be.

Pedestrians getting run over by overloaded taxi's leave even nastier 'blights' on the roads.

Stellar

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by your_evidence

LOL i wouldn't be to proud of getting ripped off daily.
Here in Aus it's $1.20au ,even if it's almost a record price here, it's still some what acceptable.

well there was a hint of sarcasm in that post. I personally do not drive, I haven't learnt yet, and I don't plan on doing so unless its critical for a career move. I live in London and the public transport gets my ANYWHERE, very fast. Suprise, Suprise.

If higher petrol prices mean people start to switch to bikes and public transport, I'm all for it.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I tell you no oil baron can complain of how good life has been for their corporate power under the Bush administration.

After all BP has Alaska all for themselves.

I say lets give Alaska to the UK.

posted on Dec, 27 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
you people really have no idea what it costs to produce and keep refineries going do you. there are two reasons that the price of gas goes up. #1 is the price of oil. when u have to pay more for one of the ingredients, u will pay more for the final product. #2 is the fact that these companies have to spend billions every year to repair existing facilities and install new ones in order to keep up with the EPA's ever changing rules. My job is to design such facilities, so I do in fact know how much they cost.

If you are going to whine and complain about it, dont use it. It's as simple as that. You can't complain about high gas prices and complain about it hurts the environment or whatever it is you want to bitch about. And yes these companies are entitled to profit. The markup on gas is really nothing. You want a real markup? look at the clothing industry.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk
you people really have no idea what it costs to produce and keep refineries going do you.

Not really , and that was never the question, but do you know what it does and how much profit there is to be made and why the prices can fluctuate so wildly ( well spot prices anyways) widely for such small unpheavals in the supposed free markets?

there are two reasons that the price of gas goes up. #1 is the price of oil.

There has never once in the last five years been a physical oil shortage on world markets yetg as prices have rises so tremendously? Why is that so in your opinion and why should gas prices rise out of proportion when the extraction infrastructure has not changed at all?

when u have to pay more for one of the ingredients, u will pay more for the final product.

True, but in almost exact proportion? How much does your overheads really increase when the price goes up?

#2 is the fact that these companies have to spend billions every year to repair existing facilities and install new ones in order to keep up with the EPA's ever changing rules.

Those costs are baseline operating cost and should not change significantly or out of proportion to operating realities year on year. Why should we allow the EPA to 'protect' the environment so often when the generation of energy is involved?

My job is to design such facilities, so I do in fact know how much they cost.

Great thing to know and i am sure you can then explain why the infrastructure cost is suddenly so expensive to produce the same old gas..

If you are going to whine and complain about it, dont use it.

It's the American people's natural gas ( well much of it still comes from American wells) so who are you to tell them to shut up when it's not as cheap as it could easily be?

It's as simple as that. You can't complain about high gas prices and complain about it hurts the environment or whatever it is you want to bitch about. And yes these companies are entitled to profit.

They are entitled to profit but they are not entitled to openly manipulate the market thus preventing alternatives or supply and demand from taking it's rightful, and actual market related, course...

The markup on gas is really nothing. You want a real markup? look at the clothing industry.

I don't need to fill up my car with clothes when i want to go to work or require the burning of some of that clothes during transportation... If you manipulate the price of gas you manipulate the entire economy and that we should not stand for. No one has to buy new clothes ( and people stop when they can't afford it) but transportation, heating, lighting and the use of fossil energy is at this time still vital to our every move in industrial or service economies. The price of clothes may very well be manipulated as well but it does not impact our lives like rising energy costs does.

Stellar

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

for some reason i feel like giving one of my older threads from 2006 a lttle BUMP!!!

PLUG A HOLE!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
it is one thing to have the capacity to percieve what may occur during the unfolding of future events, and determining what would have to be going on behind the seens to justify such actions and behaveiors...

it is one thing to blog about it and vent, point fingers, accuse & blame others....

it is another thing to effort and determine why, and act upon what you believe to be true, once you have seen enough tragedy and heartache due to disregard and contempt for our life forms on earth.

we can not permit the continuation of such events and dare to call ourselves guardians of anything other than what we thing "ours"

This spill ... this leak was preventable, but people were and are too distracted from the real information to find time to deaal with what is broken.

we cannot continue to demostrate an irreverence for life itself, we simply cannot.

this was preventable.
this was foreseen.
this was predicted.
this was known to be a possible outcome of what happens when money meets complacency.

now what can governments or the corporation of america do?

big oil is needed to finish the GLOBAL WAR ON TERROR.

For those who do not know what GLOBAL MEANS...

it means WORLD

SO, marketting techniques aside...

World War III started a few years back.

now the animals and plant life have to pay for it?

if we are the most advanced species on the planet and we are scared....

then think of how all "inferior" life must be feeling, beyond scared i would imagine.

thoughts, things & stuff,
ET

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join