It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine will make us perfect. I don’t think so

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
A lot of people believe that the next step of the evolutionary step is that we will be like half human half machine. Now there is a fine line between man made and nature. You can call it evolution if we are causing it. The real perfect human wont be from machine but from genes. Having every gene known to existence would make us perfect but do u know how many years it would take for something like that to occur in nature, thousands or years. But then we are not going up the evolutionary ladder we are only creating an escalader. What I mean by that is that we can force nor create our next evolution.
But for other animals and plants they still have a far away to go before they reach the top.

To me I think that this is our last evolution, yea we can modify it but it wont be real evolution. Homo sapiens to me are the last of the monkey bread. I think we have hit the top of our stair case and now we are only making a floor. Yea me might have powers of that of the mutants but we will still be Homo sapiens.

Why do I think we are the last is that because we are already perfect, we can think, react, have ideas, invent, speech, learning, etc. it makes up perfect though in everything that is just perfect there is always things that like get in the way like cancer, STD’s, etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well, machines in some ways can be considered evolution. In otherwards, the human mind evolves to the point where we can develop machines that speed our evolution.

However, perfection is an illusion. The only state of perfection is the universe itself, which is forever evolving. There never is an end result in evolution. Evolution itself is perfection.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm interested in organic based technology, have we stepped in that area yet other than mechanical machines?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Now there is a fine line between man made and nature.

Really? Where is this completely arbitrary line then? Anything that is Carbon based is nature and anything else is man made?

Our Biomolecular makeup is far more complex than a simple dumbing down and polarizing between two categories as they will overlap and merge at some point.

The Biological and the Nano-Mechanical have been merging for some time now and is about to reach critical mass soon! This is just the first wave of the NBIC(Nano Bio Info Cogno) convergance that is happening, in increasing speed. The first efforts of this convergance is already happening in new implant technologies and new "Lab on a Chip" projects and products.

The real perfect human wont be from machine but from genes. Having every gene known to existence would make us perfect but do u know how many years it would take for something like that to occur in nature, thousands or years.

Define Perfection...

No matter who you ask, you'll get a different answer as that "goal" is completely subjective.

People will modify themselves for a variety of goals, some of them will just Vanity mods but that one is obvious. But then there is the Engineer who wants an extra hand(or two dozen extra hands through cybernetic interfacing with a machine, direct mind to machine control is very real and will eventually be perfected), or the Exo-Biologist who want to be able to touch and feel potential alien specimines without actually being there, etc. All of this will require a mix of Mechanical and Biological solutions. On the molecular-scale there are advantages and disadvatages to everything.

But then we are not going up the evolutionary ladder we are only creating an escalader. What I mean by that is that we can force nor create our next evolution.

The more our medical technology progresses, the less evolution effects us.

But for other animals and plants they still have a far away to go before they reach the top.

The top of what? The Food chain?

To me I think that this is our last evolution, yea we can modify it but it wont be real evolution. Homo sapiens to me are the last of the monkey bread. I think we have hit the top of our stair case and now we are only making a floor. Yea me might have powers of that of the mutants but we will still be Homo sapiens.

I feel that you are wrong. I believe we are on the cusp of speciation along several different lines. Most will be artificially induced, the only one being left behind is poor old Homo Sapien.

Why do I think we are the last is that because we are already perfect, we can think, react, have ideas, invent, speech, learning, etc. it makes up perfect though in everything that is just perfect there is always things that like get in the way like cancer, STD’s, etc.

Perfect? HAHAHAHAHAHA! There is no such thing. Like Utopia, it's a fools dream to think we are perfect atm or ever will be in the foreseeable future. I can see us doubling or tripling our lifespan in the next century, but that is just a step towards.... what? I don't know... I just know I'm not gonna wait for Evolution to decide because by that time I'll be dead and gone...

I'm interested in organic based technology, have we stepped in that area yet other than mechanical machines?

Define organic. Do you mean something that is basically a living being or something constructed from organic elements(on the periodic table like Carbon, etc)

[edit on 31-8-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
aren't we simply organic machines?

being a cyborg imo would be incredible

less deaths from accidents/drunk drivers
easier job for rescue workers
etc

though it would be really tough on competative sports...

meh, it's a trade off

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So u guys are saying steroids is like evolution it increases ur musles though its not healthy so wouldnt a man thats part mechine also not be healthy for us?

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Are you saying vitamin supplements are the same?

It's a complex issue. What becomes tampering with our bodies and what becomes improving quality of life?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
in a way yes steroids make the muscles in ur body grow not in the natural sence, machines will make us very strong but not in a natural sence either. if u get what im saying

top topics

join