It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Iraqis not good enough for help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hello all,

WTF, while more and more people are dying in Iraq and the UN as well as the world focus on securing Israels border, something that they (Israel), didn't have the skill or willpower to do themselves. Seems to me those 15000 peacekeepers could be better used in Iraq, a place where people are dying by the dozen every day... I just don't understand it...

-SB

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yeah i agree, but obviously the UN wouldn't go into Iraq because America are there, and it would show what a great failure the whole thing was if the organisation that condemned the war, would go in and sort it out.

Bush would not allow the UN in, because it undermines Americas authority in the area, which without UN intervention, is at a great low.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The UN is their to secure Lebanons control of their own border. Israel already has full control of their border.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
The UN is their to secure Lebanons control of their own border. Israel already has full control of their border.

Excuse me, but I don't think this is true - I would say partial control, but full control would mean that that the people of Israel could rest easy knowing that they could visit the market without fear of suicide bombers, somehow I do not think this is the case...

It is my opinion that Israel attempted to gain full control of their borders with this latest war, but failed. Thus the need for the UN to come in and police the border for them... actually this is probably the best thing to happen, otherwise the conflict may have spread further in that region.

What we really learn from this is the fact that Western style military tactics cannot deal with religiously motivated guerilla warfare. No matter how much money or weaponry you throw into a war against insurgancy you are still going to lose. This is proven in the case of the US in vietnam and now in Iraq - they have really lost both wars, Iraq is lost but the US just hasn't realised it yet... one of two things will happen here - they will pullout and Iran will fill the vacency, or the more likey; the US will attack Iran.

Basically the only way out now is to destabilise the middle east so that the only real regional power left is Israel. Let the ME arabs fight amongst themselves so they have no time to mess with the west... They only real barrier to this is Iran..., once Iran is destabilised the Arab ME will probably turn into one big Iraq (or africa) and this is very good for the west

I know I am all over the place...

[edit on 30-8-2006 by sobolwolf]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
You dont get sucicide bombers coming from Lebanon.

And there's no point in securing the border, Hezbullah can fling rockets over it.

Iraq doesnt get UN help because no country in its right mind wants to send their soldiers to such a quagmire thats obviously degenerating into a lost cause.

top topics

join