It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina? Iraq is more important!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Of the roughly 110 billion dollars the US Congress allocated in the wake of the storm, just 44 billion has been spent amid bitter disputes and finger-pointing among state and local governments and Washington.

80 billion dollars for spreading democracy in Iraq!!

Yesterday Bush felt sorry and took the rap. :shk: A few crocodile tears.
And now back to business - at the ranch. He's gatta complete his vacation you see.
The poor suckers of New Orleans be damned.

Christ! Where's my golf cart? I gotta complete at least six holes today...and then what's the chef cooked today? Ah! lobster stirred in white sauce with a dash of corriander sauted to taste.
The poor suckers of New Orleans be damned.

That's what the Bush Administration is all about. Poodlefaking.
Oh man what a disaster. Not Katrina. The Bush Administration.

What did the Americans do to deserve this? :bnghd:

[edit on 30-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I personally don't care. How come all we hear about is New Orleans? Maybe because other regional communities actually don't have the entitlement mentality and solve their own problems.

I'd rather have my tax money spent in Iraq to foster a democracy and beat down the terrorists.

The people of New Orleans voted for Ray Nagin. Let him fix the problems he and the region's legacy of corrupt democrats caused.

How many more sex changes with "rebuild" funds have to happen before the handout mentality rebuild effort is deemed "successful"?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
I personally don't care. How come all we hear about is New Orleans? Maybe because other regional communities actually don't have the entitlement mentality and solve their own problems.

Um.. Try the Corps of Engineers and their problem, ie. levees. Do I really have to get this link again for a thread? Look for my others.

I'd rather have my tax money spent in Iraq to foster a democracy and beat down the terrorists.

Because we're doing such a good job with that!

The people of New Orleans voted for Ray Nagin. Let him fix the problems he and the region's legacy of corrupt democrats caused.

Nope, Nagin is actually a Republican, but he ran under the Democratic ticket to ensure his win. Secondly, he wasn't voted in just by the "people" of New Orleans, a lot were bussed in that now have decided that they are going to live elsewhere anyway. There is a demand for a recall brewing already. Boy, wouldn't that kill your argument! The "people of New Orleans who got what they deserved" turned around and got rid of him.

How many more sex changes with "rebuild" funds have to happen before the handout mentality rebuild effort is deemed "successful"?

What? All one sex change? Come on! :shk:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Since you said you'd prefer your tax money to be spent on "Spready Democracy in Iraq," then I'll assume you're actually a tax-paying citizen of the United States.

Anyone who views spreading democracy (or rather, protecting US hegemony in the middle-east) as more important than the safety and security of the citizenry of their own nation, is incredibly calloused towards their own people.

If you want to state that the voters are responsible for what happened, then it could just as easily be said that, if the United States mainland was attacked by a state-sponsored army (not terrorists) then those people who hadn't voted for the then-current leader wouldn't have any right to demand protection from the assault.

Is the government required to fix what is essentially a state's problem? No, apparently not. But shouldn't the federal government be responsible enough to put the needs of it's citizens above the needs of another nations', and certainly the needs of a war, which most of the citizenry doesn't support?

And as for the "silence" from "other regional communities," I'd like to point out that in the wake of Katrina, the MEDIA focused almost completely on New Orleans, even though the destruction was more complete in areas of Mississippi. The city I live in was slammed hard, and many places within it were without power for over a month, and we're 90 miles north of the coast. Those communities which seem to be "solving their own problems" is due largely to the fact that many of those communities were empty for a long time, and are now filled with quite a few FEMA trailers.

Of the coastal communities affected, ALL recieved federal aid, not just New Orleans - New Orleans was just the most well-known city impacted, and got most of the publicity and media coverage.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlaznRob

And as for the "silence" from "other regional communities," I'd like to point out that in the wake of Katrina, the MEDIA focused almost completely on New Orleans, even though the destruction was more complete in areas of Mississippi. The city I live in was slammed hard, and many places within it were without power for over a month, and we're 90 miles north of the coast. Those communities which seem to be "solving their own problems" is due largely to the fact that many of those communities were empty for a long time, and are now filled with quite a few FEMA trailers.

Of the coastal communities affected, ALL recieved federal aid, not just New Orleans - New Orleans was just the most well-known city impacted, and got most of the publicity and media coverage.

sunherald.buzznet.com...

BlaznRob:

You are absolutely correct about the focus in New Orleans. I live in Long Beach, Ms. and my home is only about a 5 minute drive to the Gulf of Mexico.There was total devastation for 2 blocks or so inland from the beach. We had wind and storm surge.

The debris may be gone, but the empty slabs where houses and businesses once were is a haunting picture.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc

You don't care.. You have to be joking!
Now I see why our country is in the shape its in. As Americans we better start caring right now. Because our country is about to be yanked out from under us. And we'll be sent to one of these Fema prison camps.

Katrina was a disaster and many lives were lost and far as I know its still in a mess, so is Iraq and New York. And that where all our tax money went poof into thin air just like that.

top topics

join