It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finish This Sentence: Organized Religions Are Wrong Because:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'll finish this sentence from my perspective, but first i have a few thoughts i would like to share in order for you to follow/acknowledge my point of view, and my "brand" of thinking.

I have a question for you, personnally:

Is a person's intentions good when they are only motivated to do the right thing out of fear of reprisal, or fear of the consequences if they do the wrong thing, or do not act at all?

It seems to me that most organized religions that i am familiar with promote this ideology that teaches and preaches that your intentions are good and pure if you do good deeds because you fear the consequences of not doing the good deeds.

How is this not promoting fear, and the necessity of it? It is rather apparent from the dogma of many faiths that fear is the underlining system of control to get people to do the right thing.

I think Fear is the root cause of everything humanity views as "evil".

Fear in my opinion is the opposite of Love, not hate.

How can one justify their hate for another without first feeling afraid that that which they hate has the potential to either deminish, or take away, something they love and hold reverence for?

I know enough about how the human brain works by the "Law of Association" to form new memories, experiences, and ideas that can only attach themselves to compatible pre-existing truths that are accepted as facts by the conscious, and subconscious mind.

I feel confident in saying that Fear is what promotes compartmentalizing of the brain, instigating the percieved necessity of having barriers in one's own mind to the degree that the human mind is literally fractionalized in such a way that the person is only consciously aware of 2,000 bits of information per second (sparks of electricity shared between the synapses of the brain cells) compared to the 400,000,000,000 bits of information being relayed between brain cells in the subconscious part of the mind.

Consider this: All sensory input into the brain First gets introduced to the subconscious part of the mind which processes the information at a speed of 400,000,000,000 bits of information per second. Then what information your conscious mind is willing and capable of accepting is introduced from your subconscious to your conscious part of your mind. But, can your conscious state of mind really transcribe the same amount of information?

Fear inhibits the mind, and restrains our mind's full potential. Why? Because of your conscious intentions. If you only have the intentions to survive, then all the information you need is how to survive.

I believe we have some kind of mechanism (be it Self Pre-Serve, or another) that prevents us from being capable of consciously understanding even our own minds (the 400,000,000,000 bits of information per second we are not consciously aware of).

So, to finish my own sentence, with my support being the above stated:

Organized Religions Are Wrong Because:

They promote an ideology in which people who do good deeds have good intentions because of a primary motivation of fear.

Fear is their cruch and system of controlling the wills of others.

Do you think God wants to be feared, or understood/accepted/and loved?

I sometimes think fear and hate are one in the same, because it seems neither exists entirely without the other. But to send both of those files to the trash bin definatley help in clearing up a lot of space in your hard drive and assist with de-fragging your own mind.

I'll let you know in advance i doubt i'll defend my view if it comes under attack in this thread. You are intitled to either agree or disagree with how i observe reality. And, i'll read your words with as open a mind as i have. But, if the rhetoric turns negative and belittling, i am not participating. There is little one could say to prove that my justification for my opinion is not rooted firmly in accepted knowledge.

So, now it is your turn to finish the sentence, or simply say that you find no error with organized religion.

Organized Religions Are Wrong Because: .........

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
....if there is only one God then why so many different religions or should I say denominations. I don't remember there being any organized religion in the bible.

my humble 2 cents worth.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Organized Religions Are Wrong Because: ....

If that religion isn't correct, then aren't those leaders condemning all their followers to hell by believing the wrong thing?

Unless God counts any worship of a god as worship of him. A problem there with Satanism though.

I'd rather make my own mind up which is to say that the truth is that god is simply love, and worship him in anyway you see fit with that description. After all the bible has had 2000 years worth of people who can have twisted it. Jesus might only have preached love, but people since then can have modified it, such as parts which don't fit with what love/kindness is.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Organized religions are wrong when they do not have faith in Jesus Christ, crucified and risen and returning again. When He alone is not the basis for one's salvation, the religion is built on falsehood and is deceptive.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Organized religions are wrong because...

Morals and Dogma

...The alteration from symbol to dogma is fatal to beauty of expression, and leads to intolerance and assumed infallibility.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Organized Religions Are Wrong Because:

They all in one way or another promote death and destruction which goes against everthing they're supposed to preach. No wars without religion.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Organized religion is wrong because it is a form of mind control and therefore control of the masses who believe in it, and also those rules that applies to religion can be changed to suit the leaders which means it's a joke.

It was amazing to watch how quickly those so called Christian people who constantly preach the ten commandments and the put those ten commandments and prayer in schools and everywhere and society would be a better place to a bunch of lets go to war and kill all them terorists everywhere and so what if a few 100,000 innocent Iraqi's get in the way, that's just collateral damage, in a blink of an eye.

If you believe in something as a rule then you don't change it at your convenience. You work toward change in the things you see as wrong following those rules, not breaking them. But these people don't even follow their own beliefs and want to tell others how to live. Their religon is a joke and they made it a joke when they did not even follow their own teachings.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Their religon is a joke and they made it a joke when they did not even follow their own teachings.

I humbly dissagree. I think they made themselves hipocrits by not observing their own rules, but trying to enforce them by breaking them. I'll agree to that much. As for making their religion a joke, i think they just proved to everyone they do not really follow their religion, and therefore proved their lack of integrity.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nobody should tell you what or how to think. What you read, is for you. Means something totally different to me than you. You can tell me what it means to you, but don't force me to believe it too!

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
....if there is only one God then why so many different religions or should I say denominations. I don't remember there being any organized religion in the bible.

my humble 2 cents worth.

There are so many religions because the deceiver doesn't want you to find that One God.

It works doesn't it.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Organized religions are wrong because...

Every last one of them are a form of idolatry. There is an old Sikh saying, "If you can't see god in everything than you can't see god in anything." And I agree with that. Religions focus your mind on the very narrow when I believe you should be open to everything.

Ofcourse my beliefs apply only to me. I'm a cult of one. If you want to join my cult the answer is no, go start your own cult.

wupy

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix

Originally posted by madhatter

my humble 2 cents worth.

There are so many religions because the deceiver doesn't want you to find that One God.

But God may be as great as the rumors have it, and follow any one of those religions to its end, and perhaps you'll see they are all extremely accurate .... ????

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
deleted*

[edit on 4-9-2006 by masonite]

new topics

top topics

join