It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is Possibly Cavernous not Hollow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Here is why I think this:

A while ago (when I still had a psychic sense), while lying in bed after sleeping, I questioned if the earth was hollow. 98% of the time I was only able to pick up on a notion of "yes", "no", or "partially". So i got an answer of "partially". Then i questioned "caves"? The answer was "yes". I think I got the impression that the caves were very large but maybe that was an assumption. I got the feeling that my late grandfater was telling me this.

The last time I did an astral projection (the only time), I tried to find these caves. It seemed like I encountered some sort creature. Then my heart rate whent up! This is not normal since i was not scared or frightened. Being in a fight mode I went along with it and did some astral punching, kicking and head to wall smashing. Then I opened my eyes. My heart rate DID go up but cant say It was a real projection and not my imagination since I couldnt visualise much of anything besides the cave. Im certain astral projections are possible though.

It is just my opinion that the earth has huge caves but not necessarily a single massive hollow section. I realy need to go spelunking!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
dude... dude... I don't even know what to reply to that.

You think your pyschic... although you clearly just have an over-active imagination.

earth.usc.edu...

The earth's core is made of molten rock and metals, it's not hollow. Wherever you are getting hollow from, has as much validity as your pyschic sense that it's caves.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
He didn't say it was hollow, he said it was cavernous.

I think it's very possible for the earth to be 'porous' in a sense, with the crust being full of many caverns and tunnels, and geodes. But I don't think the rest of the planet is, unless it's a very foamy magma

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsiv
He didn't say it was hollow, he said it was cavernous.

I think it's very possible for the earth to be 'porous' in a sense, with the crust being full of many caverns and tunnels, and geodes. But I don't think the rest of the planet is, unless it's a very foamy magma

Originally posted by GlassRunner
It is just my opinion that the earth has huge caves but not necessarily a single massive hollow section. I realy need to go spelunking!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You have not been here long, that does not even qualify as a one-liner.....we can all read what the previous posters wrote. (BTW one-liners are "somewhat" frowned upon at ATS.)

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The earth is cavernous. Yo can search through websites and look into ancient history and see where societies lived in caves and caverns. I don't know the depth that all of these go, but you can be certain there are many that are undiscovered. People dive deep into undeground caverns, often never reaching the end. The earth displays this on the surface with such sites as the grand canyon, etc. It is something that cannot be denied, but can only be proven to be more cavernous than we yet realize.

There is so much of earth that is no where near the core.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
You have not been here long, that does not even qualify as a one-liner.....we can all read what the previous posters wrote. (BTW one-liners are "somewhat" frowned upon at ATS.)

As I'm not too keen on what is acceptable and not acceptable on this forum, what did I write that is questionable?

~~~~~~~~~

You have a U2U from me.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Do you mean like in "The Core"? These things were floating around in molten stuff, in the movie. Apparantly, someone out there in the movie business doesn't think that hollow spots in molten mess is impossible.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alpha_omega
The earth's core is made of molten rock and metals, it's not hollow.

That theory hasnt a shred of proof and will not be proven or disproven by the public for a very long time.

Heres why hollow/cavernous earth theory makes more sense. Material in the center of a spinning object will be forced to the outer edge because of centrifugal force. The outer section of the earth has more mass than the inner section. Also, the outer section is moving at a much greater speed which increases mass.

it appears your a complete skeptic. This forum has enough skeptics. Do us all a favor and stick to politics.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That theory hasnt a shred of proof and will not be proven or disproven by the public for a very long time.

It has, just do a bit of research and you will see.

Heres why hollow/cavernous earth theory makes more sense. Material in the center of a spinning object will be forced to the outer edge because of centrifugal force.

That is why objects on the surface of the Earth should fly away, they have nothing above them and all that centrifugal force if forcing them up...

The outer section of the earth has more mass than the inner section. Also, the outer section is moving at a much greater speed which increases mass.

The outer sections are the lighter ones, and that is easily proved, and has been proved.

it appears your a complete skeptic. This forum has enough skeptics. Do us all a favor and stick to politics.

Oh, sorry, I didn't noticed that you were the ATS appointed "skeptic police" of this forum, I am out of here.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
jv.gilead.org.il...
this ones just for you Glassrunner
but be aware
Jules Verne only wrote fiction

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
But, no one seems to have read menguards postings !

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarknut

But, no one seems to have read menguards postings !

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If most people do not read the posts in thread where they post, why should they read other threads?

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

So what you're telling me, is that instead of believing that the molten theory is true... I should believe you're psychic powers?

Heres why hollow/cavernous earth theory makes more sense. Material in the center of a spinning object will be forced to the outer edge because of centrifugal force. The outer section of the earth has more mass than the inner section. Also, the outer section is moving at a much greater speed which increases mass.

Thank you armap, couldn't have said it better. That whole thing you just wrote is completely debunked by one word: GRAVITY.

Do me a favor and stick to science fiction, not science.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the earth is a solid sphere with a creamy filling that has a giant-ol' ball of iron at the core

creamy filling + cavernous doesn't work

the temperatures would be far to extreme for a system of caverns to exist

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Many, many people smarter than you have believe the earth is not hollow. If you can find a single geologist (I am a geologist by the way) that believes this rubbish, I will quit geology forever. Science doesnt accept a theory without a vast amount of evidence. When the theory of plate techtonics was first proposed it was dismissed, however vast evidence now makes it the grand unifying theory of geology, the theory of solid earth is no different.

Surely if this rubbish is to be believed then we would all be floating away from the earth under the immense centrifugal force. Why would all the earths mass be forced outwards until it meets the surface, then be subjected to gravity?

[edit on 31-8-2006 by scepticsteve]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

earth.usc.edu...

The earth's core is made of molten rock and metals, it's not hollow. Wherever you are getting hollow from, has as much validity as your pyschic sense that it's caves.

It is?? how do they know that? have they been down there? what is the deepest that they have drilled down? They are guessing in case you don't know. A somewhat educated guess and I would bet it it wrong like much of science we know today... or incomplete.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

earth.usc.edu...

It is?? how do they know that? have they been down there? what is the deepest that they have drilled down? They are guessing in case you don't know. A somewhat educated guess and I would bet it it wrong like much of science we know today... or incomplete.

you're right. The earth is hollow, what was I thinking?!?!?!?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't see how a hollow earth could form in the first place...

And if the earth is hollow... where does lava come from?

Plenty of caverns could form in earth from magma flows and water erosion. We already know there are massive cavern networks like Carlsbad and Lechuguilla (Lechuguilla has yet to be fully explored).

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
If most people do not read the posts in thread where they post, why should they read other threads?

I went to sleep after posting and then was busy with my day, and yes I have the tendancy to read other peoples threads than my own because they are usually more interesting. BUT I NEED MORE POINTS SO POST AWAY HAHAHA

Maybe the earth has an empty spot in the center but isnt largely hollow. Im not highly knowledgeably on the laws of gravity so correct me if im wrong. What would happen to matter at the very center of the earth? Does earths gravity come from one spot, smaller than an atom at the very center of the earth? How else would there be matter in the very center of the Earth? But since all matter has a gravitatinal force, this doesnt make sense to me. To me it seems that matter that is smack dab in the center of the earth would be gravitationally pulled from every direction. If matter moves closer to one side of the earth than the other, it should recieve an increasingly stronger gravitational pull from that side. The closer masses are to each other, the more gravitational attraction they have. So maybe the matter would end up sticking to one side? I dont know there just ideas. Oh and for there to be proof of the center of the earth, we or some machine will have to go there. Otherwise we have only evidence.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by GlassRunner]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join